San Juan Beach Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$183
US$379
US$283
US$241
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2010

I had purchased 2 nights at this hotel on an internet site... But, when we got to the hotel, I had to call the site and cancel the reservation and fight for my money back beacuse this hotel was absolute HELL! I have never seen anything like this. The photos are VERY deceiving... Beware! DO NOT STAY HERE! I am normally very opne to everything and have stayed in very cheap hotels before... this was beyond anything I can possibly describe!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2010

I don't have photos like some of the other reviewers, but this place was crappy.
My room smelled like mildew, as did the hallway and elevator. The wifi frequently didn't work. The website makes this look like a pretty nice hotel, and I will say that the staff were nice, and the bar looked nice, but the rest of it was awful.
The location wasn't bad, but there are plenty of places in San Juan that are well located.
I will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2010

This hotel is a health hazard.
From the quality of the lifts to the state of the bedrooms, this hotel is to be avoided at all costs. It is safer to sleep in the building site on the other side of the road that gives this hotel its so called Lagoon View option.
The details say the hotel was renovated in 2009. This is not true, only the downstairs areas have been done. DO NOT BE CONNED BY THE GLITZY WEBSITE OR THE POOL AREA! (Not one of the chairs or recliners around the pool were complete and servicable).
On arrival one is pleasantly surprised at the refit but as soon as the lift doors open on the accommodation floor, you immediately know you have made a big mistake. The coridors are dark and grubby and the fittings date back tonthe 50s. On entering my room, none of the lights worked so I had to wait for several bulbs and plugs to be replaced. The room was dark, damp and electrical fittings would be condemned under UK standards.
I booked a Lagoon View .... sounds nice?? The lagoon is a stretch of water the other side of the busy main road and can only be seen as there is a building site/ car park on the oposite side of the road. This should have been described as MainRoad and Skip View!!
Then I saw the bathroom... There was black mould on the shower curtains, the bath was dirty and the taps were a health hazard. The bathroom ceiling was even worse, dripping with black spores and mould. Musty smells were from both bathroom and bedroom.
Could it get worse????
Yes it could... Below is a nightclub/bar and taxis collecting and dropping people off using their horns thoughout the night was only drowned by the ancient air conditioning.
Did this spoil my night's sleep???
No, it couldn't as none of the bolts were fitted to the bed frame so the bed collapsed one side during the night anyway!
The promised Breakfast before 10.30 had ran out of juice, coffee and any food by 10.05 though once the other problems were brought to the attention of the hopeless manager, he promised to get me some breakfast.. This was later changed to $4.99 so I could go down the street in the heavy rain for a Breakfast at Subway. Neither materialised so I went without.... thankful for a bottle of water I had left from my long flight the day before.
Surely this couldn't get worse???
Yes it could!!! I checked out the hotel at 11am and headed to my Cruise on Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas, -- That afternoon my neck and chest broke out into a fungal rash that spoilt the rest of my 2 week holiday sailing the Atlantic to Barcelona and then home to London. I still have patches on my chest that now won't tan over and I need to see a skin specialist.
Would I recommend this hotel to a friend...?? Not even to my worse enemy as he could easily sue me for negligence or malice.

Avoid -- Avoid -- Avoid.

ps... I left the Hotel Manager a list of my complaints and he promised to email me an explanation and an offer... however, now over 2 weeks later there has been no such response!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 May 2010

This hotel may be under some renovation, but the location in el "Condado" was perfect...everything was in walking distant. Night life was fun and I felt safe at all times. Morning walks in front of the ocean taking in the air and saying hi to other joggers or walkers priceless, and what lack in commodities was compensated by the staff from the valets to the front desks to the managers that always went the extra mile to accommodate me. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, this might not be it, but if your just going to sleep there and want want to experience the night life, plus its five minutes from Viejo San Juan and 10 minutes from the airport. this is your hotel.......

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2010

Well...I thought I the reviews were poisoned pen, heavy handed, spoiled brat comments.
We checked out May 2, 2010 and will just forfeit our second trip we have prepaid for November, 2010.

We found such a great price that we booked and prepaid for two extended weekend
stays. Don't stay at this hotel unless you find a rate of $15.00 per night or less (after taxes).
A homeless person would think this hotel is just OK.

I have figured out what is happening here. Someone got a great lease deal on this
building and is doing as little to operate as possible and using this "hotel"
as a cash cow.
Dirty, moldy, smelly, yucky. The pool area is saturated with cigarette butts. As you walk
up to the main entrance trash greets you.
If you are wondering why this hotel costs over $100.00 less than those on either side,
it's because this place is really bad...not tolerable.
This is the first time I have written a review...I feel obliged to warn other travelers.
You don't travel to San Juan to stay in a flop house, do you??

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!