“*****Acacia Boutique Hotel...AWESOME! Enough Said!*****”

Acacia Boutique Hotel
Ranked #32 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 25 May 2011

So I checked into the Acacia Boutique Hotel last week with a few friends I hadn't seen in a while and we all met up there (we're all in our late 20's)...and let me just say, theres nothing like superb Customer Service! The Director of Guest Services; Chad Siegel is just the man! He greeted us upon arriving and had cocktails in our hands within moments and just took care of everything. It was like we were famous and staying at the Waldorf Astoria or something; actually...it was better, been there done that. He hooked me and my boys up with everything we needed during our trip. Daily excursions, car rental, restaurant recommendations, night life and has soo many connections with the other hotels and cool places down there that when he took us around one night...everybody was like..Heyyyyy Chad, Whats Up Brother!? He made all sorts of arrangements for us and kept us busy in a place where we knew nothing. He made us feel like we were VIP (Even though we are, lol!) Chad took very good care of us and after all the traveling Ive done in my lifetime; which has been all over the world, Chad bar-non truly does his job the best Ive ever experienced and cant say enough great things about him. He should be recognized for his excellence and service! Only if all Directors of Guest Services and positions alike did their job like Chad...Take notes ladies and gentleman of the hospitality industry! NOW thats how to get the job done! Actually, it was pretty funny to see us and other guests competing for Chad's time; just a great dude! We ate at Niche the first night we were there (the restaurant in the Hotel) and the food was AWESOME! Its really cool when the Chef comes out from behind the kitchen to greet the people eating his food and interact with the customers. Chef actually sat down with us at the table afterwards and made us some awesome dessert that wasnt even on the menu and paired it with an after dinner drink and coffee...soooo good!. Chef Christian is young and has all the talent in the world, WE commend you Chef, great menu! Its tough competing with what us New Yorkers are so spoiled with... great food & restaurants. BTW...Chad recommended we eat breakfast one day at the hotel because they bring in REAL Bagels from NY and it was really like we were home away from home, couldn't believe it. So, if you like Bagels...make sure you have at least one breakfast there. You wont be disappointed!

We will be back! We are already planning our return for next month to kick off the summer. If anyone is thinking of taking a trip to San Juan...stay here! Beautiful lobby, nice clean rooms, AWESOME pool and a stone throw away from the beach. Great trip! Best Customer Service EVER!!! Thank you Acacia, Chad, and Chef Christian for all your hospitality! See you again soon...get ready for us, Round 2 begins soon...Ding Ding Ding

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ynossura

Reviewed 23 May 2011

We stayed at Acacia prior to a cruise for two nights. I booked it on line and there were no glitches other than the cab driver having a problem finding it but it all worked out. We had a room just off the hot tub and it had pretty much all you needed to have except seating was a problem. There was no chairs in the room and none on the balcony but we were able to secure a bar stool to use. It is only because I have back issues at times and needed to sit. The beach being close was a nice touch but again no chairs to use so we had to settle for a towel. The restaurant was very good. I have never been to San Juan and wasn't sure what to expect for value. The place was very clean, the service very good and I suppose the prices were comparable with other establishments but for $200+ a night I expected to have a least a place to sit. However I do recommend Acacia as the good outweighed the couple glitches.

Reviewed 20 May 2011

I can't say enough about this hotel and the wonderful people who work here. We decided to stay at this hotel simply due to all the reviews found here. I had a hard time believing what I was reading but honestly, its better. It just hard to put into words how GREAT this place is. Its the people who make this place. Yes, its clean. Yes, the location is perfect; we dont like big tourist traps where you get lost in the number of people. Here everyone knows and remembers your name. Rooms are fabulous and how much time do you really spend in the room? Value, incredible!!! Sleep Quality, let me say, I take perscribed meds to help me sleep otherwise I sleep for 4 hours max. I forgot those meds at home and I slept like a baby, full 8 hours!! I saved Service for the end because "ROCK STAR CHAD" is absolutely the greatest!! You can't find another place with an employee like him!! He is 1 in a million and ladies, very good to look at too!! You just let him know the things you're interested in doing and he does the rest. He even had breakfast made for us one EARLY morning and coffee ready and waiting!! His attention to detail is like no other!! You can really tell when someone loves what he does and Chad really does!! It shows!!

This place is great for families, couples and girls get aways!! Girls, you wont be sorry when you see Chad laying on the beach! He has a crazy tanning "system" that he does but if you WATCH very "Closely" you can learn a thing or two.

At the end of the trip you leave with "friends".

1  Thank Tamala143286
Reviewed 15 May 2011

From the minut we entered this Boutiue hotel we felt like comming home to be with family and friends. The building is a restored Spanish Villa dated back to the 1920th and it still maintains that eras atmosphere which is casual elegance and relaxing enviroment. The hotel is located in Condado a 10 minuts drive from old San Juan, the beach is 5 minuts walk and there is a sizabel Jacuzzi one can relax in. The Niche restaurant which is in the hotel is the best in the area.General Manager Ms. Rivera and Director of guest services Chand Siegel were very helpful and attended to all of our needs. We highly recommend this place, and we will definitly be back.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2011

We stayed here for 2 days before a cruise and couldn't have been more pleased! The restaurant was top notch and everyone there made it their personal mission to make your stay as pleasant as possible! Chad was very helpful and went out of his way to guide us to the best spots, and Christian the chef was awesome! The coffee was amazing and everything I ordered there was absolutely the best ever! We will definitely visit the Acacia again!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank blissfulseas
Reviewed 13 May 2011

Is the hotel that nice? Its better
Is Chad that helpful? More-so
Is the atmosphere that relaxing? Absolutely

I have stayed here twice now and here is what really impressed me. The first time we travelled with my two small children and the entire staff made our stay so unbelievably comfortable. Christian; at Niche, made children friendly custom meals; Chad bought shirley temples to the pool, housekeeping made sure we had extra towels and someone snuck extra snacks into our room. They even had a small private business desk for my Fiance to be able to work. Now we have a perfect place to bring our family for a week on the beach.

The location is perfect; close enough to downtown but quiet and you feel like you are beach front but without the crowds. The second and most recent trip, My fiance and I returned for a romantic weekend. The hotel is akin to staying at a 5 star reserve resort at a fraction of the cost and without the crowds. Niche was a whole new experience and Chad went out of his way to allow us to really spend our time relaxing.

When we spend money on a hotel, dinner or a trip we like to receive customer service and an experience that makes us enjoy and not regret the time and money we spent. I strongly encourage you to select this hotel for your next trip to Condado, San Juan; it will add to your life experience and be worth every dollar you spend.

Jennifer

Room Tip: room 105 for family; room 206 for a couple
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jquigley43
Reviewed 10 May 2011

Where do I begin??? My partner and I and our two friends checked into the Acacia the weekend before our cruise embarked for a week in the Caribbean, and I have to say, staying at the Acacia was one of the major highlights of our entire trip! We checked in late on a Friday evening, and the Operations Manager, Chad, was there waiting to check us in. This was our first trip to San Juan, and wanting to experience the flavor of Puerto Rico by staying somewhere that wasn’t a big chain, the Acacia Boutique Hotel BY FAR exceeding our expectations!! Not only was the hotel one of the nicest, coziest, boutique type of hotels I’ve ever stayed in, the customer service provided by Chad was off the charts!!!! I have never received that kind of service anywhere in the world that I’ve traveled!! As soon as you walk through the front door, you know this place is going to be special! It felt like walking into a spa! The accompanying restaurant on the property, Niche, was absolutely delicious! I am still craving the grilled lobster and risotto dish that I had there my first night. And the mojitos were probably the best I had during my entire vacation!!! Not only was the service flawless, the rooms were quaint and the entire hotel offered exactly what we were hoping for! …and did I mention Chad’s customer service? (smile). By the time the 4 of us had to check out and leave for our cruise ship, we were all practically group-hugging Chad. We miss him dearly!
This hotel is located about a half block from the beach, and our room was perfect! It was clean, comfortable, and in a prime location! Not only was the GIANT hot tub right outside our door, but we had a wonderful view of the ocean and palm tree lined beach!
The next time my partner and I – and any other friends who want to join us – make a trip to San Juan, there is absolutely no other option but to make our lodging reservations with the Acacia Boutique Hotel!! Thanks, Chad, for getting our vacation definitely off on the right track!!! Your new friends, Aaron, R.C., Susan and Jennifer – Phoenix, AZ

1  Thank AaronPHX85015