Caribe Hilton San Juan
US$185
US$401
US$303
  • Pool
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$311
US$418
US$354
  • Pool
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$187
US$369
US$355
7,224 results
All reviewsprivate beachpina colada clubmorton's steakhousehilton honors towergarden wingmain buildingtropical gardenthe open air lobbyswim up barocean viewpool areabeautiful propertyhotel restaurantscab ridenice beachconcierge deskcondado area
Reviewed 19 May 2010

The hotel looks like it would be an off the hook good time. Checkin was speedy and efficient. As an elite level in the Hhonors program I received free Internet and free continental breakfast from the front desk.

I had a room on the 8th floor. The hotel interior needs serious updating. Carpets are terrible, all the walls are chipped. The room had a balcony with a door that is rusted so badly it is inoperable. The smell in the hall way is distinctly, sewer gas. The bed is very comfy, but that is all the good to say about the room.

I wanted to go for a swim after work, I walked down to the pool area and was greeted with a sign that said the pool closed at 9pm. I walked over to get a towel, had to sign one out (because they charge you $25 if you lose it). The attendant said the towel must be returned at 6pm. I had 30 minutes to enjoy the beach and get the towel back. I decided I didn't want to chance it. I asked the front desk about this policy and they said that I could just use a towel from my room. Seems they need a memo sent around about this. I was afraid I would be charged $25 over the 14% pool surcharge so I never did use the pool or beach area.

The staff at the front desk seems angry you are there, with the exception of the gold/diamond area.

I am going to be back in San Juan, and though this hotel is the best for my business location, I will never be back. I don't suggest you go either.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Juniordelarosa, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2010

Dear guest

Thank you so very much for such a wonderful review, we welcome all comment and concerns regarding our guest experience because this is the only way we can improve our service culture and continue to deliver the exceptional service we are well known for delivering, I would like to express my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay and overall the room conditions, unfortunately we don’t have any information to check on an specific room number, however, I will be sharing your comments with our housekeeping team for their action and to avoid similar situation with our future guests.
Thank you so very much for your valuable comments. Blade De La Rosa, Caribe Hilton HHonors Manager.

Reviewed 17 May 2010

I stayed here with my boyfriend for 5 nights in May. Overall, we had a good experience. The location is awesome, being close to Old San Juan and near other resorts, casinos, and right on the beach. The hotel itself is very nice. The pool and ocean are lovely, and we found plentiful and comfy lounge chairs. Everything is clean and well-maintained. The swim up bar is fun, and they have lots of activities like snorkeling and kayaking available. The service was far from stellar. The concierge, in particular, ranged from surly and unhelpful to giving out bad advice and wrong directions. Don't expect great service, and you won't be disappointed. The food was terrible and overpriced, like all resort food. But I've stayed in a lot of resorts, and this one seemed to have even less appealing and even more obscenely priced food than most. Rent a car and go out for meals. We went to the grocery store in OSJ the first say and bought bagels and fruit for breakfast, saving the $50+ per day it would have cost us to eat at the buffet. Best decision ever.

Overall, a good time. Just make sure you can feed yourself offsite and don't expect anyone who works there to be overly helpful.

3  Thank PandaEnRoute
Reviewed 16 May 2010

I'm not sure what the "normal" price for this place is but we booked on Travelocity and I think we got a killer deal. The main downside to booking this way is that we got a room at the back of the hotel which overlooked a roof. However, the roof was clean and attractively painted and we could still see the ocean. The room itself was spacious and comfortable; we chose a king-size bed that was extremely comfy. There is a refrigerator, 32" TV, and hair dryer in the room, but no microwave. There is a safe which I'm pretty sure requires a fee to use. Internet in the rooms is 25/day but wifi in the lobby area is free. Parking is 16/day in the nearby lot. There was plenty of room in the lot and we were able to park right next to an elevator every time.

Staff was moderately helpful and friendly. Unfortunately one of the concierges only seemed to be able to say "In Old San Juan" every time we asked him a question. He spoke perfect English but unfortunately seemed to give lazy answers; for example, when we asked about buying stamps he neglected to tell us that we could mail letters at the front desk for 60 cents; instead we visited both CVS and Walgreens to no avail before we discovered the hotel's postage service. Other staff was very friendly, and helpful, however. We really appreciated the hotel's flexible cleaning schedule. We could freely place the "do not disturb" on our door at any time, multiple times per day, and still be sure that our room would be magically made up if we left for an hour or more.

Beach access is fantastic with a large, clean, and well-appointed beach area with free towel service. There are several expansive pools including a smaller pool and whirlpool at the rear of the hotel in a quiet, secluded area. There is a quiet tropical garden complete with swans, peacocks, and carp. The small San Geronimo fort is clearly visible nearby though at this time it is not open to the public.

Shopping and eating amenities were plentiful but expensive, so we didn't take advantage of them. 12 buck cocktails served in small plastic cups or 6 buck local beer was the norm. However, there is a small package store and deli nearby which serves excellent breakfast and lunch, and there's a Subway within less than a block. Further, most stores in Old San Juan sell beer and hard liquor that can be brought back to the room fridge for a fraction of hotel bar and restaurant prices, and good restaurants abound within a short distance either in Old San Juan or across a short bridge in El Condado on Ashford Ave. Additionally, many bars and clubs are located nearby but we wary of taking a cab--we paid 15 bucks each way for a short ride. Renting a car to get around is definitely recommended, though parking can be hard to find. Old San Juan is within walking distance and a good free trolley service will take you around the city if you’re tired from the walk in to town.

Overall for the package price we paid on Travelocity, we were extremely pleased with the Caribe Hilton. Had we paid a premium price I might have been less enthusiastic, but for what we paid we received and outstanding value. Highly recommended for a visit to Old San Juan.

1  Thank jettjon
Reviewed 15 May 2010

This hotel is simply amazing. It is situated on beautifully maintained oceanfront acreage with unexpected delights. Of course, the first thing you see is the ocean, framed in the central lobby of the hotel where you enter after being warmly greeted by staff. They have a concierge, Eric, who is friendly and knowledgable about local attractions, going out of his way to accomodate what you want to do in San Juan- not forced in to a pre-packaged tour. The restaurants, although a bit pricey, are a good value. Dont miss the mico rainforest with swans, peacocks and koi. The hotel was spotless everywhere we went, the staff was attentive. Old San Juan was easy to get to by bus (50 cents!). The historical places are a must- the old forts particularly. Be sure to wear comfortabble walking shoes as the streets are narrow, old and alot are cobblestones.

2  Thank Beebmac
Juniordelarosa, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2010

Dear guest

Thank you for your valuable comments regarding your stay in our property, your comments will be share with our team members to create awareness and ensure they continue providing the service described in your comments, our main goal is create great experience to the great people visiting us, your comments are indicative that we are getting to our goals and we will continue improving our service ad infrastructure in order to continue delivering our founder promise. Blade De La Rosa. HHonors Manager, Caribe Hilton hotel.

Reviewed 15 May 2010

Friend of mine and I,spent 4 nights at the Caribe Hilton.
From the minute we got there until the minute we left,the entire staff from the front desk was excellent and very attentive and helpful,Mr Blade De La Rosa was great and very professional,THANK YOU VERY MUCH,BLADE!!!
The staff from the full buffet breakfast,there're great and super friendly...Thank You guys!!
The room was very nice and beautiful - We had an oceanview room and the beds are very comfy,the bathroom was big and very spacious...love it!!!
The hotel had a nice and clean beach area and a private lagoon.The pool was nice and had a couple of whirlpools.Next to the pool area was a shaded area with nice hammocks to relax in.
There were also many areas with outdoor beds.
Our stay was great.We had a great time.
All in all,our stay at the Caribe Hilton far exceded our expectations,having read many of the negative reviews we would come back here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank beto09
Juniordelarosa, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2010

Dear guest, thank you so very much for your valuable comments regarding your stay in our property, we are delighted you enjoy your stay, our commitment is to guarantee our guests legendary stays, as per your comments I am able to see that we deliver you the promise our founder, Mr. Conrad Hilton made to travelers, and I am glad you took the time to share your positive comments with us, I will share your comments with all team members to encourage them to continue provident the excellent service you received in order to make future guests as happy as they made you. Once again thank you so very much for taking the time to share your comments. Blade De la Rosa, HHonors Manager at the Caribe Hilton.