Canario Boutique Hotel
US$465
US$265
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$124
  • Breakfast included
US$354
  • Pool
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$170
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
US$303
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewscommon kitchenthe budget conscious travelerspent the weekrooms are smallold san juanrecommend elpriced hotelsitting roomacross the streetbars and restaurantspablohousekeeperrefrigerator
Reviewed 8 May 2013

This is not an exclusive hotel but it is nice. Cheap price, nice rooms, safety place, friendly staff, free breakfast and Wi-Fi in the lobby. The best thing in this hotel is location. It is surrounded by many bars and restaurants, big food makret is just few steps away. The beach is just 3 minutes by walk. There is no parking by you can leave your car in the parking in hotel next by (i think it cost about 12 $ per day). All in all i recomended this place for people who want to spend nice time in the San Juan for a good price and resonable standart.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We needed a hotel for just one night before leaving for Vieques. El Canario had a room at a reasonable rate. The room was basic, but we were comfortable and slept well (the wall AC drowned out the street noise, the neighborhood was likely on the Friday night we were there). The breakfast was very basic (it would be nice if they had fruit) but the courtyard we ate in was very cute. The front desk staff was very helpful and provided a good recommendation for dinner and some drinks.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Very nice with a great location. Not a fancy place, but all we did was sleep there! The room was tiny, but comfortable. Breakfast was convenient to start the day. Staff friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Good location, many restaurants and shops near by. Just a block from the beach.
The room is cute and clean. The breakfast was decent.
Reasonably priced, I think it is a good bargain considering what they offer.
I highly recommend if you are looking for a comfortable simple place in this area, especially if you are first time in San Juan.

The staffs are very nice and friendly yet didn't seem on top of the things....

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I stayed here in 2001. It was suggested as a choice by AAA so I gave it a try. Didn't know about PR so hadn't nothing to go on. The time I stayed it was called El Canario Inn and it was a bed and breakfast. I must say it is in a great location. I love that it is on this street Ashford you have choices of restaurants and spots to grab a drink. The beach is about a block or two away but you have to go through the alley like to get to it, (not good for me at night) and a nice souvenir shop. Now for the hotel. At the time I brought the kitchen sink with me and it was no elevator and the staff would not help us carry the bags up the three flights of stairs. The floor was dirty my feet was black and had to pull out my flip flop but didn't want to mess them up and we slept in our clothes. The bed was lumpy and the screen was broke on the window didn't feel safe. The air made noises.The bathroom well just say it was okay to use but you didn't want to. I really didn't feel comfortable leaving the room. Nice porch to sit on and great police control up and down the street. Once out of hotel great pizza, sangria and service across the street. In the morning the breakfast consisted of a glass of juice and fresh fruit which was yummy. We also received a new paper. Friend with me wanted to explore the mall and walk around but I just wanted to catch a cab to the pier and get on the ship which I did. This Inn did not stop me for loving Puerto the first time ever being there and since here I have stayed at worst.

Room Tip: Don't stay on top unless they got an elevator. Facing the street could hear noises
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends