“The BEST place to stay in San Juan”
Review of Hotel Iberia

Hotel Iberia
Ranked #41 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Hotel Iberia is an amazing place to stay. I have been staying there for many years. The hotel is in a super great location, walking distance from the beach, is across a 24-hour supermarket and has great parking space. It is extremely clean and the staff take care of your every need. It is central enough to everything, but far enough where you can get amazing restful sleep. This hotel provides you with FREE cable, WIFI, and the air conditioning is amazing!!!! Don Cristobal is super welcoming, super friendly, and has always welcomed me with open arms. I always feel like im coming back home. Once you stay there, you will always come back.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank oscar47369
There are newer reviews for Hotel Iberia

Reviewed 7 July 2013

On July 4, I stay at Hotel Iberia. The experience was fantastic, very nice, the staff is excellent, clean and comfortable rooms. The hotel is right near the beach. The cost per night was economic. I recommend it. I plan to stay at the next Christmas

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank EdJoseph
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I went to this hotel because the rest of the hotels were full. There were holes in the blanket, and not small ones. Although the staff was friendly, it was obvious that whomever is in charge does count on repeat guests. I really would not recommend this place to anyone. $100.00 is what I paid and I've never felt so cheated.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Teddy D
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This hotel is terrible! First mistake booking room on booking.com. Second mistake was expecting a decent room, wasn't looking for luxury but necessities would have been nice. There is no safe as listed on line so we didn't leave anything in the room. AC never got below 78 even on turbo setting. No clock in room, only 1 plug to charge phone which is across the room & 5 feet high so leaves hanging under tv. The sink constantly dripped, shower was wet when we got here. Worst of all a big red sign said do not put paper in toilet, but a tiny sign says a $250 fee for stopping up toilet. There is only a chain lock on the door & I can break in that if I wanted so we,2 women, didn't feel very safe. We originally booked 3 nights, based upon reviews we read &e can barely take 1. The hotel refused to refund us the 2 nights we didn't stay, booking.com refused to help either. Its not worth the $400 for 3 nights & they should be ashamed asking that much.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Txhotelgirlz
Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

Rip off!!!!!! Room was bare bones. No phone no clock no cups. Ice was Coleman cooler with drinking spout on it. Ripped bedspread. Stained sheets. AC would not go lower than 78 degrees. TV had 2 watchable stations. Cannot flush paper down toilet and will be charged $250 if you stop up up toilet. Reserved room thru Booking.com which was a mistake in itself. Booked for 3 nights could barely tolerate staying 1st night. Had prepaid at check in and hotel would only refunded one night even though we were owed refund for 2nd & 3rd night. Their pictures are nothing like what you get. Did not feel safe at all. Thank goodness I was not traveling alone. Kind of felt like I was in a hostel.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Hotelgirls
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Hotel Iberia was in a great location, can walk to bus to go to Old San Juan, walk to main street (Ashford) quite easily w/everything a tourist could ask for available, a super market right next door w/a cheap deli. Now, the hotel was nice, simple and clean for the most part. My only problem was my bed. Horrible, Horrible, Horrible; not clean at all, stains up the wazoo and I could feel the springs all night. I felt as though they got the beds from an asylum for free and just put them in the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Almaz A
Reviewed 21 January 2013

first i hate hen i am judge by my age aperiance i look like 16 but i am 23 and du that ibooked for a festival it does not mean i am a person that recks places up also the cleaning is really ugly and a waste of time the first thing you see is a filty so called hotel fulled of spider webs and other unplesent things, i made my booking true booking.com but the hotel manager was a old grump hated the place never in my life will viset this hotel for a 2 star hotel it looks like a one star cheap motel sorry but i have stained an no stars hotel that they really treat me as a 5 star client.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends