“Family resort”

The Condado Plaza Hilton
Ranked #22 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 19 July 2014

As I am still laying down in their room I am still waiting on some qtips and bandages I asked for 1 hr ago. When I checked in Kendra was very nasty, had an attitude when she was asked questions and did not give us information on the hotel and it's amenities. The only two great things about this stay is the 24 hour pool access and the cleanliness of the room. Guest service/front desk is extremely slow at meeting my needs and it usually have to call 2-3 to get an answer.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Jarcos04
Write a ReviewReviews (4,936)

Reviewed 18 July 2014

AT check in asked for a ocean view room was told there was none available. Looked online and there was room with ocean view available. The room smelled as of mold accumulation. Air was off, turned it on helped some but not enough. There was ager stain and bubbles on the lower part of the walls. The bed was very uncomfortable. Could not stand it and check out after the 1st night. Would had check out the same night but was late and I was too tired. Called to get help with luggage like 6 times 1st time no answer, 2nd times was told to call back. Then no one answer. The person at check out did not ask why I was checkin out early and I could tell he could care less. I said I had issues with the room and he did not ask a single question about what kind of issues I had. He actually did not said a word to me after he ask me if I was checking out. Will never stay there or recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
4  Thank Maria M
EdgardoL, Front Office Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Maria M

I am so sorry you found your room with a bad Oder and that one of our staff members did not properly acknowledge you, this is truly unacceptable. I can assure you that these are not the standards in our hotel. We work hard to make sure our housekeepers keep each and every guest room and bathroom clean; my apologies for this particular case. I hope that next time you visit Puerto Rico you consider staying at the Condado Plaza Hilton and give us the opportunity to better serve you; we’d love to have you as our guest. You can contact me for any reservation arrangements at Edgardo.dejesus@hilton.com.
Edgardo De Jesus

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Omg where do I start, lovely hotel, bar, pool restaurant is awful, room nice, pool v.nice and pikayo amazing, but...never have I been anywhere the staff expect an argument when we were right as customers!! We had used out points to book the hotel and so it meant we were exempt the resort fee, every day we had to show them the email showing that we don't have to pay it but they disagreed and we had to argue for an hour every day-at one point the manager deleted the comment staying we had resort fee included, it was on he computer screen which we all had seen and I had kept the email thankfully!! We got it taken off in the end, well I think we did, the bill was sooooo complicated. Also thy cancelled a trip one day and we had to argue a refund, thy said a murphy had been given his refund and they thought as it sounded similar to our surname it must have been us-I think we know our own name. Also we need a bottle opener one night and the barman tried to charge my husband $10 for the pleasure of using it. We had our last night in the hilton across the road in San Juan, it was so much more friendly and helpful and they were not trying to take your money constantly!!! It stresses me out just thinking about the hours of my life wasted talking to the staff here-literally stupid!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank Jenniemacleay
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Like they say, you pay for what you get for. I did need this room since I had a late arrival and wanted to stay somewhere close to the airport. Thus, didin't want to pay much.
Staff was great but the room? Not so much. Bathroom was not properly clean. TV is very small and there was no channel directory. Rooms do not have carpet and the floor could have felt cleaner.
The hotel has good facilities and i guess that it was just a matter of luck and also the fact that the room was booked thru Expedia, therefore the level/type of room is not the best.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2014

There are four pools. There are five restaurants. There is a Starbucks. There is a Denny's. The beds are extraordinarily comfortable, and so are the rooms. The staff attentive and welcoming, and the resort shop has everything you could possibly want while on vacation.

The hotel was jammed, but always felt comfortable. Clean and well maintained, with quiet areas (including some with hammocks) in which to relax.

Altogether a lovely place to stay, easy to get to and easy to get to other places.

We would recommend it without reservation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wprensky
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel it is beautiful and our room was very nice. We got the Junior Suite With over-sized work station and King bed.
The had a good time at the casino in the hotel. Great drinks at the bars (pricey thought).
The hallway on the top floor had a horrible smell like raw sewage the entire stay.
The beach is really small.

Room Tip: Get a room with ocean view, ours had partial ocean/lagoon view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Flor B
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Average hotel. Food was average, except Pikayo. Music played by the poolside endlessly which was nice however "private beach" was a small area and was over crowded at all times. Good for those whole like to have a casino in their hotel. Overall, not impressive or high end.

Stayed: July 2014