Acacia Boutique Hotel
  • Breakfast included
US$259
US$252
  • Pool
All reviewswind chimesniche restauranthot tubpuerto ricoold san juanhalf blockgreat boutiqueocean parkthird floorsmall poolyour luggageair conditionerrental carbalconycondadocruisepr
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Based on reviews we read here, we were expecting an experience unlike many others. And while Acacia is nice, that's about as far as I would go. The lobby is updated and really appealing. The rooms left a little be desired though, and I'd say even "ocean view" is a bit of a stretch given the huge building and trees in between the hotel and the beach. The "deluxe" room didn't seem to have much in the way of special touches to distinguish it from other rooms. It is just a short walk to a beautiful beach and the hot tub is pretty cool, but all in all it was just an average experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank deacons1996
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Let me start out this way - BOOK THIS HOTEL BY CALLING THEM DIRECTLY! We booked with Expedia and got screwed. Expedia charged well in excess (over $30 night more) then the rates the hotel advertizes directly. They booked us for the cheapest room (full size bed), which there listing implied that the bed was a queen. They did not indicate that parking has to be reserved with hotel as they have limited spaces.

Having said all that - when we got to the hotel, the staff was able to address all of our concerns - which took them quite a bit of effort as they were nearly fully booked - and they did so at no cost.

The hotel itself is wonderful. It is a boutique hotel - services are a bit limited - but the rooms are nice, staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel is 1 building off from the beach, 5 min. walk from Shopping in Condado, while on a quiet street. The restaurant in the hotel is pricy, but some of the best food around San Juan. Once we got over the arrival problems, we had a wonderful stay and can definitely recommend it to anyone looking for an alternative to a big-resort experience.

Room Tip: Regular room (full size bed) are small. Go up to Queen or King.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alex R
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My wife and I just got back from our stay at Acacia. The hotel is in an excellent location situated on the outskirts of Condado. Easy walking distance to restaurants, nightlife and the beach. The room was small, but well appointed. The rattan furniture is a nice touch, giving it a tropical feel. The bathroom is large for its size and the terra cotta shower was roomy. We could hear the Coqui frogs at night with the windows open and the breeze blowing into the room. The staff was extremely helpful with transportation and locating places to eat or visit. Beach chairs and towels are available at the front desk for use at the beach a mere one minute walk from to hotel. The citrus water was delicious and we usually filled a bottle before heading out.

Lastly, the hotel restaurant Niche is outstanding. The food was fantastic. The waitstaff was superb and Hector made a wonderful Mojito and Champagne spritzer.

Overall a nice vacation experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank FWN N
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We made a reservation for this hotel, have the confirmation and called a week ahead of time to confirm (after having the reservation for months) because of all the issues I've seen on TripAdvisor and Yelp about hotels moving/changing folks. Well, it happened to us and we too were informed that we'd been rebooked in one of their sister properties (which had mixed reviews). Upon calling the hotel we were informed they had overbooked and so we were being moved, they were pleasant about it but unaccommodating.

I'm a frequent business and pleasure traveler and have had my share of travel mishaps and thanks to this site I knew to call ahead and verify my reservation. My bottom line is if I wanted their sister property I would have booked it and now I have a new reseravation with an entirely different hotel chain. Be warned ....just because you have a confirmation with the Acacia doesn't mean you actually have a room!

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
14  Thank KfromBoston
Reviewed 28 March 2012

First time I've had to submit an unfavorable review, so forive me if I stumble through this one. My wife & I are frequent travelers and I'm proud at the number of my reviews that have been read on this website, ( 3 reviews away from Senior Reviewer Badge)..
This website has served us well over the past few years, so you can imagine our surprise at how far off the strong reviews of this hotel was; compared to our experience.
* First I want to accenuate the positives: 1.) hotel located in safe neighborhood Condado. 2.) kudos to the housekeeping staff/rooms were kept clean. 3.) nice semi-private beach 1/2 block from hotel.
** Full Disclosure- we recognize that amenities vary on the importance scale from each individual/group or couple. What may be a deal breaker for some may not be for others. But what I do want to bring to anyone considering this location is first the definition of convenient. I saw on other reviews that this hotel was convenient to shopping, etc.. My wife & I are New Yorkers and no strangers to walking, and we found the walk to the nearest shopping area a little further than your standard defintion of convenient. It is a pleasant walk, but do not attempt this walk in sandals. HA..
*** Addressing the Poor Room Management: Our Check In was South of "warm & fuzzy". Instead we were greeted with indifference. Nothing better than having the Front Desk Attendant (first name began with an S) acting as if she was doing us a favor by checking us in. Please dont confuse indifferent with rude, because the exchange was pleasnat. However, when you give the owner a compliment of "nice place" and you get answered with "all smoke & mirrors" you start to wonder if they are in the wrong business. HA
What confirmed my suspicion was the room they gave us, room 207. The room had (2) King Beds (if you call 2 twin beds put togther a king) that was very narrow and claustrophobically tight. I noticed the room right next to ours was empty with a much nicer king bed and definitely better suited for a Couple. The hotel was at maybe 20% occupancy, and when I inquired with the same front desk attendant if the Empty room next door was a higher rate than ours, I was told it was the same rate!! I had to ask myself, if you see we are a couple on a romantic get away weekend, and you have a much nicer, EMPTY room at the same rate available, why would you give a couple a cramped (2) king bed room??? Poor Room Block Management!!
In closing this "boutique" hotel is run by individuals who either know very little about simple hospitality or just dont care. We could handle the fact the property has no elevator, only stairs that are exposed to the elements to your room (like rain in our case),or if you wanted a snack & simple cup of coffee you have to walk accross the street to their sister property. In reality it falls short with amenities you would find at even 3 star hotels, and couples would do better staying at a chain hotel further down the road where you are truly walking distance to shops and most importantly treated as a valued guest.

Stayed: March 2012