“Love the pools, friendly staff, comfortable room”

The Condado Plaza Hilton
Ranked #24 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
San Francisco
“Love the pools, friendly staff, comfortable room”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Conado Plaza & my stay was great. Reading other reviews, I am baffled by people's negativity. I myself had a very lovely experience. Checkin did take a bit long, but they had a ton of people working. Elevator was being repaired my first day & that was not fun. My room was great, I was in the "city facing building" with a great view from the 9th floor. Bed was comfortable. Love the pools & the fact they are open 24 hrs is AMAZING! I drank at the bar in the lobby a few times & the girl bartenders were great. They gave me recommendations on different places to eat & go out. I ate in the Caribe restaurant for dinner one night & my meal was fantastic! Also, all the people at the hotel were so friendly to me. I was in San Juan for a wedding so did not spend a ton of time in the hotel, but my time there was great & I would totally go back. Tons of places to eat right by the hotel & the little shop in hotel was very convenient. All in all a great hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JoJoDro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,056)
boston
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

1st the hotel view is amazing just like pictures and the hotel itself has everything you need ! the room was beautiful and the bathrooms was the best part !! the pools were great , the beach was small and disappointing.. the fridge was awkwardly placed in the bathroom ? and there was NO microwave anywhere to be found ! the service was horrible everyone had a different answer to the same question , making life difficult .. the hours of pool and restaurants were all wrong in the manual sometime we were too late or too early to eat . first night i was on the phone with customer care for hours because i booked with breakfast and the hotel staff said it wasnt included , but eventually (after about 4 hours) i was credited for breakfast . Everything at this hotel is SLOW , from the people to the service even the elevators .. wasted alot of time just waiting ! last but not least the fees are ridiculous i was there for about 5 days .. and each day i was charged a resort fee , a resort tax and a tax on the resort tax ? doesnt make any sense to me at all .. its about $105 each day on top of the room rate .. i was there for 5 days so it added up ! Puerto Rico itself is wonderful .. go out to old san juan about $15 cab ride its beautiful and the locals are extremely nice .. i was so over the hotel when it was time to go , i wish i stayed at the la concha or caribe it wasnt worth all the money spent !

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 3507906
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at this hilton last may and the hotel it is very nice, very contemporary decorated. when checked in - they had one person taken care the guests and it took a little longer than expected. However, the room was very nice appointed, while it was a little noise due to many graduations happening during that weekend we stayed. The hotel area had nice pools and it was next to a small public beach, but close enough to the other beach ( walking distance ) and shops all over. they really had everything on site. Starbucks, Denny's, Japanese, casual dining, Casino, music lounge, bar lounges etc.. in deed is a nice place. try to request for higher floors.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fervijeeo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Hi,
Just returned from my 4 day/3 night stay at the Condado Plaza Hilton ("CPH") Had a great time. I've been to Puerto Rico 3x's in the last year. Love it. The last two times I stayed at a beachfront resort in Rio Grande- my stay in Condado was a nice change. It took us about 15 minutes to drive there from the SJU Airport in quasi-heavy traffic.

Firstly, we stayed in a City View king bed guest room. The accommodations couldn't be better: we had a lovely balcony with views of Condado Beach (lagoon) and the city skyline (could see the Caribe Hilton from our room). CPH is on Ashburton Ave., located in one of the trendiest areas in town.

You have a couple of nice bars right in the the hotel, along with several restaurants (Cafe Caribe, Pikayo, Aqua Bar &Grill, and Denny's to name a few) on the premises. There's a casino too. I only ate at the Aqua Bar & Grill. Prices were typical for a hotel restaurant.

Once out of the CPH, you'll have many dining options at your doorstep ranging from upscale places (ie: Perurican, Budatai, Ropa Vieja, and Yantar) to more low-key places (ie: Latin Star, Mike's Pizza,Chilli's, and Burger King).

The nightlife is also amazing (if that's your thing). You'll have a plethora bars and pubs to choose from.

The airport, Old San Juan, Isla Verde, Ocean Park and the San Juan Convention Center are all 10-25 minutes away so it's fairly simple to get around.

The hotel is simply fantastic. If you're looking for a place near it all at a great value,consider the Condado Hilton Plaza. It definitely rivals it's pricier neighbors located on the same street.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed here for two nights after a week visiting family in PR. This was just the right place to be to unwind after a week of much running around. This hotel is PERFECT!! So it has two buildings across from each other. The main building has an awesome lobby with a great bar to unwind, it has a back deck with chairs and sofas to just sit relax and watch the ocean. Go down one level and there are grounds with lounge chairs and hammocks to relax, take in the sun or just watch the surf. Just beyond that are the two huge pools and a public beach open to hotel guests. Want a quiet relaxing no nonsense pool, then go to the other building where a smaller pool with hardly anyone there awaits you. Restaurants for all budgets including a Denny's. Car rental and concierge services on site too. Oh, did I mention Excellent Customer Service...everyone with a smile and a good morning or hello...totally exceptional. Higher floors with an ocean view are just Selfie worthy...my room on the 8th floor was spotless, huge king size bed with the Hilton signature, the bathroom was awesome, huge and a glass shower...I had an exceptional stay at The Condado Plaza Hilton and my only complaint was that I wished I could have stayed longer. It is evident in every inch of this hotel that the management and staff cares about their guests!! Michelle Burns, the Guest Relations Manager is TOPS and she does read all these reviews and cares about the guest experience. If in San Juan, why stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: If available as for an ocean view room....
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rafael A
Wells, Maine
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband & I actually got married on their private beach, It was something we will never forget. We stayed & ate at all the restaurants here for 6 days & 7 nights! Our honeymoon was out of this world thanks to the amazing staff & beautiful location. They are also conveniently located to many attractions and shopping within walking distance which my husband & I truly enjoyed, soaking up the culture was the best part of it all. The staff went out of their way to accommodate & fulfill our every need. We truly enjoyed the many pool options too & my husband was a big kid again when he discovered the water slide which was also located near the swim up bar so we were very happy & spent a lot of time outdoors. This is a place that we will brag & talk about for many years to come. Our room was so cozy, on the corner, 7'th floor with a private balcony. For two honeymooners, we couldn't have asked for more. It was also nice that on the night of our wedding a specific staff member went out of her way to decorate our room in rose petals, balloons, chocolates & a personalized card. Memories like you would dream about & our view from our balcony was something out of the movies. We stayed on the ocean side & since we had a corner room we had view of the pools below & part of Old San Juan! Simply Incredible!!!!!!

Room Tip: The 7'th floor corner room by the ocean is simply out of this world. Views for days. Also this r...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CrystalD627
Wash DC
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Front desk staff to cleaning service are all exceptionally friendly and helpful. I normally go to Puerto Rico for business and stay at the hotel. I also pay the extra out of my own pocket for the upgrade to the beach front tower rooms. The view is fantastic. The hotel is a short walk from shops and restaurants in the Condado area. Also, it is a short drive or cab ride to Old San Juan. The nightly rates at this hotel are reasonable. The casino is clean and well run. There are options for restaurants in house, and a decent bar near the entrance. Reasonable rates for parking and valet depending on your preferences. The concierge is very helpful with planning sightseeing or snorkeling. I even won a few bucks during my trip earlier this week.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the ocean side building, rather than the south side tower.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
#7 of 13 in Isla Verde
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort
Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to The Condado Plaza Hilton? Share your experiences!