“Made a honeymoon memorable!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel
Ranked #21 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
San Diego, California
“Made a honeymoon memorable!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I planned a trip for my sister's honeymoon with her husband. As her older brother, I wanted to create something great for them. The staff, especially Edgar R. Negron, made the experience an once in the lifetime experience. They worked with me to make sure my sister and her new husband enjoyed themselves. They welcomed them and treated them like royalty. My sister said "I feel like a princess."

They enjoyed the food, the service and the hotel. People were very friendly. My sister did not want to leave. In fact, she is already planning a return trip. Thank you have making my sister's dreams come true.

Room Tip: They had a corner suite. Quiet but it overlooks the ships and Old San Juan.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
2 Thank Frank R
Armando E, Director of Sales at Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear guest,
We love knowing that we have positively contributed towards your sisters lifetime memories. This is the travel industry most tangible asset - memories of a lifetime. At the end of our journeys we seldom remember many of the material things we had in our life's, but nobody ever forgets the experience while travelling. You are an awesome brother too and may they live many, many happy years together.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent location with no need to have a rental car. Everything within walking distance. Bed was very comfortable and room was clean. Old San Juan has a free trolley that you can pick up just one block over and get to all over the city. Miss it already! !!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sean S
Dear guest,
Glad you took advantage of our unique location in Historic Old San Juan. Hope to see you back here soon to discover all of the more than 200 Restaurants, pubs & shops just steps away.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

going on cruise leaving from san juan I picked the san juan sharaton to stay for 2 days before I took the cruise. the hotel is in a great area very close to cruise lines. the staff was very helpful and room was great with a view of the sea . very close to all the sight seeing things in old san juan you can walk to everything and great local places to eat there. if going on a cruise I would suggest to stay there

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank david c
Dear guest,
Thanks for your compliments and we hope you also enjoyed your cruise.
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel in a prime location. The rooms appeared recently renovated but not the bathrooms. Perhaps they just didn't get to them yet. The staff was polite and accommodating. Perfect for a pre- or post-cruise stay. Not far from the cruise port.

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Fenway302
Dear guest,
Thank you for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Great location if you are going on a cruise, as it is directly across from the Cruise Port. There is a CVS a few doors down from the hotel, which is very useful. Receptionists were pleasant and I was in my room very quickly. The room was clean, but it was very dark. There were no overhead lights, just floor and bedside lamps. It also had a massive King Size Bed. The bathroom was a decent size.

The hotel's location is great to explore Old San Juan, restaurants and shopping. There is also complimentary use of PC's.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room on a lower floor - elevator can take a while.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Rooms
1 Thank UkLioness
Dear guest,
Thanks for sharing your experience with us here. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. I would say that being an SPG gold member has its perks. Got my early check in and late check out. Would have been nice it they let me check out later like 7 pm as my flight wasnt til 10 pm.

It was very conveniently located to all restaurants, bars /lounges and shops. It is walking distance to everything. Feel safe too as they have PR policia every corner. Calle San Francisco is for the night life.. calle fortaleza for the avid foodie like me . Plaza is just foot stepz away..awesome city!
It is like 10 mins away from Condado beach .. FYi if u are using GPS.. make sure u put no highways.. it is crazy how it took us everywhere... where it was just dowb the streets
So we were here when trop storm bertha hit the island. I can tell it put a damper on our activities but nonetheless we need the rain. The hotel provided complimentary umbrella to guests which was awesome!

Our housekeeper was awesome.. replenished all our toiletries.. our comp drink and coffee too.

Cant say much about concierge though.. tried to ask information one day but waited for 10 mins as he was on the phone. Suggest to have another person there especially when it get craazy during cruisr ships time.

Casino closes? What? I live in Vegas.. not used casino closed ob certain time of the day.. and whats up with banning hats in the casino but I see ppl having baseball hats on backwards?

One comment that I saw here at TA was it gets crazy as it is a port of call. At first, it was very quiet... did not last long.. a massive cruise ship came in and let me tell u San Juan transformed into some kinda crazy as the passengers trying to get a room.. trying to visit and see san Juan with limited time alloted by the cruise. It was crazy.. streets were flooded with ppl walking and cars trying to get through little alleys etc. I can't imagine if they have 3 ships at once.. which they say happens all the time. Oh my.. if u like quiet.. this hotel is not for u.. but if u are an explorer and party crazy like me.. this hotel is poppin...my kind of crazy.. salsa band at thr front of the hotel playing with cruise passengers dancing.. vendors everywhere... explorer shoppers' haven. Woukd definitely come back to this lovely hotel. ♡

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank icyvegas
Dear guest,
Thanks for your detailed review. Glad you enjoyed your visit.
Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great location. We were taking a cruise out of san juan puerto rico and this hotel was close to all of the sights and just a short cab ride to the port. I will absolutely stay here again. It was in the heart of Old San Juan and there were shuttles that you could pick up right in front of the hotel for a tour of old san juan.

Room Tip: Request a view
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
      Rooms
1 Thank MimiSkyy
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us even when your cruise departed from the Pan American Pier (2 miles away). We hope you enjoyed your cruise as well and look forward to welcoming you back.