The Condado Plaza Hilton
US$238
US$310
US$303
  • Pool
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$140
  • Breakfast included
US$418
US$354
US$431
US$365
Hotels.com
  • Pool
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$153
  • Restaurant
US$368
US$321
US$360
US$311
4,942 results
All reviewscafe caribelagoon sidesalt water poolocean viewpuerto riconoodle barold san juansmall beachglass showerswim up barpool arearopa viejaashford avenuecoffee makeropen hoursmain poolconcierge desk
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I stayed here for 4 days for a conference. What a great room I had. Don't worry about getting the ocean view or lagoon view -- they are both terrific. We were in the Ocean view Tower but had a lagoon view (from the top floor, level 10) and enjoyed watching all the paddle boarders in the lagoon. Room was spacious, and the bathroom was fantastic. I brought my daughter, who couldn't get enough of the pool. There are 4 pools, actually, and one is really just for families and includes a fun water slide, so the kids don't interfere with adult lounging and more sedate fun. It's nice that the hotel has a Denny's and a casual cafe, plus a more upscale restaurant. I didn't try the noodle place or the casino. The maid service was great -- the room was always impeccably clean. I did see a friend's room in the Lagoon tower -- she had a partial view of the ocean, even though the building was across the street. There was a little sitting area in the front of the room, broken up by a bathroom, then the sleeping area near the big window. Nice, but I preferred my larger, open plan with a king sized bed in the Ocean tower.]

I got a great rate because of the conference, but if I were to come back for a family vacation, I'd definitely want to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the Ocean tower.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Dencro45
MichelleBurn, Public Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Dear Dencro45,

Thank you for sharing your review on your recent stay. It brings us great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your room, and that your daughter had a great time at our pool! Please, feel free to contact me should you need anything on your next visit to the island. We hope to see you back once more!

Kind regards,

Michelle Burn
Public Relations Manager

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Today is our las night and we just found that my brother Ipad have been robbed from his room. Of course this ruined our night and our experience in this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank Sirisivette
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I stayed at the Condado Plaza from July 1-6. I'm a mom traveling with my 18 year old daughter and her best friend.
We arrived early and our room wasn't ready. We went to the lobby bar and had some drinks (18 is the drinking age in PR). The girls were somewhat impatient and went back to the front desk after an hour. Our ocean-view room on the 6th floor still wasn't ready, so the manager, Leah Rossi (the lady who sometimes responds to these reviews), took pity and assigned us to room 818. Thank you, Ms. Rossi!
Room 818 was divine, as was the view. I'm including photos. The decor had a boutique-hotel vibe, and the bathroom was huge. It had a stand-alone glass-walled shower, large vanity area, fridge and coffee-maker (the coffee they provide is great). The large balcony was recessed into the building, so you are protected from the rain, and the glass between the balcony and the room was thick and virtually soundproof. The TV service was excellent: I am a huge tennis fan, and got to watch all the Wimbledon coverage.
We used the bars, and ate at Cafe Caribe, the pool restaurant, Denny's and Starbucks. The food was good everywhere and the service was excellent. Just be warned: Denny's gets very crowded during breakfast, and my girls waited 20 minutes for a table once.
The beach is just OK, but the pool area is huge, welcoming and fun. There are many activities throughout the day, and there are plenty of lounge chairs.
The hotel is located at the western end of the Condado district, so all the local shopping and dining is to the east. There is a Chili's within feet of the hotel, if that's your thing. We found a great place called Waikiki on Ashford Avenue also near the hotel. It's a funky place with a bar at the street front, followed by a lounge with overstuffed chairs, followed by a waterfront back with a Greek Isle feel. The food is Puerto Rican with really incredible seafood. There's also a very reasonable souvenir shop with a sign that just reads "SOUVENIRS." It has the best prices, but only accepts cash. Near the La Concha resort is a grocery store where we bought rum, wine and snacks.
This was my 8th trip to PR, and the Condado Plaza was one of the least expensive resorts I've stayed in. I have always said that you have to go out of your way to not a have a good time in PR, but the Condado Plaza absolutely exceeded my expectations. I have read negative reviews about the staff, but they are absolutely untrue. Every last employee we came into contact with, from the front desk, to the bellstaff, to the pool, to the bars and restaurants was EXCEPTIONALLY friendly and concerned with the guests' wellbeing. Heck, even the housekeeping staff was friendly.
I loved the Condado Plaza and will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are worth the upgrade
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Alise H

Dear Alise H,

Thank you for your comments!

We invest a lot of time and effort and we thank you for your kind words. We will make sure to share your feeedback to our concessionaires as well as team members. We hope to see you back!

Kind regards,

Michelle Burn
Public Relations Manager

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Very Outstanding service at the lobby bar!!! Thank's Rafael!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Jerryhoffa
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I stayed here for a week and loved it! I was here for a conference. The facilities were great! I had an ocean view room on the 4th floor. I sat on my balcony a lot, watching and listening to the waves. I don't think I'll ever find a hotel room with a better view. Other people seemed to enjoy the lagoon view as well. The room was very big, clean and modern. It also had free wi-fi! I had no problems with noise. The staff was friendly and helpful. I ate a few times at Cafe Caribe, which had very fast service and good breakfasts. There are ten floors. I found it easier to use the staircase (on the side by the pools) than wait for the elevator. I took the B-21 bus from in front of the hotel to Old San Juan. It's a 10-15 minute ride and only 75 cents per ride (exact change only) - pick it up by Condado Beach and take it to the last stop. When coming back, get on at the bus station and get off by the laguna building. I had a fantastic stay at Condado Plaza and would recommend it to anyone going to San Juan!

Room Tip: Request an ocean view room
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo