“bad attitude and bad service”

Doubletree by Hilton San Juan
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
San Diego, United States
“bad attitude and bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

The front desk people, had a bad attitude all the time, didn't help me at all, wanted a tour and they didn't support me I end up taking a tour by myself. lost my key and the front desk guy was rude. My room cleanest was very poor. leave a towel in the floor and find it in the same place. In general my hotel experience was bad, will never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

2 Thank Maria S
YMCSanJuan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Saludos MariaS,

I can assure you that what you have expressed in your review does not represent our service culture, we believe that our strongest asset is our people and their caring nature for our guests. Please do contact me at yodil.caban@hilton.com or at my cell 787-649-3530, so we can discuss further and I can apologize personally.

Doubletree by Hilton San Juan At Gallery Plaza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

THIS HOTEL. Omg can i even begin to describe how am beaming right now as i write this review. I stayed here for 5 days with my fiance' and every min. of it was just wonderful. From the min i walked in an smell the fresh flowers in the lobby(which they changed everyday by the way) i was just in heaven from then on. The staff was sooo helpful and polite, always smiling, always offering to do anything. Miguel especially, he really made it memerable. The room was super clean and the linens were fresh, the maid service took care of our mess everday, (thanks Emna!) i walked into a clean room. :-) Everything is super close the 24 supermarket across the street was just what we needed, the beach is 2 blocks away. I was also able to get my Starbucks in the morning which was just wonderful. The neighbood is what really got me most, the stores are so close and full of friendly happy tan people, anything we needed we were able to get. The Pool area is just fabulous, is nice and quiet, ideal for couples, christian and juan were always right there when we needed a pina coloda to cool down with after a dip in the whirlpool. The food was awesome, the room service was always on time, even when i ordered after hours the staff looked out. I will DEFINETLEY be back, if i ever go to San Juan i will never stay at another hotel. The staff and atmosphere made it so memerable and i would not change a thing! :-) Book this hotel people! You will not be dissappointed. :-)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ang L
YMCSanJuan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Saludos Ang L,

Thank you for being our guest and for this wonderful review. We are truly happy that your experience was so positive and you were able to enjoy San Juan and all of the comfort of our hotel. Thank you as well for recognizing the efforts of our staff, this means so much to us as a team and our guest-centric culture. If we can be of service to you in any way please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 1-877-926-3030 or by e-mail at reservations@sjdoubletree.com.

Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

We used this hotel after being on the Caribbean cruise and stayed for 5 nights wished we had only stayed 1 good check in but asked if we could have a garden room and we would pay more as the room we were in was very dull and we felt hemmed in. They said they would get back to us but never did. Complained every night about the noise coming from the room above us but nothing was done and we just had to put up with it, Returned to the room after being out for the day and the dirty bedding was just left on the bedroom floor. The breakfast was off poor standard I ordered tea and my god it was the smallest teapot I have ever seen more like a milk jug, I went to get buffet breakfast and all the containers that the food was under was empty and we had to wait for it to be replenished and when it did come it was cold . We did not eat in the hotel after that we ate at silks restraunt next door which was fab.If you like to sleep late forget it as the cleaning staff knock on your door if you have not put sign on the door and even then the noise in the corridor is realy bad I know a lot of people rant about this hotel but definitely not to the standard that we are used to.

Room Tip: ask for a garden room then you don't have the noise of other guests
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank patriciaw61
YMCSanJuan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Saludos patriciaw61,

We greatly apologize for the for the inconveniences that you have described. I would like to further discuss your stay, please contact me at yodil.caban@hilton.com or you can call me on my cell 787-649-3530 at your earliest convenience. It is our obligation to constantly deliver the same outstanding service, for which we are known for and I am terribly sorry we failed you during your stay. I am with hope, that you would contact me and give us an opportunity to redeem our hotel.

Cookeville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Wow! All the reviews I read about this hotel were correct! It is very modern, well decorated, clean, and has a helpful staff. We stayed 2 nights before our cruise and one night after it. You get wonderful chocolate chip cookies when checking in and any other time you want one. The food is very good in the restaurant on site. We ate a dinner and a lunch there. The beds are very comfortable also. We will definitely stay again! And there is a supermarket across the street which was fun to browse! A bus pick up is right beside the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank titansfan27
Saludos titansfan27,

Thank you for staying with us and for this great review. We truly appreciate your positive comments and are delighted to read that you we will definitely stay with us again. We do look forward to welcoming you back and if we can assist you in any way please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 1-877-926-3030 or by e-mail at reservations@sjdoubletree.com.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

My boyfriend and I just spent 10 days here, and I give the Doubletree my highest recommendation. Our stay started off right when Juan gave us fresh-baked cookies as we checked in after a long day flying in from California. (Juan was also a great help setting us up with tours around the island all during our stay. Thanks, Juan!) The room itself was neat and well-maintained (thanks, Carmen!) and roomy, and most importantly, the bed was very comfortable. The hotel has a nice pool and a huge, deep whirlpool hot tub which might have been more comfortable cooled down 10 degrees, if I'm being honest. There's a nice-looking gym next to the pool. I never saw anyone use it, though, and it was locked the only time I tried to go in. I'm sure the front desk would have let me in, but I didn't bother. The neighborhood is a mix of well-maintained and abandoned properties, but there is a wealth of nice restaurants in easy walking distance. The hotel isn't on the beach, but the beach is within easy walking distance. There's a Starbucks in the complex, a Chinese restaurant (Silk), an American-style restaurant (Pierre's) in the hotel, where we had breakfast every day (hi, Zoiana!) and one dinner. There's also a Godiva chocolate store right there in the lobby. There's a full-service grocery store across the street, and the fabulous Museum of Art of Puerto Rico is just a short walk north of the hotel. And there is a fine-dining restaurant (Laurel) in the museum. Pricy, but excellent! I picked this hotel because they promoted their pillowtop beds, and because they don't have a casino on site, so it's not noisy or smoky. The amenities and uniformly pleasant, friendly staff make this hotel a jewel that I would definitely recommend to anyone and would return to myself any time.

Room Tip: I was in a king room on the "third" floor facing the pool. Lovely, but what they call the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Frank94114
Saludos Frank94114,

It was so great to read your review and know that you would definitely recommend us to anyone! We appreciate you taking the time to submit a review and thank you for recognizing our staff. We will share your comments with all of them, as they will be very happy to know that they were able to positively impact your stay. If we can assist you in any way please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 1-877-926-3030 or by e-mail at reservations@sjdoubletree.com.

Caguas, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Room service was inappropriate and left door open for the first night. Also, There was too much noise and front desk was not very friendly. Room smell very bad and humidity is too high. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone. It is not appropriate and need to improve a lot.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

4 Thank Raymond R
Saludos Raymond R,

We greatly apologize for the unnecessary frustrations you have described in your review. Our goal is not only to meet guests' expectations, but to exceed them. We are terribly sorry we failed to do so on your visit. I would love the chance to further discuss your stay, so I can ensure the proper corrections are made. Please reach out to me at yodil.caban@hilton.com or you can call me on my cell 787-649-3530 at your earliest convenience.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here either end of our cruise on Carnival Valor,checked in with ease and free cookies : )
The rooms are excellent and ensuite bathrooms are really nice,we had no flooding from the showers as others have complained.we didn't dine in the hotel so can't comment on the food,it was Mothers Day (second one this year as we're British lol)on our second day and the hotel had live music while guests dined in the foyer(lobby).
The hotel is in walking distance of the beach(exit hotel turn right and take the first turn to the right,cross the road and take the next left and walk straight down to the end of the road take the next right and then next left,go through the park and onto the beach).
The local area is rough to say the least,lots of derelict buildings,10-15 minute walk to Condado to restaurants,we ate in the Chinese,poor to say the least,would need to send someone from our local Chinese restaurants from Northern Ireland to improve the menu!
Witnessed a rat running along the overhead wires in the street which was amusing lol.
Can't get over all these porters about either at the hotel or the ship,we're quite capable of finding the taxi ranks and moving our own luggage,thanks.
Lovely looking pool and gym which we didn't use,it rained on our last day.
Overall great hotel,wish I could say the same about San Juan.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple