Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
2,430 results
All reviewsrooftop poolacross the streetold san juancruise shipsenor frogswithin walking distancefree trolleyburger placeroyal caribbeanstored our luggagehotel restauranthotel is in a great locationupgraded to a suitehistoric sitespre cruisesmall balconyel morro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 October 2010

As an SPG member I was directed towards this hotel for my last night in San Juan before departing back home. I had booked a suite as quoted with a "beautiful city view of historic old san juan." I was expecting a lovely view with a nice view of the city and port. I was looking forwarding to relaxing in this city in my nice suite. Instead I was given a "suite" that just felt like a dark gloomy basement. The "historic city view" was a giant parking structure 5 ft outside the window. It was by far the most misleading room description I have been given in my 100+ hotel stays this year. I gave the hotel the opportunity to rectify the matter but nothing was done. They had no rooms to move me to and could only offer a small credit towards the $319 I was originally quoted. Keep in mind they ALSO charge a $25 service fee and TAXES on top of that. The hotel is a joke with no real management. I will be filing a formal complaint with SPG corporate. Unless you are boarding a cruise ship, DO NOT STAY HERE!!
Your vacation will be ruined. What pissed me off the most was the front desk who was quite aware how misleading the description was. The bellman told me they get such complaints daily. DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Its a dump!!! No better than a motel 6.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank JmaxBod
Reviewed 25 September 2010

Excellent location for post cruise stay. We walked across the port with our luggages. The room was not ready; but, the bell service was great. The room is clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I hate writing negative reviews, but there is little to compliment about this hotel. The lobby constantly smells of grease and fried food (not sure why). One of the two treadmills was broken and when we reported it to the front desk, they shrugged. One morning we were awoken by the maid service before 8 a.m.; the next day they never came. We had to call the front desk three times that evening before someone came to drop off clean sheets and towels (though they did not offer to make up the beds or clean up).

Other anomalies about this hotel include barking dogs in the hallways in the early morning(?); lots of small unsupervised children screaming in the gym and the pool.

Because I have the Starwoods Credit Card, I typically stay at Starwoods properties (LeMeridien, Sheraton, W, etc.) This one felt more akin to a motel than a multi-star hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank amandas711
Reviewed 16 August 2010

I stayed here with my wife the night before a cruise departing from San Juan. It was a good, clean hotel. Staff were not overly friendly but they got the job done. The best thing about this hotel is the location - smackl in the middle of old San Juan. If you stay here and are looking for a great place for dinner, I highly recommend taking a short walk to the DragonFly restaurant 1 street over - Asian/Latin fusion - try the duck nachos!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ob1dob
Reviewed 12 August 2010

The sheraton in old san juan is a gem... the service was great. The rooms were so very clean. The bed felt as if I was sleeping on a cloud, very clean. The sheets and blankets smelled so good and were like new! The check in was outstanding. We were there like 4 hrs. too early and the nice agent, named George, a very professional and friendly gentleman assigned us a room right away! The location of this hotel is terriffic. Located right in front of the bay where cruise ships dock. Near everything including El Morro Fortress (walking distance.) Plenty of restaurants to eat the best food you can possibly imagine. Do not forget to go to "La Bombonera" This is a 100 years plus restaurant/fonda, they make the best coffee with mallorca bread! They also make very good pastries, and food,too.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends