“Terrific visit”

Ranked #23 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Stafford, Virginia
“Terrific visit”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I just returned from a five night stay the The Condado Plaza Hilton. We had a great experience. I was a little hesitant after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, so was relieved to find a great ocean front room, an exceptional hotel staff--especially the concierge(s),bar staff, and housekeeping. Our room was roomy, and clean. Always plenty of fresh towels and as long as you put out the 'please make up our room' sign, it was made up before we returned from our outings. Definitely worth paying more for the ocean view! The inside bartenders were very friendly and outgoing. Both the pools at our building were nice. Easy to find lounge chairs. The pool bar staff were a bit taxed. They were busy and not able to be as attentive as I would have liked. The noodle bar's sushi was good for a quick bite, we ate at the other restaurant for breakfast one morning--was pricey and not worth the money. We ate poolside for lunch one day-we had a grilled chicken salad--it was good. The last night we ate at Pikayo and it was fantastic. It's a must in San Juan--especially if staying at the Condado Plaza. We used the concierge to plan trips to the rainforest and snorkeling. She was very kind and helpful. If we choose to stay in Condado again, I would not hesitate about picking the Condado Plaza.

Room Tip: Definitely go for the ocean view!
1 Thank Kelly N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,067)
Valdosta, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Condado Plaza. Upon arrival we were checked in right away and given our room even though it was before check-in time. The room was nice and we had a decent view. The staff was very friendly and helpful anytime we had questions. There was always someone in the front lobby to get you a cab whenever you needed to go anywhere. The concierge was helpful in booking excursions also. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The location is great and walking distance from many restaurants and bars. You just need a taxi to get to Old San Juan pretty much.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Hatel P
MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Hatel P,

Hi there; thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay! Should travel bring you back to our beloved island please feel free to contact me at michelle.burn@hilton; looking forward to welcoming you once more at our Condado Plaza Hilton!

All the best,

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Bill and I had a four great nights here. Our superior king room with ocean view was just beautiful. I loved the modern update colours they used. In fact every thing was update. Plenty of towels supplied Great bathroom. Bed very comfortable. Plenty of room. Staff very helpful. We sat on the balcony in the evening enjoying our wine while taking in the amazing view. There is a secluded safe warm beach near the pool/bar area where we collapsed after our day of discovering. While .we found the food very good we did trip a few times over to Dennys by way of sky ramp.
The taxi cost 21.00 from airport
We shopped at the Plaza Las Americas which had all the right brands. Taxi one way 15.00.
We also indulged in a helicopter coastal tour with Vertical Solutions for 45minutes which was surposed to be 25 minutes for two people on our own for 690.00. I can not tell you enough how much that was worth it.
The Bacardi factory tour was also worth going to. We went one way by taxi 42.00 but coming home we shared a taxi with two others to the ferry for 3.00 and .50 each for ferry ride to old san Juan town.

Room Tip: Ocean front room worth the extra money
Dear Lindy38,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am very glad to read that you had a great stay, and wow, let me tell you that the tour of the Helicopter Ride must have been absolutely breathtaking! Thanks so much for sharing your experience; we greatly appreciate the opportunity you provided us to be of service. Should travel bring you back to our lovely Puerto Rico, we hope that you choose to stay with us again. Always at your service,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I recently spent 4 days at this hotel and it was great. The staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. The location is great (Ashford Avenue) and a quick cab ride to Old San Juan. They also offer travel to many of the area's excursions. The pool and lounge areas are great. Due to the location on the ocean, the beach area is very small FYI. only complaint would be the extra fees for everything on the resort, (kayaking, snorkeling, tennis, even the internet in the business center was an extra fee). I would stay here again if I make it back to Puerto Rico.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Janine W
MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Janine E,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review! I am glad to know that you found our hotel a great place, with great staff, and that your trip was amazing. Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and allowing us with the opportunity to be of service. Should travel bring you back to our lovely island please feel free to contact me as I will be more than happy to assist; my email is michelle.burn@hilton.com.

All the best,

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My husband and I traveled to Puerto Rico to get away from the harsh winter we have had in New England. We loved this hotel. Everyone was very nice and helpful. We asked for directions and the best way into Old San Juan and hotel workers explained you can go by cab (which is expensive but quicker) or take the shuttle/bus depending on the time in the day. We never went down to the beach but it is small and in a lagoon allowing people to snorkel. We did walk around the hotel and found an amazing view. We upgraded to the ocean view room as everyone suggested and it was well worth it. There was a mix up for us though. We upgraded and the girl put us into a room that was already booked for the next day. As a courtesy, they moved us into another ocean view room and waived the upgrade fee for us. Thank you for taking care of us. The hotel is close to several restaurants,if you don't want to eat at the hotel, and all restaurants are in walking distance. It is also close to a nicer beach, Condado beach. We booked a car at the enterprise at the hotel and also got our morning coffee from the Starbucks downstairs. In summary, upgrade to an ocean view room, you won't regret it!

1 Thank Hong T
MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Hong T,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your candid feedback. I am very joyful to read that you were able to escape the harsh winter and enjoy a relaxing time at our beloved Condado Plaza. Thank you again for your review, but most importantly, for the opportunity you provided us to be of service. Should travel bring you back to our sunny Puerto Rico, please feel free to contact me at michelle.burn@hilton.com

Always at your service,

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Great value in San Juan... The saltwater pool is perfect as is the prime location next to the ocean as well as the lagoon. Old San Juan is minutes away by cab and you can walk to area restaurants in the Condado. Highly recommend! Also don't miss out on Eight Noodle Bar within the hotel for some tasty Chinese!

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Kelly M
Dear Kelly M,

Thank you for your review! I am happy to read that you were never disappointed during your stay; I do sincerely hope that if travel brings you back to Puerto Rico we have the pleasure of welcoming you once more at The Condado Plaza Hilton. Thank you very much for the opportunity you’ve provided is to be of service. Best regards,

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This place was really bad. The Hilton name is on the wall but apparently Hilton will sell the franchise name to property owner who will pay for it. I don't know where to start, maybe with the 15% "resort fee" which covered nothing that I'm aware of. For example, they said it would cover recreation such as kayaks and paddle boards, but it didn't. Paddle boards were an extra $40 or more per hour. [If you figure out what it covered please write to me.] The beach was crowded. It was only about 30 yards long so that is understandable. It was impossible to get a beach chair let alone an umbrella. Food was bad and extremely overpriced. As a frequent traveler I expect high prices but this was a new low, I mean high. The best thing about this resort was the nearby Hertz rental car agency, the staff was great and it was easy to leave and go see beautiful Puerto Rico. -Mark

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank strandediniowa
Dear strandediniowa,

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am really disappointed to read that your stay did not meet your expectations. In regards to the resort fee, it includes the use of free Wi-Fi in all guest rooms and public areas (except function rooms), the 24 hour fitness center, tennis courts, unlimited 800 phones calls, 24 hour casino, in room coffee and tea, and a $25 casino match bet coupon. Our resort fee does not include any recreation sports like Paddle Boarding. We do offer in our Activities Calendar a free demo, not free rentals; I am terribly sorry if this miscommunication caused you an inconvenience.

I would greatly appreciate receiving feedback regarding your experience with our restaurant outlets. If you wish to discuss your review further you may contact me via email at michelle.burn@hilton.com. I want to sincerely thank you for choosing to stay with us and for the opportunity you provided to be of service. I look forward to discussing your review further, as we are always actively listening to all of our guests’ feedback.

Kind regards,
#7 of 13 in Isla Verde
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort

Been to The Condado Plaza Hilton? Share your experiences!