“Blast from the past”

At Wind Chimes Boutique Hotel
Ranked #35 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel with a 1950 look from back on the day. Refreshing and very relaxing place to stay. Close to everything. Plenty of restaurants and shops close by. We will definitely go back soon. Keep up the good work.

1  Thank Mac2105

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel through a time share reward, Spirit Incentives I believe. We were there Sunday - Thursday. We had a nice room upstairs that had windows to the courtyard (sun deck) and to the street. We never had noise issues, just the sounds of the city. This is NOT on a major intersection like said in other reviews. My husband and I walked from the hotel (Ocean Park area) to Condado (only about 1/4 mile to separate the two) to get to many options for food/shopping. We took the Bus to old San Juan once and took the cab the other time, I would suggest taking the bus if you're not on time restraints, it's MUCH cheaper ($0.75 each way) versus a $20 cab ride, and it's less than 5 miles. The beach is a 3 minute slow walk, less than a 1/4 mile away and it's wonderful. I also went for a run along McLeary Ave while I was there and felt very safe, I must have passed about 100 other runners around 5pm.
There's a small famous bakery just down the street from this hotel (away from Condado) that was really good, and the street behind the hotel has many smaller restaurants to choose from, they had a block party/festival there while we were staying, it was fun!

The staff were all great! Didn't drink at the bar, but the bartender was very nice/polite.

The room: we did have a nice clean room, the TV/Cable had some issues occasionally, but nothing that a little patience didn't fix, and one time the water completely stopped working for about 10 minutes, just a little inconvenient, but i doubt those things would be an ongoing issue for anyone else thinking about staying there.

I would suggest this hotel as a nice, more quiet but still prime location for someone who doesn't mind getting a little exercise during their trip. Really, just walking around the streets helps you get a feel for what San Juan is really like.

Room Tip: overlooking the pool/sun deck
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Candice M
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Great tropical experience! I wanted to surprise my partner with a great Puerto Rico experience and i sure got it. I booked this hotel through hotwire and sure didn't know what i was getting myself into. I must say i don't regret it. From the decorations, to the room, to the pool, hot tub, coqui, bar, etc.. Everything was great! I wish i can get into details, but its too much to write! Thank you Wind Chimes Inn!! I will spread the word out :-)

1  Thank Jo053184
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The Windchimes was incredible! It has the feel of a small villa in Europe and is absolutely charming. The experience is very personal and provides for a genuine experience. If you are looking for a small B&B type of place, this is it!!!! Get to know the folks that work there- they will bend over backwards for you. Excellent place, would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank kristina b
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

I loved this place right when I walked up. From the lovely man at the front who carried our luggage in and to our rooms, to the cute pool and outside entrance to our room. Great price and is located right by the beach!

1  Thank BareFootBlondie
Reviewed 14 July 2013

The room was comfortable and clean, the venue is nicely decorated, with a very strong island/Spanish feel.
The site is very clean and I just adored their spoiled rotten pet cat that followed me in, sniffed around, made himself comfortable on my bed and took a nap! Cat lovers heaven.
The staff is cordial and friendly. Just a block from the beach, I would stay in this adorable place again.

The only pet peeve is the lack of parking. But you can park on the street. It is a first come, first serve and you may end up walking several blocks to your car.

Room Tip: I stayed on the entrance level, the same level where the pool is. I loved it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My son booked this on some sort of time share gimmick. What a great surprise! I like staying in a historic place, rather than a chain hotel. There must have been some confusion on the reservation, and they changed the room when they found out there were 3 of us, without us asking. (My son did pay for the additional person). The room was clean, the ac worked fine. The staff were ALL very friendly and accomodating. From restaurant suggestions nearby, to assistance on choosing a bio bay tour, to information on the history of the Inn, to help in parking issues. The pool was so beautiful, I was only sad we did not have time to swim - we had to cut our trip short due to a tropical storm.

Room Tip: Our room was on the street, but only an occasional big truck caused noise. The room was very spacio...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family