The Condado Plaza Hilton
US$283
US$241
  • Breakfast included
4,942 results
All reviewscafe caribelagoon sidesalt water poolocean viewpuerto riconoodle barold san juansmall beachglass showerswim up barpool arearopa viejaashford avenuecoffee makermain poolopen hoursconcierge desk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 December 2010

Attended destination wedding at the Conrad during Thanksgiving week. The hotel is nice and general service (concierge, front desk, room service, etc.) is good but the biggest inconvenience was the room layout and we had the ocean facing room.

Not sure which genius thought of this but the bathroom door is a sliding door and cannot be locked and you can see inside the bathroom from the sides. The closet and drawers are in the bathroom - absolutely no drawers or closet in the main room so if someone is in the bathroom you have no access to your clothes. Plus the safe and coffee maker is also in the bathroom. Probably ok layout for couples but definitely not for families

The worst service was from the banqueting staff - service was very poor and disappointing for a hotel that is in this class and advertises it as a place for destination wedding. Examples of poor service:

1) Quite rude and did not seem they were making much effort to ensure our needs were met at 3 out of the 4 events we had

2) 3 buffet meals for ~200 people and on all occasions they would literally wait until food was totally finished and I had to ask them to refill all the times. Usually was met with a nasty emotion when asked to re-fill and advised them they they should refill before container is empty but they did not follow my advise. Somethimes had guests wait 5+ minutes to get an item filled

3) Couple of glasses broke on the floor and all they did was pushed the broken glass under the juice table but no-one thought about putting a caution cone or put a chair there so no one would walk there and get hurt. Had to ask them to come and sweep it up

4) During last hour of a breakfast buffet, the staff did bring out plates for guests to take food. On questioning they said the limit of guests had been met and I'd have to pay extra for each additional guest. I knew not all the guests had eaten yet so asked them how did they count. First they said # of plates and I said people did not use the same plates when they came for re-fill. so then they said # of silverware sets used and I said how did they keep track of it and they said they had counted that. So couple of us went around the tables and found ~20 sets of silverware that had not been used. So as another sign of having no customer sense one of the head staff says well some did not use silverware when they ate. At this point I am fuming and reluctantly they brought 20 additional plates

I have never seen such poor banqueting service which actually tarnished the entire image of the hotel. If anyone is thinking of having a wedding there all i can say is Buyer Beware because what they promised and what we got is totally opposites.

Also the beach is very small so not great for kids or taking long walks on the beach. Plus the entire area has lots of pebbles and rocks so if you want a long sandy beach, this place is not for you.

If you are just visiting as part of small group/family and want to be close to San Juan, then this may be ok for you as their other services are fine.

As a general rule I think if families are going for a vacation with no hassles, I strongly recommend looking at hotels/resorts that offer the all inclusive option.

If you have a car, parking is $16 per day!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2010

Great location to avoid the traffic in Condado and old San Juan. This place is great! All rooms with balconies facing the Atlantic or Condado bay. The rooms facing the city also have a great view. Lobby is very modern, many hotels in Puerto Rico are taking this style in last cople of years. State of the art Gym, HUGE. Great pools, tennis court and Sushi restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Alberto M
Reviewed 20 December 2010

This hotel was great. We were celebrating my husbands 60th birthday and received a free upgrade and a chocolate treat was waiting for us when we arrived. The room was very nice and the pools are beautiful. Everyone was so friendly and helpful with any questions we had. We rode the bus (bus stop right outside hotel) to Old San Juan for 0.75 cents. The beach is small but very clean and nice. Many resturants a short walk away. There are some abandon buildings near by. We think this is a great place to stay.

Reviewed 16 December 2010

Pensioners, given 10th floor room lagoon side. Lifts out of service first day. Had to walk down 7 floors. No cups provided for tea maker. Requested and supplied 2 glasses. Asked again but none delivered. Went to main desk and asked for 2 cups, gave up after 30 minutes wait. Never did get a cup of tea. Complained on return home to Hilton Group.
Received apology from Hotel Manager and thanks for pointing out shortcomings.
My advice: service poor! which is a shame but pensioners might want to give this one a miss , there are plenty of hotels that would have dealt with this problem much better.
Shame on you Hilton Group.

1  Thank Palmasolabay
Management response:Responded 18 December 2010

Greetings and thank you for voicing your concerns to us here on Trip Advisor. I'd like to reiterate that we do indeed appreciate your feedback as it will help us grow in the departments that you've mentioned. I especially find it a little unsettling that you've stated that there was a 30-minute wait at the Front Desk, which should never occur. If you decide to re-visit Puerto Rico once again, please contact me via email and we will arrange a better, more memorable stay for you and your partner.

Cheers,

Leah Rossi
Concierge
Guest Service Manager

To all Trip Advisor users: If you have any questions about our facilities, services, packages or need assistance with any special request, please do not hesitate to contact me via email or phone. My email is leah.rossi@conradhotels.com, and number is 787-721-1000 ext. 3636.

Reviewed 14 December 2010

I was somewhat hesitant to book here after reading some of the reviews on Trip Advisor. I am glad I didn't listen. After spending three nights here, I just can't imagine what anyone has to complain about. I came here with my fiancee to celebrate our engagment. Our flight got in at noon so I emailed Leah Rossi to ask for an early check in. We got to the hotel....there were no lines. Immediately I was greeted by the staff who all congratulated me on my engagement. Our room was ready right away and we got a beautiful Ocean Front room in the tower by the pools. We immediately changed into our swimsuits and headed to the pool. The bar staff there were super nice. Jimmi from Scranton, PA was our favorite! The second day at the hotel we came into our room to find a complimentary bottle of champagne waiting for us. What a beautiful gesture. The rooms were clean, the atmosphere was friendly and the weather was perfect. What can anyone complain about? Seriously. Please do not listen to the negative reviews here. I'm glad I didn't.

2  Thank oncloud22