Great hotel. The reviews are pretty much correct. There are 2 buildings. We stayed on the laguna side and it was very quiet. There is a swimming pool, jacuzzi and restaurant. The fitness center is on this side too with a steam room, sauna and indoor jacuzzi.
The other side is the main side with the ocean. There are 3 restaurants on that side. We ate at the Caribe and 8 noodle. Food is expensive in the hotel! It is better to walk down the street to eat. There are better local restaurants with better food. The first set of restaurants is about 5 min walk, but further down it can get up to a 15 min walk. There are liquor stores too, because the drinks at the hotel are expensive. Cab rides are expensive! It cost a min of $10 to go anywhere, even 1 block. They don't even turn on the meter. But if you rent a car, they drive crazy.
There is a casino on the main side that gets full on the weekends, but we never went. Friday and Saturday at the Marriott down the street is great music and dancing. It's party central.
The beach is ok, but very small. It's really in the bay/laguna. There is a bridge next to it, but you don't really notice it or hear any noise.
Great time in all. Got a fall escape package to stay 3 nights and get 4 night free with free breakfast included. Check out El Yunque rain forest. La Mina falls is great spot to get in the water.
Negatives: Just expensive for food, drinks, souviners. Go down the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotel. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-winning Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and bustling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham