The Condado Plaza Hilton
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Miramar(San Juan)
Comfort Inn(San Juan)
4,942 results
All reviewscafe caribelagoon sidesalt water poolocean viewpuerto riconoodle barold san juansmall beachglass showerswim up barpool arearopa viejaashford avenuecoffee makermain poolopen hoursconcierge desk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I usually stay at this hotel on average twice a year for business. When I checked in Sara was very nice and gave me a room on the ocean side tower with an ocean view room. The hotel towers are split between the ocean side and across the street (there is a covered walkway to get to them from the mezzanine level). I do not like that side due to how far you have to walk to get there and then if your room key doesn't work you have to walk all the way back! I don't think the rooms are as good on that side either. My interaction with the staff was a very good experience, all were very helpful and eager to assist. Yes as some reviewers have written, the property needs updating and probably a fresh coat of paint (sea salt and wind take a big toll). However, the inside is and has always been nicely kept and clean. In 5 years I have never had a dirty room or seen trays of food all over the hallway from left over room service as you sometimes find at other hotels.

I like the location and there are many good restaurants to choose from if you know where to go. The Waikiki is a very short walk and although it is kind of touristy the Seafood Mofongo is very good and you can have an ice cold beer with it while you sit out on the back deck and watch the waves come in. On the other side of the street a little further down is a place called Waiters Bar and Grill. Not as touristy and the food and prices cant be beat in Condado.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Patrick P

THIEVES!!!!!!! DANGER!!!!!
Me and my husband decided to take a vacation, and our friends from puerto rico recommended  the Condado Area since it is what you could call High Class Puerto Rico... The service provided by the staff is very poor, which doesn't affect me as long as the hotel is clean and safe.  But the first night out my ENGAGEMENT RING and WEDDING RING were taken out of my make up bag, which was INSIDE my suitcase.  As soon as we were back I noticed it.  And after looking everywhere in the room we decided to go inform the manager of the hotel... and he did NOTHING! he said it was my responsibility... He said he didn't care and that I had to take care of this.  After a long night... NOTHING WAS DONE. Not even checking which staff members had entered the room... It's been almost one month and NO-ONE has contacted me.

So if you stay at this hotel. Bring LOCKS and lock everything up if you are going out. because these are thieves and the customer service is horrible... So a hotel supposedly located in a high class area.. in which you wouldn't even have to worry about  safety...in which people pay higher just for the status and the name... Well there... PEOPLE STEAL and NOTHING is DONE about it.

Good luck.... I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Selene G
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at the Condado Conrad Hotel. Rooms clean, facilities great with fantastic sea view. Not boring and close to Old San Juan. I highly recommend this hotel for those visiting Puerto Rico or local residents.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
4  Thank Luis N
Reviewed 10 July 2013

This was our first trip to PR. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel. We had an ocean view room on the 3rd floor and loved it. The main restaurant is fair-I've had better food. The room was very nice, however we had a different maid every day and it depended on who the maid was whether or not you received the same number of towels on a daily basis. Overall the hotel was clean.
The bell persons were nice but left a bit to be desired in terms of quality of service. Often they were more interested in talking with each other or to the pretty women than doing what they should.
Our luggage was lost by the airlines and when it did arrive, we had to go downstairs to get it rather than a bell person bringing it up to us.
We lounged at the pool one day; drinks by the pools were twice as much than going to the inside bar. Very unreasonable.
It was a short walk to a bus stop; taxies were always available; rental car agency on site.
The hotel "beach" was actually a public beach site next door.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank kfjan
Reviewed 10 July 2013

With the Conrad name, you expect the best from Hilton brands. Sorry to say, it just wasnt here. Its a building reminiscent of an old Howard Johnson from the 70s. It seems like nothing in Hotel was changed since the 70s. We went in with such high expectations, only to be crushed upon arrival. Our room faced the other Conrad Building, no city view their, the room smelled of wet carpet. Worse of all experience, had to be the smell of urine emanating from the parking garage . I really can not recommend this property.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
7  Thank Bill R
MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear Bill R,

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. We apologize that you found our property outdated, our most recent renovation was in 2008 and was an estimated $75 million dollars invested in property, and room renovations. This is not typical of our hotel, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We again apologize for the inconveniences that you endured, if there is anything we can do to correct this please let us know. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Best regards,