Just spent an extended weekend at the Condado Plaza, formerly the Conrad Hilton, having booked the last minute trip to attend a family event.
1. Our ocean view room, on the 3rd floor, was exactly as viewed on the site's photos. Amenities, etc. were fine. Despite a late arrival, there were no problems at all with check-in.
2. Location - Situated at the west end of Ashford Avenue, there is easy access to the otherwise often congested Ashford Avenue and nearby streets and to the bridge that leads to San Juan.
3. Cafe Caribe on the Mezzanine level offers very reasonably priced breakfast options and marvelous oceanfront views. However, it does NOT offer the ubiquitous and much desired Puerto Rican "Cafe con Leche." It serves American ground coffee with warm milk, so please do not think of this coffee as the genuine article.
4. Multiple pools, including a salt water pool and a virtually private pool on the lagoon side of the facility.
5. A few steps outside the beach area there are local vendors with excellently priced food carts, drinks ($5 Pina Coladas), snacks. Turn right as you exit the hotel or walk through the beach area to the small plaza.
6. On the lagoon side, one can access reasonably priced kayak rental and other equipment.
1. Fine dining options are exorbitantly priced. Fortunately, Casa Lola is practically across the street and a much better option than Pikayo.
2. The lobby bars are simply uninviting. One is a circular setup with indifferent servers. Loud TVs broadcasting sporting events compete with earsplitting musical sounds bleeding from an adjacent bar/cafe. The distinction between these is unclear.
3. Beach area location affords easy access to non-guests. Yes, there is a right to access but not a right to enter the hotel grounds, use the hammocks, etc. It was clear folks had figured out that a nice tip would ensure the hotel staff at the beach would not alert security. If this is a concern, opt for the Caribe Hilton, where access is more strictly controlled.
4. Housekeeping - We left our room at 9:00 a.m., spotted housekeepers on the floor, and returned at 5:00p.m. The room had not been cleaned. When I inquired, I was advised that the rooms were done between 6-10p.m. but one could ask for an earlier time. We are frequent travelers and had not encountered this previously. The next day, the room was done by 10a.m.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotel. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-winning Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and bustling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham