We had an initial problem with the room we were first placed in. The internet would not work in the room (though it worked fine in the hallway), so they gave us a different room.
To my surprise the manager called the next morning, apologizing us for the inconvenience. She was disappointed that we weren't given a choice of an upgrade when he had to move our things and offered us dining coupons. Then the IT manager at the hotel called us to make sure that the internet in the new room was working fine.
This is the kind of service you rarely receive even at 4 or 5-star hotels and we were extremely pleased with our experience. The manager at the Conrad is terrific and really cares about the comfort and happiness of the visitors.
Other than that, we really liked our room. The beds are very comfortable and like the reading light right next to each bed. The TV is a little small, but fits well with the decor of the rooms. Our room had a large balcony and a nice view of the lagoon. Though the ocean view rooms are better, I was not disappointed. The bathroom is large and spacious, but there is no lock on the sliding doors. The shower head had ample pressure and the toiletries were from CLEAR by Jean-Jacques. There is a fridge in the bathroom as well as a coffee maker and a closet with lots of space. The internet in the room is free and fast (600 KB/sec and I mean Kilobytes, not Kilobits).
The hotel has two pools and a beach protected by a rock wall. Great place to swim and hangout, both for parents and kids. The view over the ocean is also gorgeous. The casino is large (by Puerto Rico hotel standards) and modern. The location is perfect with only a 5-minute drive to Old San Juan.
Some negatives... The business center is a bit of a rip-off. Also, self-parking is a bit of a pain. The ticket that you receive when you enter the parking lot has to be validated at the valet desk EVERY time. I hope they institute a better parking system, but this inconvenience was not enough to take away from the overall very positive experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotel. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-winning Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and bustling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham