One thing I will say about this place is that staff are friendly and great. Other than that, I would do my best to stay anywhere else. The hotel has a sort of bargain-vacation feel to it. Everything feels like it just wasn't done with all that much care (again, aside from the staff). The pool on the roof is unimpressive and small. The lobby is an ear-piercing casino. The unit that we had on the top floor, which was supposedly a fancy suite, for some reason was next to some very loud fans or A/C units or something, so the whole place rumbled and vibrated all night long.
In the dining room, I saw one of the most amazing scenes I have ever witnessed in a hotel, and it made for some pretty great comedy. We decided to sit out on the restaurant balcony, which looks out on the harbor and the main street, because the air conditioning in the dining room was extremely cold, and hey, we were in Puerto Rico. While we were eating pigeons began to swarm around all the tables, and these pigeons were the most scraggly sorry-looking birds I have ever seen. They were all filthy and ragged with their feathers falling out and their feet all messed up. They came hobbling onto the tables and flying around our heads. It was pretty aggressive. I went in to get some more food and I noticed that when I came back my glass of orange juice was gone-- I am pretty sure that one of the waiters had seen a pigeon do something unsavory to my glass and had taken it away. Finally at the end of our meal, after surviving the dirty pigeon attacks, I saw one of the waiters walk out onto the balcony with his hands full of bread pieces. The waiter scattered the bread around all over the floor of the balcony and all the birds went crazy eating them. We just wore sweaters and ate inside after that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel is situated in the heart of historic and romantic old San Juan district. We are ideally located on the waterfront, just a few moments from the docking point of grand cruise ships. We are literally "Steps from Everything" as you can walk to over 200 restaurants, cafe's, pubs, shops & much more. There is also a secluded beach 0.7 miles / 13 minute walk across Capitol - Senate house in Old San Juan or a 1.1 mile scenic walk to pristine Escambron beach which has food kiosks etc. Discover why Old San Juan is the Caribbean's most visited city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel And Casino
- Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Sheraton San Juan
- San Juan Sheraton
- Old San Juan Sheraton