We booked a Ocean View Superior room with a Balcony. What we got was a two foot ledge with railing that looked out over the first floor roof.
When complained to front desk, explained that I had booked this room way in advance and had spend about $400.00 for the room and that I didn't feel the room I recieved was the room I booked. Well, after about 30 minutes the young trendy girl at the front desk said there was nothing the managment could do but give me a $25.00 certificate for food or bar drinks.
Now more about my room and the hotel. I'm really tired of "trendy hotels" lacking in class and service. My rooms all glass shower leaked all over the floor due to the seal not working any more. The trendy sliding barn style bathrooms doors would not stay on there tract. The open style closet and luggage area is right out side the shower door (yes, in the bathroom) so if anyone needs to get to their belongings while others are using the bathoom.... well, lets just say there is not much privacy. There is no tub. Only one sink (room for two). Only one very small chair in the room. Safe was locked unusable when we got there (had to call for service). You will have to wear a pink bracelet like at a bar when you go to check out the wallmart quality pool towels. Not exactly "superior"... and no ink in the kiosk where you print out boarding passes for airlines.
The lobby is very pleasent but I'm really getting tired of Hotels calling themselfs "Luxury" or "Resort" just because they have modern trendy decor that often doesn't work. Nice samply bottles and Marble sinks don't cut it for me...
If you are looking for a quiet place to stay I recommend El Convento, If you have children I recommend the Marriot Sellaris (nice big bathtubs with sep. showers) and yes i have stayed in both. I do not recommend the La Concha unless you are looking for ear-numbing music in the lobby and again.... trendy decor that just doesn't work (under 35 crowd)
My advice to Conrad.... time for management that cares about the experience of each hotel guest with personal detail to each complaint and each complaint met with respect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotel. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-winning Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and bustling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham