“Great Place to Hold an Event”

Doubletree by Hilton San Juan
Ranked #11 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Place to Hold an Event”
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I echo the comments of others that the Doubletree by Hilton San Juan is great for business travelers. I held a major event here and the the staff (especially Roxy) communicated in a timely manner and provided me with the best customer service. The event space was great and it is directly in view of the main entrance, which makes it easy for guests to identify where to go. Roxy stayed late to greet me and made sure I was all set. Kudos!

Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank JenniP367

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
Trinidad
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I stayed at the Double Tree Hotel in San Juan Puerto Rico from the 8-12 September 2011 and absolutely loved it.

The hotel is well mantained, the staff was friendly and the chocolate chip cookie was awesome!!! Yum...... it's so good you almost want to check in again the next day to get another cookie.....anyway moving along.. :-)

Upon check-in my room was spanking clean! The rooms are tastefully decorated, modern, and did I say clean? Well I'm saying it again!

The food at the Michael's Bistro is tasty, so if you're thinking of dining in, you will not be dissapointed.

The hotel is also in a good location, is more or less 10 minutes from the airport, Old San Juan (by bus) and about 5 minutes cab drive from Plaza las Americas (this mall is a treat....a MUST check out). Cabs from the hotel to these locations run you bewteen $15 - $20.

All in all, I am extremely happy that I stayed there and will do so again the next time that I am in Puerto Rico.

Thanks guys for a great stay!

Trinidad!

Room Tip: I stayed in a standard room and had no problem
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Fall River, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We stayed at the Doubletree last week on vacation. The hotel is very nice, clean and check-in was seamless. Pool is small but clean. Hot tub in nice too. There is a market across the street, but beware, prices are not like the states. It is about a 5 minute walk to a downtown area where there is another stretch of bars, restaurants and shops. Pinky's is awesome (a local eatery) Its a walk though so be prepared with sneakers. We made use of the LaConcha last few days (their sister hotel) which is about a 10 minute walk but worth it. Way better hotel, pool area (2 of them) and beach. DO NOT eat at the hotels, very expensive. $6.00 a beer and i think one day i paid $9.50 for a Pina Colada. All in all Doubletree was a nice experience, only complaint is they charged us a "resort fee" on our check out day for the week. Next time we visit San Juan we will stay at a resort though. It rained one day and we were stuck in the hotel. Cabs aout there are 20 bucks where ever you go.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank princessnoleah
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I would recommend the San Juan Doubletree hotel for anyone traveling ro Puerto Rico. The hotel really caters to the business traveller. It has a very nice breakfast buffet every morning and is conveniently located close to all the major roads in San Juan. In addition it is in Condado which means you are within walking distance to some of the best restaurants in Puerto Rico. This location also means that you are close to the beaches and the airport. The best thing about tre Doubletree is the staff. They are all very friendly and professional. I get the same service at the Doubletree as if I were staying at a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Moconnor4485
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Reviewed 15 September 2011

when we checked into the Doubletree by Hilton on 12th September we believed that we were going to live temporarily on our short vacation in a reputed hotel .The hotel is nothing short of a disaster .We were greeted and handed our 2 room keys , at about ten pm when we couldnt get into one of the rooms , we reached out to the reception and were greeted by an uncouth person named peter , who refused to send help to see why we couldnt enter the room ..(we had 2 rooms booked amd were calling him from one of our existing rooms)He was rude and refused to issue the key to my hubby , and insisted to see me as apprently the hotel had entered the room undermy name.I left my infant kids howling because Peter as he mentioned was simply doing a security check....I have booked 2 rooms and cant enter one , at past ten pm , so whats the security threat.He seemed very upset to be questioned , and almost like a bully , refused to help now .I stood there helpless , at peters mercy coz obviously he seemed to have mental issues !!!he at me raising my voice in anguish now said that "suit yourself" and some more offensive words and when his colleague walked in to get him to keep his mouth shut , he walked away with a laugh , and sarcastically joked with another by stander with whom he was chitchatting.I am appauled to see that a guest is actually told to "suit themselves" when they are askig for theie room keys .When i nformed the Operations manager he sent us cookies .First peter treated me like a child and then the operations manager sent us cookies.Peter didnt apologise , infact smirked everytime we walked through the reception.Bo the operatons manager obviously was trying his level best to cover up the ill mannered staff , who shamelessly got away with his horendous attitide.
Our key again stopped functioning the next day , and were informed that if kept next to a cell phone it wouldnt function.How can a brand name like doubletree by hilton funcion in such a disorderly and unprofesional way.Where the staff tells theguests off and still doesnt get questioned??If you have one bit of integrity give your business to those who respect your $$$ and treat you with respect.Obviously Peter the front desk receptionsit seemed a guy who was uneducated and came from th slums , or else who would talk to a guest , at past ten pm in raised voices, blackmail them into not giving the room keys , refuse to assist and still be back on his seat .....A hotel like that is bound t close down....after all its that one rotten apple that spoils the bunch.I usually never take the effort to write complainsbut the humiliation i was put through by peter is worth letting everyone know.

Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Garyandseema
DoubletreeSanJuan, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, 17 September 2011
Dear Garyandseema,
The security of our guests is extremely important to us, but as discussed the situation could have been handled differently considering your special needs. The cookies, milk and the plush toy animals for your children and the fruit basket and wine for you and your husband, was sent as a small gesture to show that we wish our guests to have the best possible experience while staying with us, however, I am fully aware does not make up for your disappointment.

Bo Bramsen
Operations Manager
bo.bramsen@hilton.com
Canada
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We stayed here after a cruise. I had issues with my luggage coming off the ship. The lady at the front desk was empathetic and soothed my anxiety with one of their infamous worm cookies. Everyone we encountered in the hotel were excellent. We dined in the restaurant near the front lobby and it too was top notch. Our room was clean. The first thing we did was have a wolf gang coffee which was better than the average hotel coffee iside our hotel room. The lost luggage was quickly forgotten and we proceeded to have an amazing day in St. Juan.
I would definitely stay there again. Thanks to fellow reviewers for making this an easy choice and I definitely concur with the majority of positive reviews.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 00happytraveller00_9
Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Away from the "strip" in San Juan, it is next to a supermarket and has several restaurants to choose from. Need a car if your going sight seeing. More of a local hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family