Doubletree by Hilton San Juan
  • Beachfront
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
2,966 results
All reviewsdouble treemurphy bedgrocery store across the streethour supermarketwarm cookiescafe pierrebebo's cafeself parkingpool and hot tubbusiness centerpool areaopen hoursfew blocksvery nice hotelresort feepre cruise stayfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We were not originally planning on staying in San Juan, but a bug infestation at our condo somehwere else forced us to relocate during the peak week of Puerto Rico's tourist season. I called everywhere, hoping to be on the beach. The only hotel with an opening was Doubletree. Well, we got really lucky. The Doubletree is awesome. We walked into the lobby after three days in a horrible place, and I instantly relaxed. The Doubletree is in a very walkable location, and we walked to several great restaurants. (Blonda, Pinky's and Ummo- one more on Calle Wilson traditional PR food can't remember name) The Cafe Pierre in the lobby was good for dinner as well. We had a pool view room with a king bed in the garden wing which is smaller and quieter- only two floors. Our room was very large, and immaculate. I was so happy. I am a little crazy, so I always pull back the sheets and do a bedbug check. I pulled back the sheets, and it was the cleanest mattress I have ever seen in all my years of travel. We used the pool daily, and it is lovely. My only suggestion is to play some background music to cover the humming of hotel machines. I would absolutely stay at the Doubletree again. The rates are so reasonable considering the location and the rooms. We loved it.

Room Tip: If the rooms with balconies in the garden wing are available, get them. They open into an outside pool level. Like having your own little patio,
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank momwantstotravel
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Not sure why this hotel is #2, but its a great place to spend a couple of days. A long walk to the beach, but you can use the beachfront property of la Concha Hotel. Not sure if I like the weird bath door set up in the room. Other than that, I will go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Viajero736
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We really liked this hotel. Upon check-in, we were given two delicious cookies. We asked for some directions in the neighborhood and got informative answers, which was excellent as this was our first trip to San Juan. The pool area is gorgeous and there are lots of nice seating areas both in the lobby and outside the front doors. Our hotel room had high ceilings and big windows. The bathroom was well-appointed with Crabtree and Evelyn Citron toiletries. Shower had two shower heads and was very spacious. The only reason I haven't given the hotel full marks is that it's a bit far out from old San Juan. It's a flat rate $17 taxi ride to get into the city. You can take a local bus (bus stop is right outside the hotel) but we waited over 45 minutes for it to come so that's not a great option.

2  Thank Mermaid929
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Doubletree Hotel - Avenida de Diego, San Juan Puerto Rico

My husband and I arrived on an early morning flight on December 28. Although I had requested for an early check-in, we weren't lucky. Word of advise, if you're traveling during peak or holiday season, don't opt for an early arrival. Unless you are one of those who hit the ground touring on the day of arrival, you'll probably be like us stuck in a hotel lobby waiting for room availability. In fairness to Doubletree, standard check-in is at 3:00 pm. We were given our room at around noon.
We stayed a total of 3 nights. Our room was clean; toiletries provided were from Evelyn and Crabtree. Wifi in the room had strong connection. This was a big plus in my book since I use my Ipad a lot. Hotel staff were personable and courteous.
Another plus was the SuperMax grocery right across the street. The grocery is open 24 hours and has a deli section that serves breakfast until around 10 am then switches to lunch entrees. After 8 pm the warm food selections are limited to pizza and roast chicken (similar to what's sold at Safeway). Cold deli selections consist of salads, wraps and cold cuts sold by the gram. Liquor , wine and beer selection is quite extensive although I did notice that Johnny Walker, Jack Daniels and sake were $10 to $15 higher than prices in mainland USA.
In a corner section inside SuperMaxwas a small Banco Popular banking center with an ATM machine. In Puerto Rico, there are no bank locations for Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Chase, or Citibank. This was an "ah hah" moment for me considering that Puerto Rico is a US territory and the national currency is the US dollar. Your only means to access cash is through Banco Popular or generic ATM machines. Transaction fees vary; my transaction fee set me back $4.
There are a number of restaurants within walking distance of the Doubletree. The more popular restaurants and nightlife are on Ashford Avenue a longer walk from Doubletree. If you're looking for a livelier night scene, the Doubletree may not be an ideal location (opt for Candado Hilton, Radisson, or other hotels lining Ashford Avenue.
Doubletree is also quite a distance from the airport or Old San Juan. I noticed that the cab drivers did not use the meter. Cab fare between airport to Doubletree was $21. Cab fare to Old San Juan was $18; return trip was $15.
All in all our stay at Doubletree was pleasant. Our bill included a resort fee (fully disclosed by the hotel) which we did not use. I would consider staying here again.

2  Thank sycalopz
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Greeted with warm chocolate chip cookies! That is the way to my heart! Great location for the cruise port . Room was very nice , with lots of updates, clean, coffee maker , well worth the money for staying in San Juan.
Great service, staff was very helpful in getting us a taxi. Free internet is always a plus. Would definitely reccommend it .

1  Thank SeeGodsWorld