“Solid San Juan option”

Ranked #24 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Haddonfield, New Jersey
“Solid San Juan option”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This property was a quality stay for my and my family. I am a Diamond Member and stay over 100 nights a year at Hilton properties. Its slightly dated but the rooms were clean,. bathrooms clean and the view (ocean view room) was terrific. Other positives were the staff and service, we were treated well, cleaning servcice solid and the response time for needed things was good. The pool area and water slide great for kids, the lagoon is calm and you can snorkel. Negative would be the check in line is long and I did not see a separate line for Hilton Honors, the food at the Aqua Cafe not great and very expensive. Overall we would come back though. Great location right outside of Miramar, old San Juan and 10 minute ride to Isla Verde

Room Tip: Definetly get Ocean View
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Kevin T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,040)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Place needs a remodel. Staff is borderline contemptuous, especially the parking staff. Charges for EVERYTHING, even services that are free at other Hilton locations. It is right on the water, so there's that.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank NOLA_Monkeyboy
Chelmsford, United States
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Hotel location is awesome with H&R liquor store less than a mile away. Buy your own beer & wine and enjoy at the various hotel pools which are open 24 hrs. Lots of excellent restaurants both in the hotel and outside within walking distance. We and our kids thoroughly enjoyed both the fresh-water and salt-water pools and jacuzzi the hotel had to offer. The swim-up bar pool with water slide especially was a blast for both adults and kids. Only downside to our stay was having to eat the same breakfast at Denny's everyday for each of our 4 days of stay. Please provide your guests more dining options for breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Rohit K
EdgardoL, Front Office Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Rohit K
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am extremely happy to see that you had a excellent experience while staying with us. I am also happy that you enjoyed our restaurants and pool. I look forward to have you back in a short future and be able to serve you once again.
Edgardo L. De Jesus
Director of Front Office Operations
Edgardo.dejesus@hilton.com
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My boyfriend and I had several hotels to choose from, and I'm sorry this was the one we decided on. I really wanted something on the beach, but this was really just an oceanfront property and no real beach. It was on one end of the Condado strip that didn't have as much going on as the other end. We picked an oceanfront room which wasn't bad, but the service was not up to par. Our first night at The Hilton Condado was a disaster. We wanted a blanket because there wasn't one in the room. We made a total of 6 calls before we were able to receive a blanket!! I even offered to go down to the lobby and get it myself. How hard was it to get a blanket? How upsetting. It took about FIVE HOURS before someone came to the room with the blanket!! FIVE HOURS!!! They compensated us with free breakfast the following day. The rooms weren't as bad as the service, but it still could have been a lot better. The decor in the lobby and the vibe was pretty nice. The grounds, pools and swim up bar were all pretty cool. Knowing what I know now, I would stay on the other end of the district at one of the other nicer hotels that were all available for about the same price. This definitely wasn't up to The Hillton standards I'm familiar with.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank peggyl521
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel based on the reviews but I have to warn everyone...RUN...do not book this hotel. It took my husband and I 1 hour to check - in when we arrived and we had already paid for the room in full! No one seemed to care that we were waiting so long either. As a matter of fact it doesn't appear that anyone cares at all at this hotel. The customer service here sucks as well as in the surrounding establishments. I don't know who said that Puerto Ricans are friendly people but we've been here for four days already and all we've experienced is rudeness and lack luster customer service. On top of all that...it will cost you a fortune to eat in this place and this is the off season...I thought everything was supposed to be cheaper! If you decide to take a trip to Puerto Rico DO NOT stay on Condado beach. There is no beach. I don't even know how they call this place a beach! This place looks like a slum even at night with all kinds of shifty characters that come out at night to ask you for money...Don't say you weren't warned...

• Stayed August 2014

Travellers are raving about these San Juan hotels

Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The stay we just had this past weekend at this property was not up to Hilton standards.

We had an easy check-in, and staff was very nice...but the windows were filthy , and we did pay for an ocean view. The area rugs in the room were not even swept clean. the bathroom was the worst layout I have ever seen.

Pools were clean. Nice view. I was just very dissapointed for the price and being a Hilton proerty. The bed was not the most comfortable. The property needs a renovation soon.

Room Tip: Please search around. hotel overpriced for what you get. It needs to be updated and cleaned..Carpets...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jen M
Dear Jen M

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found our staff friendly and accommodating. Regarding the cleanliness of the room windows and area rug, please accept my apologies since this is clearly not our standard. I hope that when you come back to Puerto Rico you would give us the opportunity to serve you again. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Edgardo L. De Jesus
Director of Front Office Operations
Edgardo.dejesus@hilton.com
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I had a three night four day stay with friends. Upon arrival our rooms were not ready . I received a call around 6 pm to notify me my room was ready. My room was 610 which is located across from the ice machine. The ice machine did not work. We called to complain but to no avail. The hotel is beautiful the staff were helpful. Richard was a great help with booking our excursions.I would book with this hotel again. The smaller problems didn't compare to the hospitality of their employees. GREAT VISIT

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
#6 of 13 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,142 reviews
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort

Been to The Condado Plaza Hilton? Share your experiences!