The Condado Plaza Hilton
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Miramar(San Juan)
Comfort Inn(San Juan)
4,942 results
All reviewscafe caribelagoon sidesalt water poolocean viewpuerto riconoodle barold san juansmall beachglass showerswim up barpool arearopa viejaashford avenuecoffee makermain poolopen hoursconcierge desk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2012

From check-in, drinks on the beach, hanging at the pool and everything in between this was a great trip!

If it's within your budget go ahead and pick the ocean view room, you won't regret it! The pool area is awesome includes a slide in the larger pool and swim-up bar and don't forget to test out the salt water pool and jacuzzi. Restaurants and bars within the hotel are a bit pricey but have no fear you're within walking distance to great options including liquor stores and great eateries!
The beach area directly on the property gets pretty crowded during the day but again there is plenty of shore just a short walk away.

We'll definitely come back and stay again!

Room Tip: Corner suite with ocean view...well worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank i-heart-travel-too
Reviewed 11 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Conrad July 5th-10th so we had plenty of time to be around the resort and observe the service. When we arrived the lobby was empty so check-in was smooth. We requested a room with a good view and were put on the 7th floor on a room with an awesome balcony and great ocean view! Check in was smooth and easy and staff was very helpful from the beginning. The room was nice but we have stayed in other nicer resorts. No real complaints though besides there wasn't a bathtub and only a stand up shower which was still sufficient. The rooms have been recently renevated so I was happy about that. The workout facilites were top notch. plenty of bikes, treadmills, free weights and elipitical machines to access if you like to workout on vacation. They also have a steam room, sauna and whirlpool indoors. We stayed at the tower across from the main lobby so mainly used the smaller pool which was perfectly fine. Most times we went out it was nice and quiet with only a few people. We swam at night a few times and although the area was considered "closed" the security there was very nice and allowed us to remain in the area with no problems....given you keep the noise level down. The bigger pool area is open 24hours which is nice as well. There is a salt water pool and a water slide for children to take advantage of. Also out back there are hammocks to relax in overseeing the ocean. I could tell that the area surrounding the hotels used to be very nice at one point but it's pretty rundown now. There are lots of empty and abandoned buildings around. The police presence is obvious when you arrive, which made us feel good as well. Although the area needs more attention and maintance there are plenty of food options around. There was even a LV, Cartier, and other upscale shops close by which was surprising. Check out NORI for top notch sushi, Pikayo in the resort for work class dining, Haciendo for great and reasonable priced PR and Mexican food and you MUST eat the food made by the man under the tent by the busstop and beach. Get the chicken on a bun with all the fixings...it's amazing. The bus stop is very close and there are taxi's all around. The taxi's are ran by one company so there are set rates to get to places....no real negotiating there. The bus is only 75 cents but it's VERY slow. We attempted to ride the bus several times but gave up when the taxi came by and asked the group of us at the bus stop if we wanted to ride to old san juan for $2 a person (it normally costs $15 to ride there from the Conrad). The food at the pool is very expensive as are the drinks...it's convenient to eat and drink there but be prepared to pay alot! There is a liquor store right up the street where you can also buy snacks. I would suggest taking advantage of that. On our last day there we were catching a late flight so we requested a late checkout which was granted from 2pm...loved that!!! My one major complaint is being charged a resort fee of approximately $13 a day when we checked out. We were not informed of this and apparently since we booked with priceline this fee had to be paid. I was bummed about that.....so ask questions about the resort fee upon arrival. Overall we loved the Conrad. If you want to pay a bit more and stay in a more upscale area I'd suggest Isle Verde resorts but if you want to do more relaxing and don't mind a few eye sores, the Conrad is the spot for you!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank leda82
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I liked the location, walking distance from stores, restaurants and bars. Check-in was fast, room was clean and enjoyed the balcony. Taxi to Old San Juan is $15.00.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alac999
Reviewed 9 July 2012

On arrival, there was a HUGE line to check in as there was some sort of event going on. Once checked in, we found the room to be modern, spacious and comfortable. Our room was over the rd from the main area of the hotel, but you can move between both sides by way of a covered walkway, elevated over the road. You can only access this walkway from one level, but using it was quite unnecessary as you could exit and enter the hotel from both sides of the street.
The location is pretty good with access to a small bay/beach which is right next to the rd which is not very fun and there is no access to the main beach. The pool is kind of ok but nothing spectacular. We had read that condado is a nice area but found it was nothing but. it was very busy, there was lots of construction and too many homeless people for my liking. This was contrasted against people driving expensive cars and jogging along the rd, leading me to believe it was an expensive, fashionable area that has turned into a bit of a ghetto.
The walk into the old town was pretty long but we didn't mind it as there were things to see along the way, but id probably get a taxi next time. Despite thinking there was lots to see and do around the area, we were sorely disappointed. There are however, plenty of restaurants nearby offering very tasty Puerto Rican specialties.

Room Tip: a room facing the beach so that you avoid any traffic noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Zok I
Management response:Responded 15 July 2012

Dear Zok I,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your room and the convenience of the property's location. Condado is known as one of the better areas of San Juan; I am sorry that you felt that it was not up to your standards due to the current phases of construction. Please contact me if you have any plans to visit Puerto Rico in the future, and I will be sure to assist in recommendations and suggestions.

Leah Rossi
Guest Services Manager
leah.rossi@conradhotels.com

Reviewed 9 July 2012

This place is very comfortable to stay at, to say the least. The rooms are very spacious and eclectic. I loved the feel of them, plus they have balconies for every room so you can enjoy the view, depending on what side you're staying on. This hotel is in a great spot because there is a bus you can take for 75 cents or a trolley that's free that will take you to either vieja San Juan or around the island.
There's so much to do in this hotel as well. There's the casino and several different places to eat or get a drink. There's a Denny's and Starbucks at the bottom of the hotel as well. I can't say enough about this hotel. I will definitely be staying here again when I come back to Puerto Rico.

• Stayed: June 2012