“Expecting better”

The Condado Plaza Hilton
Ranked #24 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 21 June 2014

As far as a hilton ,I was surprised to see that there were a lot of locals roaming the hall ways and in the pool area. You had to have a wrist band to be in pool area but most of the young adults didnt. I guess if your ready to party all day and party in the rooms all night this hotel is great. Our phone in the room didnt work ( I reported it the day I arrive, didn't was fixed) so I couldn't call to complain. I will say most were friendly but like everywhere in San Juan I found, don't be in a hurry. Please becarefull at the small beach on site, was offered to buy drugs two times. Overall, thought San Juan would be better.

Room Tip: Ocean view only way to go!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Upgrade to the ocean view room- sooooooo worth it! The hotel was nice and we could walk to a lot of restaurants etc. in the area. We took a cab to Old San Juan for the day which was $15 each way. We did not keep our rental car when we stayed at this hotel and we were glad we didnt- any restaurant/ bar in the area is much easier to walk to or grab a cab There isn't a great beach area here but I am not sure that any of the hotels in the area have good beach areas. We stayed in Fajardo prior to San Juan and I will say that we preferred to stay out there- there is not a lot of night life out there but the beaches etc are so much better and the bio bay, rain forest, etc are all out there.

Room Tip: spend the extra money on the ocean view- we received an email after booking that we could upgrade fo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank McKenzieReviews
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have never encountered such a helpful and friendly staff. Everyone always had a smile on their face. The pool and bar service poolside was AMAZING. My room was clean and quite though I did hear others in my group complain of noise late at night. It was close to Old San Juan as well as other beaches. The rental car place onsite was a nice service as well. The food on the resort was nothing to write home about but the restaurants in the Condado area were very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Rebecca C
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I believe the Condado Plaza Hilton is a great stay. Great location, great ammenities, and great staff in the hotel. I stayed there on a business trip and brought my wife with me. My wife really enjoyed what the hotel had to offer her especially when I was working during the day. I would stay there again if I had the choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Benjamin F
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Loved the pool and the beach just outside the resort. Great walk around the lagoon and along the street for shopping and food. Easy bus ride to Old San Juan. Rooms were nicely decorated. Had a super nice young man, Jeffrey, at the pool who was attentive and friendly. And Karina in the cafe' was fabulous. Just super nice stay waiting for our cruise. We would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main tower with an ocean balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Melanie M
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Condado the end of May/beginning of June. The area was great as we were nearby great places to eat (walking distance) and right on the water and very close to Old San Juan. The taxis were readily available at the hotel as well. Also the LGBT Pride parade was right on our street which was awesome! The hotel was clean and looked wonderful. We tried out the pool while were there and it was busy but great and the staff were very attentive. The drinks did not skimp on alcohol either! The sunset view was the best part right on the bay. There was also a glass tunnel walkover that is a memorial for a tight rope walker. It was great because you walked over the main street crossing through the hotel. We couldn't have asked for a better location to be in. The rooms were clean, pretty, and had great views. The restaurants were wonderful and not a drop of food was bad! the staff were great and allowed us to check out late since we had late flights out without a fuss.
The only issue that came up was with the sound. The walls and floors seem to be extremely thin! You could literally hear the people in the room above us tip toe across the room! Our first night there it seemed to be prom night and all the kids and their families were there. Well because the walls were so thin it literally sounded like they were in our room all night talking and having a good time! I was completely in the conversations on both sides of us! Luckily the rest of the weekend there were not major events in the actual hotel so we could sleep. So if you are a light sleeper be prepared to hear everything in all the rooms around you.
Overall I would return to Condado but the thin walls may deter me.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GypsySayra
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel was fabulous. My certified travel agent, Steve @ Beach Bum vacations did not let me down. He always selects the best hotels for my vacations. The front desk associates were attentive, friendly and definitely aware of the meaning of excellent customer service. The hotel is situated in a great location with a Denny's right across the street and Starbucks just outside! Not far from Old San Juan which made it very easy to go sightseeing. My ocean view room was awesome. Every morning when I got up and every night before going to bed, I sat on the balcony and listened to the crashing of the waves. Just terrific! There is also a casino in the hotel - not a big gambler but enjoyed playing the slot machine. The beach was great and the pool was very nice as well. I would stay at this hotel again. Nice restaurants with one that served traditional Puerto Rican dishes. Yum Yum! Thanks to Steve, my agent, for a great vacation experience. It was much needed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo