Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel
Ranked #19 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 16 April 2013

This hotel is convenient to downtown, and you'll be able to walk to many attractions. A rental car company is located right there too. Taxi is a short trip to the pier for cruisers. Stayed here with my dad on a southern Caribbean cruise and we really enjoyed it. The club rooms are worth the extra money. Service was great, rooms very comfortable. We had no complaints and would stay here again. In fact, I've sent many of my travel clients here for short stays.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Armando E, Director of Sales at Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Dear guest from Arkansas,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience and the nice referrals to our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you also enjoyed your cruise and we look forward to your next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,384)

Reviewed 16 April 2013

room was nice, lobby was nice. No bar, restaurant closed early. Staff was just okay. the Casino wasn't much to see. Roof pool was lovely, and the beds very cozy. The hertz car rental was in house, although not very friendly. Senor Frogs is just around the corner, but it was the most boring Senor Frogs I have ever been to. Watching the Cruise ships while having breakfast was a great moment.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Armando E, Director of Sales at Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Dear guest from Texas,
Thanks for sharing your feedback with us here. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us. My guess is that you probably stayed here on a very slow night because we seldom close early any outlets. Old San Juan and this property is quite busy 24 / 7 all year round. We hope to see you back here soon.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Upon check-in they didn't have my company's credit card info. The first night was the only night I received mouth wash. The hot water takes over 5 minutes to warm up. I stayed twice. The first time the Internet did not work, but the front desk was able to help. The second time the Internet did not work, and when I tried to call the front desk no one picked up. When I asked the front desk attendant why no one picked up, he said everyone had gone home, yet there were at least three employees hanging around the frond desk area. The TV remote did not work half the time. The next morning of my second stay, my room key would not work with the elevator, even though I was not due to check out for another week. When I checked out, I tried making a reservation for a second stay but was told I could not make a reservation through the front desk. I had to call a special Reservations number. Who does this? Overall I expected much more from the Sheraton. I was told that it's normal, as the service in Puerto Rico is very poor. So why is their motto, "Puerto Rico does it better"?

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear James from San Fernando,
We truly appreciate you taking the time to share valuable feedback with us. We sincerely regret the issues you describe here experienced during your stay. Every point you mention is valid and we should have prevented. I can only tell you that we consistently deliver the quality service the brand is known for and also shared in this platform and are committed to ensuring that nobody receives poor service from any interaction with our Associates. We are also currently making significant upgrades to our product. Anyhow, we hope we do have another opportunity to change your experience for the better. If you travel often to Puerto Rico, please send us a note to sales@sheratonoldsanjuan.com in order to verify if you qualify for our Corporate rate agreement.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

The rooms are great, the service is great... You can't beat the location. Condodado does have a great beach.. But old san Juan has the ambience/culture... We will always stay here! Great pool on 9the floor/roof with Gym.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Armando E, Director of Sales at Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear guest from New Jersey!
Thanks for sharing your experience and tips here. Seems to me that you are a savvy traveller for this destination. Indeed, Old San Juan is where everyone ends up visiting day or night. You can always catch a $0.75 a/c bus that can take you to several beaches within minutes. Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

The hotel is in great location. All staff was very helpful especially the front desk. Rental company in the hotel was good, helpful. I rented in the morning and dropped to the valet parking at night as I didn't want to wake up early and it was done. Internet works fine. Just need to be careful about the taxis from the hotel taxi stand, they charge more than regular taxis I believe. Also in the casino I spent more than an hour and couldn't get a drink even I asked one.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Jayhun from St.Maarten,
Based on your photo I can tell that you are a nice fun guy. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Not sure what happened with the delay on your drink at the Casino but appreciate the feedback nonetheless. Hope you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

The Hotel was Average for the price. For me I expected a nicer hotel for the price. The best part is that it was within walking distance of the ship. So No extra fares to worry about, so this made the price worth it. The room was nice, but the pool was terrible, it was nice to have a casino in the hotel along with a restaurant, they had a band in there the night before we left for our cruise, and a SenorFrogs across the street. Also if its during the day, it is very nice to walk around old San Juan, we felt safe and enjoyed fountains, old castle and a neat diner where the locals eat. ONE NOTE: cab drivers are really nice in San Juan to get you to your hotel from the airport, but when you get off the ship to go back to the airport, they try to charge you double, so get with another group of people. If its just the 2 of you negotiate a price for your return trip to the airport - you will save and not be taken advantage of.

Room Tip: Try to get a lower room if possible, the elevators take so long, and check in and out early, as the...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Skelley1722

Dear guest from Indiana,
Thanks for your feedback here. We are glad you enjoyed our location and value your comments. Surprise to learn about the return cab fare from the cruise ships. The rates are all regulated by the distance. Hope you also enjoyed your cruise and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

This hotel is in a great location for enjoying Old San Juan. Easy to get to if you have a rental car compared with other hotels in Old San Juan. Beds are great. Internet works great. Walking distance to everything in Old San Juan. Down sides - no actual hotel bar and lobby is very small with only a few seats if you are waiting to meet up with people. Elevators are a pain to use as you have to insert your room key to go up to your floor. I found the card readers in the elevators to be very inconsistent and unreliable. Last negative is that there were several ants in my bathroom which is fairly common throughout the Caribbean. Water pressure in shower was excellent. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Armando E, Director of Sales at Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Dear Bob from Titusville,
Thank you very much for your feedback here. We are glad you really enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you back here soon.