Attended destination wedding at the Conrad during Thanksgiving week. The hotel is nice and general service (concierge, front desk, room service, etc.) is good but the biggest inconvenience was the room layout and we had the ocean facing room.
Not sure which genius thought of this but the bathroom door is a sliding door and cannot be locked and you can see inside the bathroom from the sides. The closet and drawers are in the bathroom - absolutely no drawers or closet in the main room so if someone is in the bathroom you have no access to your clothes. Plus the safe and coffee maker is also in the bathroom. Probably ok layout for couples but definitely not for families
The worst service was from the banqueting staff - service was very poor and disappointing for a hotel that is in this class and advertises it as a place for destination wedding. Examples of poor service:
1) Quite rude and did not seem they were making much effort to ensure our needs were met at 3 out of the 4 events we had
2) 3 buffet meals for ~200 people and on all occasions they would literally wait until food was totally finished and I had to ask them to refill all the times. Usually was met with a nasty emotion when asked to re-fill and advised them they they should refill before container is empty but they did not follow my advise. Somethimes had guests wait 5+ minutes to get an item filled
3) Couple of glasses broke on the floor and all they did was pushed the broken glass under the juice table but no-one thought about putting a caution cone or put a chair there so no one would walk there and get hurt. Had to ask them to come and sweep it up
4) During last hour of a breakfast buffet, the staff did bring out plates for guests to take food. On questioning they said the limit of guests had been met and I'd have to pay extra for each additional guest. I knew not all the guests had eaten yet so asked them how did they count. First they said # of plates and I said people did not use the same plates when they came for re-fill. so then they said # of silverware sets used and I said how did they keep track of it and they said they had counted that. So couple of us went around the tables and found ~20 sets of silverware that had not been used. So as another sign of having no customer sense one of the head staff says well some did not use silverware when they ate. At this point I am fuming and reluctantly they brought 20 additional plates
I have never seen such poor banqueting service which actually tarnished the entire image of the hotel. If anyone is thinking of having a wedding there all i can say is Buyer Beware because what they promised and what we got is totally opposites.
Also the beach is very small so not great for kids or taking long walks on the beach. Plus the entire area has lots of pebbles and rocks so if you want a long sandy beach, this place is not for you.
If you are just visiting as part of small group/family and want to be close to San Juan, then this may be ok for you as their other services are fine.
As a general rule I think if families are going for a vacation with no hassles, I strongly recommend looking at hotels/resorts that offer the all inclusive option.
If you have a car, parking is $16 per day!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotel. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-winning Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and bustling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham