“5-Star Treatment & Facility” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Doubletree by Hilton San Juan

Doubletree by Hilton San Juan
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“5-Star Treatment & Facility”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

My sister and I stayed overnight at the DoubleTree at the end of our cruise. This hotel is beautiful, and the staff is awesome! From Antonio's greeting and handling of our bags at the door to being escorted to the front desk to the free drinks we were given while waiting for our room to be available (we were there early), we were treated as if we were staying at the Ritz-Carlton. Actually, I imagine the staff was a lot friendlier at the DoubleTree than they would be at any snooty hotel! Plus, the warm cookie at check-in was incredible and hit the spot for two weary cruisers.

The room was comfortable and immaculate with a very nice TV with excellent channel selections. The bathroom in our room was striking. Clean and minimal with glass, chrome, and wood. The pool area was small but beautiful, and there was plenty of nice seating at the pool area and in front of the hotel. My sister smokes, and she felt very safe and welcome smoking in the lounge area in front of the hotel. I appreciated the free in-room WiFi as well as the fast Internet and quality printer in the Business Center.

Additionally, there were several nice eateries within a very short walking distance. We ate at Bebos, which is an inexpensive local place about 1.5 short blocks from the hotel. It was recommended by the staff, and it was excellent.

What I was most appreciative of during our stay was that our 5:30 a.m. departure didn't throw off anyone. There was cheerful staff at the front desk to assist us with check-out, and the valet helped us with a taxi. I was afraid we'd be on our own at such an early hour, but the DoubleTree staff took good care of us as we started our trip home. Their care was greatly appreciated!

I wish we had scheduled a couple of days just to be pampered at the DoubleTree. I've already recommended it to 2 people here in Oklahoma City, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a good place to stay in San Juan. It's particularly good for people catching a cruise in San Juan because it's about half-way between the pier and the airport.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites at the front end of our cruise, and there were several small issues with our stay that made us appreciate the DoubleTree even more. When I visit San Juan again (and I will!), I will definitely stay at the DoubleTree for my entire visit.

Room Tip: We stayed on the side facing the street on the 5th floor (room 510), plus it was by the elevator, an...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank DonnaOKC
DoubletreeSanJuan, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, 24 November 2012
Hola DonnaOKC,
Thank you for your kind review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us after your cruise and that our staff was able to assist you with all your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if I can be of any further assistance.

bo.bramsen@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
Burke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

The hotel was very clean. The customer service and valet guys extremely polite and very helpful with directions. A little further from main old town but overall I will stay at this hotel again. The down side is parking was very pricey for $16 a day.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lizJN
glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

Stayed at the Doubletree for one night post transatlantic cruise. Booked it based on the reviews by Tripadvisor members.
On arrival, we were met by Antonio, who greeted us in a very friendly manner and took care of our luggage.
Check in was very quick and friendly, and even though we arrived at the hotel about 08.30, we were given access to our room right away. We were surprised and delighted with this. Excellent customer service.
The room was spacious, comfortable, and spotlessly clean. Full marks to the maid service.
Another plus for this hotel is the free internet access. We did not travel with a laptop, and were pleasantly surprised to find we had free access to a computer room just off reception with computers supplied. Brilliant....why can't all hotels offer this service?
We did not eat in the hotel as we like to eat in local restaurants. The hotel is only a short walk from Ashford, which has plenty of food outlets.
Did not receive our chocolate chip cookie on arrival....will ask for two the next time as we will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank GlasgowRobbo
Hola GlasgowRobbo,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your kind review. I was happy to read that you had a fantastic stay with us and that we were able to provide you with early check-in. I have shared your comments with Antonio, who was thrilled to know of the positive impact he had on your stay. I am sorry you did not receive our delicious DoubleTree cokie. I will make sure to give you extras when you return. Please feel free to contact me at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if I can be of any future assistance.

Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

I stayed here during the week of October 9, 2012. The Hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. I was not disappointed and enjoy the stay very much. The location of the Hotel was exellent and close to the places I visited during my stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Skyrunner64
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

Phenomenal place to stay. Retro acted our aaa membership at checkout. Helped us find tours from the city. Very helpful. cookies at checkin are pretty dang good too! We used E&B tours, also great experience. Would stay again...in a heartbeat.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Josh D
DoubletreeSanJuan, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, 22 November 2012
Hola Josh D,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your kind review. I was happy to see that we were able to assist you with finding tours to go explore the island. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if I can be of further assistance.

Herndon, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

Stayed here the weekend of 11/17/12 and had a great experience. The staff was friendly, the room was very clean, well appointed and ready before scheduled check-in. Though the pool area is small, it is very pretty. If you desire a beach experience, the Doubletree has an agreement with La Concha resort so that Doubletree guests have free use of the beach and amenities offered there. We had a perfect day on the beach at La Concha - just an easy 15 minute walk from the hotel - beachside wait staff, lounge chairs, umbrellas and local music from the park next door! The only place the hotel came up short was the buffet breakfast. It was basic and not very tasty for $16. I would definitely stay here again and hope to soon!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank S1traveler
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

The best hotel facility in town. Due to work requirements I had the need to stay in San Juan several times during this year (2012). Every single time the Doubletree's friendly staff had met my expectations providing great service. The hotel meeting facilities and the rooms are very modern and clean. The queen size bed is pretty comfortable and adequate for a great night of sleep. I love the breakfast every morning and the room service menu is pretty good. A larger area for dining would be even nicer. In a recent visit, The Assistant Manager, Omar Ramos was very helpful and professional providing assistance and alternatives with our training meeting. Rosa Desarden was also invaluable in locating rooms for additional staff coming into San Juan in short notice. I will come back with my family for a vacation pretty soon.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Jose H
Hola Jose H,
Thank you for staying with us during your visits to the island. I was happy to read that we lived up to your expectations and provided you with great service during all your stays. I have shared your comments with Omar and Rosa, who were both excited to hear the positive impact they had on your stays. I look forward to welcoming you back during your next visits whether you are coming for work or vacation. Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if I can be of any future assistance.