“great overall stay”

Ranked #23 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
new jersey, United States
“great overall stay”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The hotel is beautiful and the staff is very accommodating. I would stay again in a heartbeat. you have a great little beach. My daughter and son both loved the water slide in the pool. It super close to Old San Juan so day trip worked out perfectly.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Dennis R,

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to read that you found our hotel beautiful, and that our staff was very accommodating. I am cheerful to know that your daughter and son enjoyed our water slide! Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us; if travel brings you back to Puerto Rico, please feel free to contact me directly via email at michelle.burn@hilton.com.

Always at your service,

Michelle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,067)
Garfield Heights, Ohio
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I am a little late in writing this review. My sister and I stayed at the Condado Plaza Hilton March 24th-28th. We had an awesome time!! The hotel was way nicer than I expected! We stayed in an ocean view room - it was definitely worth it! The bathroom was huge. There are two hotel towers across the street from one another. There are three pools total - one on the lagoon side and two on the ocean side. They were never overcrowded the entire time we were there. I especially loved the saltwater one. The two pools located on the side we were staying on were open 24 hours which was great!! The beach was small, but just perfect. You can snorkel and vendors sell cheap drinks :) The hotel gym was the nicest I have ever seen. Top notch equipment - bikes, ellipticals, treadmills, circuit training, kettle balls -- it was huge! There was also a sauna, steam room, and whirpool!! The staff was so friendly the entire time we were there. Very helpful! I wouldn't say the food choices at the hotel were the greatest or cheapest, but there were several places to eat nearby. It was in a great location although I was expecting there to be more shopping within walking distance. We took cabs from the hotel a lot - they are always at a set price, so you don't have to worry about getting ripped off. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear KellyC242

Hi there! Thank you very much for your candid review! I am very happy to read that you and your sister had a great time! I hope that you had time to enjoy shopping at Plaza Las Américas, this is one of the largest malls in the Caribbean. I hope that if travel brings you back to our beautiful Puerto Rico we have the pleasure of seeing you again at The Condado Plaza Hilton!

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us; all the best,

nyc
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed at the Condado Plaza Hilton last week and for the price it was a very nice hotel - rooms were clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. I got a 15 credit for breakfast because of a key mix up which made up for me lugging my bag back to reception from my room - pleasant surprise. There are restaurants all within the hotel and there is a Starbucks located right next door. My room had a view of the bay which was enjoyable and nice to look at There is no room service. Bus stop to other parts of the island are steps away. All in all a very nice stay.

Only two complaints - there was never any hot water in the morning for my shower and barely got hot in the evening for evening shower.

The beach was very disappointing it was more like a lagoon - not clean did not go to it I went down Ashford to the other hotel beaches since they are all public.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Puerto Rico
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I had a wonderful time...came to relax with my husband and son...there are 2 pool areas and direct access to the beach...that helped for the areas not to be crowded...very pretty surroundings...the rooms are big and comfy....my room was clean and modern, loved the colors and décor and the bathroom spacious, clean and modern....it's walking distance to a couple of restaurants, although on site they have too. The staff was nice...they salute every time. My experience was very good.

Room Tip: The rooms in the ocean tower are the best....great view of the ocean
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear MounsiM,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad to read that you were able to enjoy your stay with your husband and son! If travel brings you back to Puerto Rico please feel free to contact me at michelle.burn@hilton.com; at your service,

Franklin, Michigan
Reviewed 28 April 2014

1. Wifi only works in your room, not your bathroom, not your balcony and not the grounds. Literally only in your room.

2. The furniture in the lobby is pretty beat up and needs to be replaced.

3. Many broken and dirty lounge chairs at the pool.

4. The main pool needs cleaning. Debris at bottom. Filters must not be working properly.

5. Only 4 hammocks overlooking ocean when hotel has 10 floors in one tower alone.

6. Rum and coke at the swim up bar $10 bucks! Only did that once.

7. Pool crowded on weekend. Suspect many were locals who got passed "security" and wanted the guests to wear plastic hospital bracelets! How about better security!

8. Upon check in tried to give me a double room overlooking the city when I booked and prepared a king room with a balcony overlooking the ocean. Booked with my Amex platinum card so I stood there for 15 minutes before she was able to "find me one" then another 20 to get our room key cause check in wasn't till 4pm and it was 3:40pm!

9. Literally no beach and the one that was was public.

My actual room was okay, not as bad as the others stated, but I also had a oceanfront balcony room I paid 159/night for which was cheap in comparison for when I checked back occasionally when it shot up to $259/night which definitely isn't worth that price! Hotel has had some Botox and fillers but at this point needs a facelift. It looks old and tired and has issues which would require a several million dollar investment.

Room Tip: May want to look elsewhere or make sure your room is in the main tower ocean front room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Elyse B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your guest room. guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area. If you wish to discuss your review further please feel free to contact me via email at michelle.burn@hilton.com.

Best,

brooklyn, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2014

the first day at the hotel the room service walked in on me and my wife. it was akward since we were naked. my second day i almost lost my life in the pool. it was dark and there were no life guards by the pool. on the third night i try to find something on tv but there was nothing good to watch, the on demand service did not work and there were no HBO, showtimes, cinemax, or starz.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Moises B
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Not even close to a 4 star hotel. Staff terrible, upon arrival had to walk in 90 degrees for 3hrs because our room was not ready. 4pm we get back, still no room; after complaining, the manager placed us in a one king room which we gladly accepted to finally get out of the heat.(we were 2 adults and an 8yr old)
Rooms large but lack cleaness....mold around the shower and window seals. Have to be out by 1-2 pm for house keeping, "do not disturb" means nothing; if they don't knock the call on the phone. Pool dirty ( they trow chemicals while everyone's in there), pool grounds uneven and cracked. The beach is small, loud and public(not sure but I think there is a vendor on the beach that's playing that loud music). Ended up paying some miscellaneous charge $250 for allegedly smoking in the room. Called manager, which hangs up on me after a 40 min hold. Called back and same manager p\u asking me if there was anything else she can do for me since she can not locate that report and I have to call another day.(carol I think she said). All this was on my birthday too.....not that it matters lol but it ruined it. They bring shame to the Hilton name. Avoid at all cost. I'm sure you get better service for less. We got sucked in because of beach front but trust me it is not worth it.
I feel disgusted just writing this so I will stop now.
Forgot: no room service available

1 Thank sasu18
Dear Sasu18,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance to us, and I will be following up with the appropriate Departments to investigate and resolve this issue. If you wish to discuss your review in detail please feel free to contact me at michelle.burn@hilton.com as I am always actively listening to all of our guests stay.

Thank you very much for the opportunity to be of service; kind regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Juan
#7 of 13 in Isla Verde
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort

Been to The Condado Plaza Hilton? Share your experiences!