“Terrible” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #43 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Terrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

This hotel looks great when you first walk in, but once you walk into the room it’s a totally different story. They need serious renovation. I was very disappointed when I saw the rug with stains everywhere, hard bed sheets and old fashion TV. The room looked old and sad. You can find a better hotel within the area for about the same price. Now the independent restaurant was wonderful. If you like seafood, this is a great place to dine and to relax as it’s in front of the ocean. Will never come back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Paddleboarding123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

My Father and I stayed here from 4/30 - 5/5/13. We had no complaints as we literally only slept at hotel and visited pool area 1 morning. Room 907 on 9 floor was clean and faced ocean. I read previous reviews regarding musty smell bit did not smell any odors. Would have been nice if lobby restaurant was open for breakfast as we had to find breakfast nearby. Overall a good stay at a reasonably priced hotel on the Condado strip!

Room Tip: Select a high floor ocean view room away from elevator
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

I stood in this hotel for 4 days and it wasn't so bad. Yes what I read on the reviews were true, but I was comfortable. Staff were pleasant. Although I traveled alone, I felt safe. A lot of families. Plenty of restaurants to eat in the area. Buses available if your not driving. Did the Bacardi Tour and El Morro and it was great! They took you to old San Juan and was able to eat and visit a few shops. For $55 we did a lot and had fun!!!!!!!!
You get what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2013
Wappingers Falls, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

2 females and 3 small children (1,4,6) traveling from wappingers falls NY, booked w/ orbitz, excellent price. Hotel was notified we would arrive late n we needed a crib. Beautiful entrance, fabulous view. unprofessional evening staff. Hallway smells freshly painted w/ old paint (asthmatic children) room had a wet/mold smell. None of the lights worked. W/ attitude a 2nd room was given. Hold on to your seat: no curtains, no garbage can, no remote control, no operating phone, two towels for 5 individuals. Waited over an hour for crib (cardboard chipping) notified Orbitz about the harsh treatment, they contacted Jessica at s.j.b hotel. I was promised the room would have every complaint satisfied. I was blown away when I returned the following evening. Not only did they "NOT" do what was promised, room service never stopped in!!! I did not bother talking to anyone at hotel, just notified Orbitz again. We checked out the following day w 3 days n valet parking reimbursement. Morning staff, was excellent n kind very apologetic. Found out the room I was given was still under construction!! How dare evening staff put us in that room n sign out with a clear conscious.

Room Tip: Be clear on what you need, double check prior to arriving that your request are meet, don't be a...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
new orleans,la
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

No complaints. The renovations are complete and the double rooms are very spacious. I loved my stay,thanks for the lovely front desk service!economical and fair prices.the pool is gorgeous and the view is amazing. This boutique hotel is a must. Don't expect it to be too modern but it did well for my needs. That's all that matters:)

• Stayed April 2013
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

My wife make the reservation without my consent cause we were't together. Now, that i've been trying to go back with her, she asked me to go. I saw the reviews here and the pictures and i felt like, are you going to this place? She went on saturday and told me that everything in there was fine. I went on sunday and came to the same conclusion. A good, not expensive hotel, well located and with friendly working there.

• Stayed April 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed over after a cruise. We booked it on Priceline, great price, room was pretty nice and it was on the Beach as well. Got a great deal back to the airport as well. We only stayed the night as it was cheaper than flying home the day before.

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor, very quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple