“Quick Review”

Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Chicago, Illinois
“Quick Review”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at the Condado Plaza a few months ago for a business trip. Unfortunately, because it was for work, I was only about to stay at this beautiful resort for 3 days. After arriving to San Juan, this was about a 20 minute cab ride, so not so bad. I was impressed by the decor of the hotel, as well as the friendliness of the staff. Check in was quick and easy, which is always a plus when you have been travelling for the last 6 hours. The room was nice and clean. No real bells and whistles, but it I would say that it was nice. Again, everyone was nice and helpful, and the hotel was in a pretty nice location. I just wish it would have been a leisure trip, and I could have experienced more. I'll try this again on a future trip.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,047)
Boston
Reviewed 4 August 2014

In may we went with another couple to the Condado plaza hilton and although reviews didn't look great we thought how bad can it be...the view was beautiful and it had a bunch of restaurants and pools we were wrong it was bad. The pools and the view are the only things going for this hotel.
Things that were not good: Long check in line, restaurants had poor service, there was NO personal attention or accountibility even the starbucks inside wasn't very good but the WORST part about the hotel were the rooms. Ours had mold above the shower, a hair on our towel and a bug that came up from the shower drain. We did not relax because we just felt grossed out.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Melinda H
New Albany, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My room was great, clean, friendly staff. Would stay here again anytime. The Condado Hilton was in a great location, the room was roomy and the ocean overlook balcony was very nice. The pools were clean and plenty of deck chairs. Breakfast and lunch was very good at the Caribe. The staff was helpful and always friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Rita B
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for my anniversary and I had a pleasant time. We ate at the Cafe and loved it. The host warned us it would be a wait but I appreciated the warning. It was worth the wait. The food was very very good. The entire staff was super friendly and the Hotel was nice. My room was spacious except for the bathroom. Even though it was nice it was super small and uncomfortable to move around. That would be my only complaint. I would recommend.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Madmonlop
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed here for two nights before our cruise left from the San Juan port. I was looking for a moderately-priced resort hotel that didn't gouge too much with resort fees. You can't avoid them, unless you want to stay at a lower-end hotel. We were pleased with our room and the service. We checked in four hours early, and used the Leisure Escapes package, which credits the room $50/day. (I just had to remind the front desk that we had this, as they did not automatically credit it.) The pool is nice, although got a bit rowdy on Friday night. It was a very relaxed atmosphere. I recommend asking for a top floor room, for views of the city/ocean and to get away from the noise. We stayed in the Lagoon tower, which was very nice and clean. Well situated near restaurants and shops. We were happy.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MJF8610
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Very Good I would definitely stay here again. My experience with the staff during check in was very pleasant. The bellman and concierge were very helpful with giving information need for our stay in San Juan.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank 554feliciaa
NY
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The Condado Plaza was really a very nice hotel. I had stayed there several times, many years ago also, prior to their renovation.

First, I like the fact that the small beach is like a protected cove. Since I can't swim, I like the fact that there are no big waves, like in the rest of the Condado strip. And I can spend time in the warm water without being afraid. The beach is kept very clean, and the hotel has security, which makes sure the pool and beach entrance are secure. There is a huge pool in the main tower, as well as a salt water pool. The Lagoon side has a nice pool also.

The hammocks located near the ocean are incredibly relaxing. Its best to go early in the morning, before 9 a.m.and just listen to the ocean, before the sun is strong.

The hotel is right near a bridge and if you go to the 10th floor at sunset, you can get great photos of the sun setting, with the Caribe Hilton, the waves hitting the rocks and the bridge nearby.

The service was really great for the most part. The bellmen were wonderful in giving tips on restaurants, etc. Thanks to David for the tip on where to see the sunset!

I only had one problem, with my phone being dead. I had to ask a few times before it was fixed. Otherwise, I always had towels and everything I needed. The room was very clean.

I really enjoyed the live entertainment at the casino. The gentleman sang live and included such a variety of music...eveything from Sinatra to salsa music. That was great!

There is a Starbucks right downstairs and a Dennys across the street, which was very convenient. The hotel has a few restaurants also. But you can walk down the strip and find plenty of restaurants and shops, and other hotels to visit to. Try Ropa Vieja restaurant. The food was good and they had live music.

There is a Walgreens to get supplies, munchies, water, etc., which is a distance down the strip. Its a walk, but its doable. Make sure you stop at the Ben & Jerrys cafe also. They have food, as well as ice cream. And you can get some great hot croissants with nutella or ham & cheese sandwiches there, and smoothies too!

The hotel is a short ride from the airport. And not far from Old San Juan. You can take a bus, or taxi there. The hotel concierge also has many day tours to different parts of the island, making it really convenient, if you don't want to rent a car.

Overall, Condado Plaza is really one of the best options if you want to stay by the beach and not break the bank. The place is clean, in a convenient location, with a nice beach. You can rent kayaks and go paddle boarding too. If you're traveling solo, you can feel secure, since hotel security is evident. For the price...get the ocean view...its worth it!

Room Tip: I booked an ocean view room and was given room 438. It was a full ocean view with a balcony, and I w...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#7 of 13 in Isla Verde
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to The Condado Plaza Hilton? Share your experiences!