“Clean, neat, and friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Doubletree by Hilton San Juan

Doubletree by Hilton San Juan
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Wichita, Kansas
“Clean, neat, and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights. We were supposed to stay 3 nights but our flight was delayed a whole day, and since we prepaid they would not refund us the night we did not stay. So, don't prepay! Otherwise it was a nice stay. We went across the street to the super 99 store, but the security guard would not let us park there so we had to pay $15 a night for the parking garage. There was nowhere else to park. We walked a couple blocks to the park and beach. Not a bad walk. There were also a few good restaurants close by as well. The front desk helped us with where to go and were always friendly.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Beckyj316

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

So we were in San Juan, PR for a wedding this past week at the Caribe Hilton. We first made reservations for the Caribe Hilton so we would be closer to the ceremony. However we decided to change our reservations at the last minute. This was the best decision ever. While all of the other wedding party were complaining about their stay at the Caribe Hilton and Condado Plaza Hilton, we were bragging about all the great experiences with the staff and the facility at the Doubletree by Hilton. When I arrived to check in after a long flight and a very INTERESTING trip from the rental car facility, I was greeted by the happy the valet guys. They explained the parking SITUATION to me for the whole island. Kevin was awesome. I entered a very appealing lobby area and as I approached the desk I was greeted by PETER. PETER was awesome and he is to be compared to Superman. Peter explained all fees included in the stay, offered great advice on restaurants, and made us feel privileged to be at the hotel. The room was up-to-date and very clean. The Cafe has great food and great staff with a bar. The staff at the desk were very nice. The cleaning crew was very nice. The valet was very nice. The courtyard/mini rain forest was equipped with a kiddie pool, Adult Pool and Hot tub.Also the Cafe delivered pool side. The Starbucks and YeloSpa are very close. The grocery store and good restaurants are in walking distance. You are less than a mile from 26 which takes you straight to the airport Walking distance to the beach and less than a mile to Avenida Ashford/Ashford AVE (which is considered the strip and also takes you to Old San Juan. I am experienced traveler and this was my best hotel stay yet. I highly recommend this hotel and it will be our first choice when we come to PR.God bless all of you.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

You're probably reading this review because you're trying to decide whether its worth staying at this hotel. I would say yes, based on the vast majority of reviews. From my experience though, I probably wouldn't stay here again. My experience with the front desk staff is what ruined it for me. The amenities weren't fully explained when I checked in, and with one exception, they were not very receptive to questions/did not seem happy to answer questions and gave dismissive/short answers. I told this to a manager at check out and he was very apologetic, which is a plus.

OK, now that that's out of the way. Everything else was alright. The room I stayed in was pretty small, I had a room with a single queen bed. The room otherwise was very nice, with a small sitting chair and a desk with a chair. The room was very modern, yet comfortable, and the bathroom was excellent, with a nice glass shower. The hotel has wifi, which is included with your room rate. You get two free bottles of water a day and coffee in your room. They also have free coffee in the lobby in the mornings. The walk to the beach is a real walk, a couple blocks at least and you have to cross a sometimes busy street. There is towel service at the beach during certain hours, but I just carried my own towels from the pool area. The pool itself was not very large, but the pool area was a good size and there was also a hot tub. There is a grocery store across the street which has fresh prepared food and a bakery. If you need a hotel with a restaurant, the hotel has Café Pierre. The wait staff there was one of the highlights of my trip. They were super nice! I was traveling by myself and so conversation at the bar was a must, thanks Vicente, Christian, Oscar, Juan and Jorge! The food itself was fairly priced and always more than I could finish, even from the kids menu. Everything tasted good, except the chocolate chip bread pudding-- don't order it because it didn't have any chocolate chips.... The porters/bellhops were nice too-- Antonio, I think was the one who helped me a couple times with recommendations-- thank you!

Getting to and from the hotel for sightseeing was an issue. A cab ride to Old San Juan cost me $17 not including tip. If you are interested in how to take the bus to Old San Juan from this hotel, just message me and I can give you details. All in all, I was not wowed, the hotel seemed much less grand than the pictures made it seem-- everything was on the small side-- but again, it does have some pluses, and I would recommend giving it a try.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank harvesttraveler
YMCSanJuan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Saludos Harvesttraveler,

It was really nice to read that the team at Café Pierre took good care of you during stay with us and that you would recommend us to future guests. I must apologize for the interaction that you have described with our front desk. With all of the great urban resort amenities that we have, such as Yelo Spa, Starbucks, Restaurants, Bar and our exclusive Beach Club at Ocean Park Beach it is important that we provide our guests with the needed information, for them to have a great time. I do hope that you consider staying with as again, if so please contact us directly at 1-877-926-3030 or by e-mail at reservations@sjdoubletree.com.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

The Doubletree location was perfect. It's across the street from a grocery store. There's a gas station across from it if you rent a car. You are 2.5 blocks away from the beach. There are a few bars in the area. The hotel bar Cafe Pierre serves the best Strawberry Mojito's. I forgot the servers name but she served us well. I was there everyday for Happy Hour.

The hotel's rooms are spacious. The bathroom were clean. The view of the pool was nice as well. Very quiet place which is nice if you want to grab a nap or sleep during the night.
The front desk helped out immensely. I needed to book a last minute excursion and the lady hooked it up.

Room Tip: We got the King size bed room which was up a floor or two. Very quiet.
2 Thank Brad C
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

The hotel is extremely modern, yet cozy, and the staff is very friendly and prepared. It's a unique combination of city living and tropical ambience. There is a great supermarket across the street from the hotel, and a Starbucks close by, which made my stay even more comfortable. My experience was relaxing. It's definitely a good place to unwind.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

3 Thank Alva C
Saludos Alva C,

Thank you for your review our hotel. We appreciate your high ratings and hope it won't be too long before your next stay. If we can be of service to you in any way please contact us directly at 1-877-926-3030 or by e-mail at reservations@sjdoubletree.com.

Irving, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

The staff is FANTASTIC, no matter who you meet from the front door to the check out! I have spent 4 weeks at the hotel and will be spending more time as I work on a project near the hotel. I have begun to feel at home! Thanks!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

3 Thank Brenda K T
YMCSanJuan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Saludos BrendaKT,

It is such a joy to read that you feel right at home with us. Thank you for sharing and if we can be of service to you in any way please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-877-926-3030 or by e-mail at reservations@sjdoubletree.com.

Holladay, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Sharply designed property, very convenient to downtown San Juan. Very good breakfast buffet. Very attentive staff. Very good gym. Staff seems very eager to help with any problems. Taxis are always available.

1 Thank Ken B