“Will be back to the Wind Chimes Inn.”

At Wind Chimes Boutique Hotel
Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 29 September 2009

My wife and I had a great one week stay at the Winds chimes inn. People should do a little bit of research before going and booking a trip, if you want a 5 star hotel then book a 5 star hotel. I wasn't expecting the Ritz and that's why my wife and I enjoyed our stay.

The place is very unique and charming. Great pool, great bar with William as a bartender, the rooms were a little small but cozy. Housekeeping was good also.

The customer service there was phenomenal. We were treated so nice from check in to check out. It's in a great location, one block away from a great beach. Minutes from Old San Juan and the airport. For breakfast we would travel east on Mcleary to Kasaalta cafe and bakery. The breakfast and coffee were awesome, and the pastries were marvelous.

Make sure you do a day trip to Culebra Island. The most beautiful beach I've seen so far it's Flamenco beach there. White sand, crystal clear blue water and incredible snorkeling.
Thank you Winds Chimes Inn for a great vacation, we'll be back next year.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank reycruz

Reviewed 24 September 2009

This was my first trip to PR. This Inn is located just off the beaten path, but only one block from the beach and only a short walk to local restaurants, convenience stores, and the bus-stop. The Inn is absolutely adorable. The rooms are quaint and colorful and reminiscent of the PR culture, they have all the amenities one would need, and they are clean. The courtyard was FULL of beautiful plants and flowers, as were the hallways and common areas. I was traveling alone, so I did not venture far from the Inn at night. William was my personal bartender (or so it seemed). He was courteous, pleasant and a fountain of information about the island and it's culture. He's a fantastic cook and makes the BEST pina-colada I have ever had!! My nights would have been boring without him. Jeannie at the front desk was my personal travel advisor. She was well informed of all the activities going on. She quickly made reservations for my rainforest tour, recommended a wonderful restaurant (Raices), and provided me with maps and suggestions. Between the two of them, I was made to truly feel like a guest, and not just a customer. Without them my trip would not have been as much fun. I will DEFINITELY stay at the Wind Chimes Inn again!! Thank you William and Jeannie!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank Anneoakie
Reviewed 21 September 2009

Big mistake... The place was dingy... Not one soul there.. Pool dirty and tiny.. the "Tiki" Bar was no Tiki Bar.. not one human being there. Did not look anything as advertised. Dirt all over. We had to carry our own luggage 2 flights us. We even saw a prostitute not too far from the hotel. We asked to leave right away and refund our money. The front desk girl, I believe her name was Lynette, got an attitude once we told her we wanted to leave and told us we would be charged for two nights as cancelation fees. We were out the next day. And to top it all off,, they charged me for my son being with us, as they claimed I did not add him in the package..oh..and lets not forget the tiny parking space they have which they charge you daily for. HORRIBLE..HORRIBLE...

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2009

This is a "get what you pay for" situation. It's not fancy, but it's more than adequate. My husband and I had a great time staying there. We didn't go to San Juan to hang out in the hotel, so it met all of our needs. The staff were very friendly and helpful, helping us making rental car/travel reservations, etc. The bar was available for a couple drinks before heading out in the evening. Our main complaint was with the location of our room, it was right next to the front desk and we could hear everything. Luckily (and unluckily) the air conditioning unit was very loud so it drowned out some of the commotion. But, like I said, we were only there to sleep so this didn't bother us too much.

This doesn't reflect on the hotel at all, but we wished we had stayed in Old San Juan. Condado was nice, with great restaurants and it was still close to OSJ, but it wasn't as much of the vacation experience we were looking for. I would definitely consider staying there again, but I would be sure to ask for an upstairs room.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2009

Don't bother staying here! We review this hotel on line and decided to stay her based on the photos of the inn. We chose this hotel for our 3 night weekend getaway for our anniversary. The front desk staff was unfriendly and very rude. The biggest disappointment was that the hotel bar, which was only open till 7 pm on a Fri. night and did not even open on Sat or Sun. The pool is tiny with No lounge chairs poolside and if u want sun you have to go to another area. There is No Parking for guests(3 spots in a tiny courtyard you have to pay extra for). The beach is a 2 block walk . The rooms are only average for the price of a stay here.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bcaaron
Reviewed 31 July 2009

Stayed at Wind Chimes last week with my sister. Had a very large room, the 2 queen on the ground floor. Small bathroom, but nicely done. Sleeping area large and comfortable, at least until the a/c went out - then they moved us to Acacia, and I'll also write a review there. The thing that totally disappointed me was the "kitchenette". It consisted of a single unit with 1/2 size frig, small sink, 2 burners. Lots of supplies but no coffeemaker or microwave, so I only used it to keep water cold...until the door fell off. To be fair they did fix the door. It was clean and cool when the a/c was working, and the beds were very comfortable. They were very nice about moving us to Acacia at about 10PM our third night in town, which was a definite upgrade. Overall, though, I can't give Wind Chimes the highest rating. But if you can get a good rate it's definitely do-able for a couple of nights.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2009

Great place to stay,cozy, friendly atmosphere. Staff was very helpful and pleasant.
Our room was very clean and comfortable. The Tiki Bar is nice, if you want to stay in one night great place to relax, have drinks and lounge about. You can even grab a bite at the Tiki bar. All in all we will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple