“Good Times in PR - Condado Hilton”

The Condado Plaza Hilton
Ranked #24 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Jacksonville, United States
“Good Times in PR - Condado Hilton”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel came highly recommended. Other reviews said the staff was rude but we found them to be nice and very pleasant. The only complaints would be related to the WiFi connectivity and lack of correct billing at check-out. I am a Hilton Honors member and felt that they could have done better to recognize that. Nonetheless, we will be back and recommend this hotel because of its great location and amenities available. The room was cozy and we barely knew there were other guests on the same floor.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Demetria S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,040)
Reviewed 2 June 2014

the hotel was nice but in need of some TLC. we went to renew our wedding vows and our clothes that four of us were to wear were sent down to be pressed and the day of the ceremony our clothes and not shown up. they eventually found them in another room. the hotel was great in making it up to us and gave us a beautiful place to renew our vows. i couldn't ask for anything better. my father was told twice he would not be charged for the dry cleaning but once we got back home he had been charged anyway. watch the bartenders at the pool. paid cash for drinks and then they billed it to our room anyway. The staff were quick to remove the charge. If the dry cleaning and charge mishaps didn't happen everything would have been great. We did enjoy ourselves immensely and would probably stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nwarners66
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I thought the hotel decor was very cool....kind of retro/mod. The pool and hot tub were great and the small private beach was nice. The casino was a lot of fun, and we really enjoyed the restaurants on the 2nd floor.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank M P
Seattle
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Actually, I would give this hotel 3.5 if I could. My first impression of the room was not great. The style is what I call "Latin Contemporary" which is not my favorite, especially the red accent wall. I don't think red is a very relaxing color but the room was spacious and the bathroom, although a bit of an odd configuration with the glass shower in the middle, was plenty big for two people. There's a big sliding door and a small patio. Overall, very comfortable and I warmed up to the decor during my stay.

The service was a bit odd to me. I'm thinking it's a cultural thing? First, the housekeeping was good but who knows when they will come. Several days I just gave up, as it was after 5pm and they still had not come to clean the room. When they did come, they did a good job. The service at the pool was also a bit weird. At first I thought they were not interested in serving me, then I realized that they did not appear to approach anyone to see if they wanted a drink or food. Once I figured out that you had to wave them down to get anything, I was less frustrated and they cheerfully brought me whatever I asked for. Overall, I found the staff very friendly and helpful.

The pool area is nice and I especially liked the salt water pool. There is a safe lagoon to swim in but watch out for sea urchins on the rocks. Pikayo restaurant was very good but spendy. The breakfast in the mornings was good and staff were lovely.

The area around the hotel has several restaurants and bars within walking distance and Starbucks is next door. There are also some high end shops just a short walk away. The area in general looks like it was hit hard by the recession but seemed a reasonably safe neighborhood and a pretty relaxing spot to unwind after a day of stomping around Old San Juan.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SuzyQ62
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is a beautiful hotel and location, but the service was terrible and not nearly up to Hilton standards. I stayed at this hotel many years ago before it was a Hilton and the experience was actually better back then ... I would recommend the Caribe Hilton for any Hilton fans, this hotel has been neglected

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rich B
MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Rich B,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. I will address your comments with our management staff and hope that next time you’re in the area; you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. If you wish to discuss your review further please feel free to contact at michelle.burn@hilton.com. Thank you for staying with us and I am at your service should you need anything.

Michelle

Travellers are raving about these San Juan hotels

Dallas, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The hotel is really beautiful and has great views of the reef and two great pools. But the service here was horrible. No one went out of their way to be friendly like at other Hiltons and waiter at the pool ignored me. When my order finally came it was wrong, so he brought me the check. He missed out on a great opportunity to upsell or make a tip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hotel rooms can use an update and the area between the towers immediately next to the hotel needs some city maintenance but overall the hotel was OK. The lagoon side pool was nice and quiet if you want to get away from the crowds. The Pikayo restaurant worth all the buzz, Top Chef worthy, and one of the best meals I have had. I chose to order a bunch of apps - creative and delicious. My martini was healthy and perfect.

The lagoon side tower elevator bank always had one elevator not working at all or it would take you to floors you did not want to go to (up or down) before making it to your floor. That needs to be worked on, as a full hotel with one working elevator is not cool and can spoil plans waiting long periods of time.

Room Tip: Lagoon side tower for a quieter stay. Nice view of the lagoon from that side.