“Comfortable stay”

Ranked #20 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
UK
“Comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Great location if you are going on a cruise, as it is directly across from the Cruise Port. There is a CVS a few doors down from the hotel, which is very useful. Receptionists were pleasant and I was in my room very quickly. The room was clean, but it was very dark. There were no overhead lights, just floor and bedside lamps. It also had a massive King Size Bed. The bathroom was a decent size.

The hotel's location is great to explore Old San Juan, restaurants and shopping. There is also complimentary use of PC's.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room on a lower floor - elevator can take a while.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank UkLioness
Armando E, Director of Sales at Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear guest,
Thanks for sharing your experience with us here. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. I would say that being an SPG gold member has its perks. Got my early check in and late check out. Would have been nice it they let me check out later like 7 pm as my flight wasnt til 10 pm.

It was very conveniently located to all restaurants, bars /lounges and shops. It is walking distance to everything. Feel safe too as they have PR policia every corner. Calle San Francisco is for the night life.. calle fortaleza for the avid foodie like me . Plaza is just foot stepz away..awesome city!
It is like 10 mins away from Condado beach .. FYi if u are using GPS.. make sure u put no highways.. it is crazy how it took us everywhere... where it was just dowb the streets
So we were here when trop storm bertha hit the island. I can tell it put a damper on our activities but nonetheless we need the rain. The hotel provided complimentary umbrella to guests which was awesome!

Our housekeeper was awesome.. replenished all our toiletries.. our comp drink and coffee too.

Cant say much about concierge though.. tried to ask information one day but waited for 10 mins as he was on the phone. Suggest to have another person there especially when it get craazy during cruisr ships time.

Casino closes? What? I live in Vegas.. not used casino closed ob certain time of the day.. and whats up with banning hats in the casino but I see ppl having baseball hats on backwards?

One comment that I saw here at TA was it gets crazy as it is a port of call. At first, it was very quiet... did not last long.. a massive cruise ship came in and let me tell u San Juan transformed into some kinda crazy as the passengers trying to get a room.. trying to visit and see san Juan with limited time alloted by the cruise. It was crazy.. streets were flooded with ppl walking and cars trying to get through little alleys etc. I can't imagine if they have 3 ships at once.. which they say happens all the time. Oh my.. if u like quiet.. this hotel is not for u.. but if u are an explorer and party crazy like me.. this hotel is poppin...my kind of crazy.. salsa band at thr front of the hotel playing with cruise passengers dancing.. vendors everywhere... explorer shoppers' haven. Woukd definitely come back to this lovely hotel. ♡

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank icyvegas
Dear guest,
Thanks for your detailed review. Glad you enjoyed your visit.
Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great location. We were taking a cruise out of san juan puerto rico and this hotel was close to all of the sights and just a short cab ride to the port. I will absolutely stay here again. It was in the heart of Old San Juan and there were shuttles that you could pick up right in front of the hotel for a tour of old san juan.

Room Tip: Request a view
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MimiSkyy
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us even when your cruise departed from the Pan American Pier (2 miles away). We hope you enjoyed your cruise as well and look forward to welcoming you back.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel is located walking distance of a wide variety of restaurants and shopping. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The valet parking is reasonably priced and convenient. It has a well appointed gym. This location works great vs. rush hour traffic. I avoid the bottlenecks in the AM and PM. The hotel prices are consistently lower than other area hotels with full amenities for the business traveler. Some of the rooms have great views of the San Juan Bay. The new coffee bar is a good addition.

Room Tip: As an SPG member I occasionally get upgraded to the large suites with view to the bay where the crui...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Tennisfta
Dear guest,
Thank you for your compliments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Dundas, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We decided to spend a few days in San Juan after our cruise and this hotel was very conveniently located. On our second day, we left the hotel room at 10:15 a.m. to go explore the city and returned at 4:30 p.m. to find that the room had not been made up. This was quite disappointing after a hot but interesting day walking around town. We just wanted to relax in a clean made up room. I tried to call the front desk but no one picked up the phone after 10+ rings. I went down to the front desk to discuss the situation. I wanted to speak to a manager but the manager had already left (at 4:30 p.m. on a Monday). The front desk staff was apologetic. When I mentioned no one picking up the phone, I was told that the phone must be broken and they could send someone to look at it. I declined this offer as there was nothing wrong with the phone. we were kicked out of our room for half an hour to sit in the noisy lobby while our room was made up. Upon checkout, we were give a bill that showed only taxes owing for the second days stay. I thought that this was a goodwill gesture for our troubles but when our Visa bill came, it should full charges and was quite different than the bill that we were given at checkout. These issues are not tragic but not what I would expect from a Sheraton as I have stayed at many other Sheratons.

Pros: Excellent location, very good air conditioning, free fast WiFi that reached to our 8th floor room. Great view from outdoor pool although towel availability is hit and miss and the drink machine at the pool was sold out of everything.

Cons: Front office staff friendly and they try but they are ineffective. The rooms could use some updating. Housekeeping needs some work.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Amjad J
Dear guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are very sorry to learn about our missed opportunities which were really very simple to avoid on our side. All of our guest feedback is shared and discussed in detail so that we can prevent this type of experiences in the future. We can only hope we get another chance in the future to provide you the quality service you are entitled to and we and our brand is recognized for.
Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed here one night before a cruise. Was perfect. Walked everywhere, only needed a taxi to the cruise port and from the airport. Was upgraded and the room was excellent. I checked out the regular rooms and they all looked clean and comfy. The hotel staff was excellent. Everyone acknowledged you are you past by them. Love the free use of umbrellas if needed - nice touch!! Pool was alright - nothing fancy but hit the spot for my 10 year old. Starbucks coffee in the room and creamers - perfect! Ordered room service breakie and it was plated and presented as you would expect. Kudos - I would recommend and stay here!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SweetOttawa
Armando E, Director of Sales at Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear guest,
Thanks for sharing your experience with us here. We are glad you and your family enjoyed your visit although too short. We also hope you enjoyed your cruise vacation and hope to welcome you all back soon.
Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

In a prime location in Old San Juan, it is as nice as can be expected for a chain hotel versus the boutique hotels in the same location. Nice large bathroom, didn't smell musty, and a comfortable bed versus the unknown. We stayed at Chateau Cervantes on our first night in Old San Juan in a small room, small bathroom, noisy from the street, etc. The Sheraton was the last night of our trip coming over from Vieques before we headed back home from San Juan International. We did go upstairs to just look at the outdoor pool and were not impressed. A lot of people go up there to enjoy the highrise view and just hang out. Nowhere I'd like to have a relaxing time by the pool. We did hit the casino before our flight out the next morning, and I hit a royal flush on video poker so I was a happy camper!!

Room Tip: We were on a higher floor and it was quiet, away from the casino.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rdpecha
Dear guest,
Congrats on your Casino Royal Flush win! We are glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to welcome you back soon.