“Stay some place else...”

The Condado Plaza Hilton
Ranked #24 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
“Stay some place else...”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel based on the reviews but I have to warn everyone...RUN...do not book this hotel. It took my husband and I 1 hour to check - in when we arrived and we had already paid for the room in full! No one seemed to care that we were waiting so long either. As a matter of fact it doesn't appear that anyone cares at all at this hotel. The customer service here sucks as well as in the surrounding establishments. I don't know who said that Puerto Ricans are friendly people but we've been here for four days already and all we've experienced is rudeness and lack luster customer service. On top of all that...it will cost you a fortune to eat in this place and this is the off season...I thought everything was supposed to be cheaper! If you decide to take a trip to Puerto Rico DO NOT stay on Condado beach. There is no beach. I don't even know how they call this place a beach! This place looks like a slum even at night with all kinds of shifty characters that come out at night to ask you for money...Don't say you weren't warned...

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,037)
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The stay we just had this past weekend at this property was not up to Hilton standards.

We had an easy check-in, and staff was very nice...but the windows were filthy , and we did pay for an ocean view. The area rugs in the room were not even swept clean. the bathroom was the worst layout I have ever seen.

Pools were clean. Nice view. I was just very dissapointed for the price and being a Hilton proerty. The bed was not the most comfortable. The property needs a renovation soon.

Room Tip: Please search around. hotel overpriced for what you get. It needs to be updated and cleaned..Carpets...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jen M
EdgardoL, Front Office Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Jen M

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found our staff friendly and accommodating. Regarding the cleanliness of the room windows and area rug, please accept my apologies since this is clearly not our standard. I hope that when you come back to Puerto Rico you would give us the opportunity to serve you again. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Edgardo L. De Jesus
Director of Front Office Operations
Edgardo.dejesus@hilton.com

Travellers are raving about these San Juan hotels

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I had a three night four day stay with friends. Upon arrival our rooms were not ready . I received a call around 6 pm to notify me my room was ready. My room was 610 which is located across from the ice machine. The ice machine did not work. We called to complain but to no avail. The hotel is beautiful the staff were helpful. Richard was a great help with booking our excursions.I would book with this hotel again. The smaller problems didn't compare to the hospitality of their employees. GREAT VISIT

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank beautiful39
New York, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This Hotel is extremely well kept in a convenient location. You don't have to leave the hotel if you don't want to- very convenient with the restaurants, pools and beach right there. The service was outstanding- our room was ready upon arrival at 11am even though check-in was at 4pm. The views from the property were stunning. I absolutely love the decor- loved the different vases on each floor. I cannot wait to return! Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Laurelle C
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed as two families. Wonderful experience. Nice clean rooms, speedy check-in and check - out. Beautiful views from both the balconies. Dennys right across and starbucks downstairs were convenient as well!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Latha R
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Condado Hilton and it was great! The customer service was great from the check in process during my 5 night stay and until I checked out. Everyone was friendly and helpful. I stayed on the fourth floor and had a view of the city and it was beautiful!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The check-in and FD staff were really great to work with and I even got an ocean front upgrade with a full balcony.

The bar staff in the lobby were fantastic (best mojitos of the week).

But, that's where it ends...

The room quality was at the lower end of a Hilton property compared to all the Hiltons I am in with Hilton Honors Diamond status. The bathroom was not the cleanest and the shower door was leaky/not fully operational. The housekeeping staff were extremely inconsistent; towels missing one day, coffee the next, no soap left the following...

But, for me the biggest issue was a massive amount of black mold in the shower that I had to ask the FD twice to have removed. They did and even gave me a $25 credit at the bar for my troubles (thank you again btw).

There is no beach, but there are numerous pools and it is close to a few ocean front restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean front! No noise at all from the main drag on Condado.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
#6 of 13 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,138 reviews
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort

Been to The Condado Plaza Hilton? Share your experiences!