“Amazing Hotel with a View”

The Condado Plaza Hilton
Ranked #24 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Houston, Texas
“Amazing Hotel with a View”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Wonderful hotel. Nice & helpful staff. They have restaurants, casino, bars, banquet rooms, etc. They have a small public beach access. Our room was upgraded so we were at the 10th floor. The room was contemporary comfy & clean, except for some "spots" on their sofa/chaise. The bathroom was nice & clean. They have a large patio on the side of the hotel where you can sit and relax with friends or walk along the grounds where you can lay in one of their comfy hammocks. There are also some restaurants & the beach within walking distance from the hotel. Watch out for traffic & pedestrians as you drive out too. Hubby & I truly enjoyed our alone time. Maybe next time we'll take the kids. I'm sure they would love it too.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,039)
Manhattan, NY, USA
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed in an oceanview room with a balcony for four nights.

Overall, this was a really great hotel stay. There is definitely some confusion around which Hilton is which if you read the reviews, and it is not the "Condado Lagoon condos at Caribe Hilton" ... so be careful which you choose.

This hotel is lovely -- it's right on the tip of the peninsula in Condado with a rocky beach and several pretty pools/water features. In addition, the grounds are very nice and well-maintained. The location was great -- very close to nightlife, restaurants and everything else.

The room was really nice -- very large beds and bathroom with great amenities. Everything worked well and there was a great balcony with amazing views. I would DEFINITELY stay in an ocean-view room as the alternative looks out into a pretty dreary city-scape.

The gym was well-appointed, and the pools were beautiful. Some people seemed a little annoyed that this wasn't a Cancun-style all-inclusive getaway place. You need to pay for drinks and food (not super cheap, but fair), and you probably will need to walk outside the hotel grounds to have some fun or try restaurants. But the pools and lounging areas are beautiful and plentiful. I'd suggest renting a car.

Overall, this was a great stay. I was impressed by the hotel and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Oceanview room is a must.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MichaelMfromNYC
Annandale, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2014

For a resort like atmosphere, there is lots of value here. Few children, which is a plus, and the rooms were priced well, and look relatively great. We had a great Room Service attendant, however, I room wasn't cleaned at the same time, which made things a "tad" stressful for our stay. Not the attendants fault, however. We were on the highest floor, and our room was among the last on our floor.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel came highly recommended. Other reviews said the staff was rude but we found them to be nice and very pleasant. The only complaints would be related to the WiFi connectivity and lack of correct billing at check-out. I am a Hilton Honors member and felt that they could have done better to recognize that. Nonetheless, we will be back and recommend this hotel because of its great location and amenities available. The room was cozy and we barely knew there were other guests on the same floor.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Demetria S
Reviewed 2 June 2014

the hotel was nice but in need of some TLC. we went to renew our wedding vows and our clothes that four of us were to wear were sent down to be pressed and the day of the ceremony our clothes and not shown up. they eventually found them in another room. the hotel was great in making it up to us and gave us a beautiful place to renew our vows. i couldn't ask for anything better. my father was told twice he would not be charged for the dry cleaning but once we got back home he had been charged anyway. watch the bartenders at the pool. paid cash for drinks and then they billed it to our room anyway. The staff were quick to remove the charge. If the dry cleaning and charge mishaps didn't happen everything would have been great. We did enjoy ourselves immensely and would probably stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nwarners66
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I thought the hotel decor was very cool....kind of retro/mod. The pool and hot tub were great and the small private beach was nice. The casino was a lot of fun, and we really enjoyed the restaurants on the 2nd floor.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank M P
Seattle
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Actually, I would give this hotel 3.5 if I could. My first impression of the room was not great. The style is what I call "Latin Contemporary" which is not my favorite, especially the red accent wall. I don't think red is a very relaxing color but the room was spacious and the bathroom, although a bit of an odd configuration with the glass shower in the middle, was plenty big for two people. There's a big sliding door and a small patio. Overall, very comfortable and I warmed up to the decor during my stay.

The service was a bit odd to me. I'm thinking it's a cultural thing? First, the housekeeping was good but who knows when they will come. Several days I just gave up, as it was after 5pm and they still had not come to clean the room. When they did come, they did a good job. The service at the pool was also a bit weird. At first I thought they were not interested in serving me, then I realized that they did not appear to approach anyone to see if they wanted a drink or food. Once I figured out that you had to wave them down to get anything, I was less frustrated and they cheerfully brought me whatever I asked for. Overall, I found the staff very friendly and helpful.

The pool area is nice and I especially liked the salt water pool. There is a safe lagoon to swim in but watch out for sea urchins on the rocks. Pikayo restaurant was very good but spendy. The breakfast in the mornings was good and staff were lovely.

The area around the hotel has several restaurants and bars within walking distance and Starbucks is next door. There are also some high end shops just a short walk away. The area in general looks like it was hit hard by the recession but seemed a reasonably safe neighborhood and a pretty relaxing spot to unwind after a day of stomping around Old San Juan.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
#6 of 13 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,141 reviews
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort

Been to The Condado Plaza Hilton? Share your experiences!