“Comfortable Stay”

The Condado Plaza Hilton
Ranked #24 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel was nice needs some paint here and there but the price is good for the stay. However the taxes and resort fees can change your mind. All in all it was comfy nice amenities and close to everything.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We've stayed here for about 5 days now and it's been great. During the 4th of July we stayed at the hotel's pool and it was alot of fun, great music and a safe, festive ambiance. The hotel, is very comfortable. We were at the Laguna wing and we rested really well. The bed was comfy and it was quiet, no complaints at all. The room was great but wish the bathroom was bigger. They have the typical coffee maker in the room plus the delicious puertorican café Yaucono. They also have a handy microwave, a useful Lil fridge and a blower. The blond lady taking care of floor 7, is a sweetheart and she took really good care of us. About the hotel's location, it can hardly be beaten. For essentials there is a Lil grocery store like 2 blocks south on the avenue. The store is very well stocked with groceries and liquors. Further down you have Walgreens so all needs are covered. If you get the munchies in the mid of the night you can always go to Dennys which is right there in the hotel's lobby. You can even charge it to the room for extra convenience. Oh! BTW, we came in 3 hours earlier than check in time and our room was ready and thoroughly clean. All the hotel is impeccably clean and smelling good. I love the lovely outside lounge area. It's great to sip some wine and relax. We are definitely coming back soon and I can't wait!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank RaineLaza
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The hotel lobby and pool areas are the best features of the hotel. There are a lot of things that they can improve upon--like the mold and smell from the one side of the hotel to the other (in the tunnel), need to have working elevators in the Lagoon tower (one was out for 4 days of our stay), the rooms are very, very small. The bathroom can only fit ONE person at a time. I am not joking. Only one person!!!

There were other annoyances but not worth writing about. Simply, this is an average hotel. If you don't care about services like working elevators, smelly moldy rooms, dated decor...then pick this hotel.

It's not terrible....just very average and a place to just rest your head between the pool and excursions.

Room Tip: See the room before you go into it. If you need space or traveling with a lot of stuff, you will be...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Liz L
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I travel ~70% of the time for work and so have stayed in hundreds of hotels. I have yet to stay in a room where you can not hear the doors shut in the hallway. That being said, this is the LOUDEST hotel I have ever stayed in. I can hear every word spoken in the hall and on the rooms to each side.  Doors were slamming until 2am and began again at 7am. Kids are running up and down the hall screaming. We had to call the front desk at 1:30am due to someone pounding on the door and runing away repeatedly. If you are looking for a restful or peaceful getaway, this is not the place for you.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The hotel is in a great location. The lobby was very clean and the staff was very willing to help. However, my room was not ready at the hotel check in time. The front desk staff made several calls to put me into another room almost an hour past the check in time of 4:00 pm. For my inconvenience I was upgraded to a $15 breakfast voucher for one day. As a Diamond member I already received $7 off breakfast so to the hotel the issue was only worth $8. Once I got to my room the room was not clean to the standard I expect from a Hilton. I found dirty swimming trunks from a pervious guest laying on the balcony. One of the remote controls did not work. The wireless internet only worked near the desk so there was no relaxing in bed to red or catch up on work. The AC stopped working but the staff was quick to respond and get the issue resolved. I emailed the management to voice my concerns and have not received a reply still. I would like to think that these issues were isolated and I might consider staying again just to test the theory. However, there is a much nicer Hilton only a mile away that I stayed at the second part of my trip that is hands down a much better hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Willie C
EdgardoL, Front Office Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Willie C;

I am sorry you had to wait for your room when you arrived, and I apologize for the sporadic Internet service. Most certainly these are isolated instances which should not keep you from staying with us again. I would like to thank you for your review and please do contact me directly at Edgardo.dejesus@hilton.com the next time you visit San Juan to personally assist you with your reservation. Thank you for staying with us; we look forward to your next visit. Sincerely,

Edgardo De Jesus,
Director of Front Office Operations

Reviewed 1 July 2014

the hotel is very well taken care of. the services and employees were extremely nice and helpful!! The staff gave me good information about where things were and how to get there. I needed to send a few faxes and they did so promptly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and daughter and I stayed at this wonderful hotel prior to a cruise. just a short walk to the beach and all the amenities. My room was very comfortable and enjoyed the staff. We were well welcomed and we all were treated to a delicious drink. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#7 of 13 in Isla Verde

Been to The Condado Plaza Hilton? Share your experiences!