“Great hotel, Great Location!”

Acacia Boutique Hotel
Ranked #32 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 27 February 2014

10 of us flew into Puerto Rico Saturday February 15th to cruise the next day. We all met up at the Acacia hotel and had beautiful rooms each with a balcony. Checking in with Fernando was so easy...each couple coming in at different times. He also gave us ideas where to eat and how to get there and we were able to walk to dinner as well as breakfast the next morning. Of course the hotel has food too! We just wanted to go out and about. The hotel doesn't have a pool but it has the largest hot tub we had seen and after dinner Fernando got us all towels and then we all enjoyed great conversation and laughs. This hotel was just the start of a fabulous vacation with a group of friends. We all agreed we could come back and stay longer.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the ocean! We stayed 3rd floor....but there is no elevator!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 February 2014

My wife(29) and I(30) stayed here from Feb 12th to Feb 15th. We're not very picky with our accomodations, but thought the room & accomodations were more than adequate given the reasonable price. The location of the hotel was great too: 1 block from the beach, 1.5 blocks to a small grocery store/mini mart, 1 block to gas stations, 1-1.5 blocks to several very good restaurants serving local food. Parking is not available on the hotel grounds, but we never had too much of an issue finding a spot at 6pm within a block or 2 on Taft Street. Hotel staff was very helpful in giving suggestions for restaurants within walking distance. The jacuzzi pool was a added bonus too! We usually relaxed with a glass of wine in the pool after dinner everynight. The pool temperature was nice and hot too!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

know the hospitality business is one of the hardest industries out there; you will never be able to satisfy everybody. The fact of the matter is control the controllable. We recently stayed at the Acacia hotel, the location is great the staff is kind and informative. The room was spacious but dirty. The head board of the bed was covered in dust. The bathroom smelled of urine all of the fixtures were covered in moldy crust. Enough with the cleanliness of the room lets talk amenities. Generally speaking coffee is offered in one way or another in all hotels with some sort of convenience , this hotel does not. No coffee in the room nor lobby or could you have it delivered.(thank god for Starbucks a few blocks away) In order to get a cup of joe you have to walk downstairs to the restaurant, wait for the only server on duty then pay $7.50 for two cups of black coffee smaller than a Dixie cup. The towels in the room are worn out to be kind. The beach towels were in the same horrible condition if they even had any available to check out. Now the hot tub more or less was a nice size but water was often lukewarm. Normally when I get into a public hot tub the first thing I smell is chlorine, not in this case. As a result they created a perfect Bactria breeding ground. I contracted cellulitis a Bacteria under the skin. My doctor told me that the hot tub was most likely the place where I contracted this. By our last day I couldn't barley walk and still can't without crutches. I had a tiny bug bite that I scratched and never did I think this could happen to me. How hard is it to drop chlorine in a public hot tub? Also we had to ask for maid service by day three and they looked at us like we had three heads. im shocked we didnt get charged extra. i must say after that the room did smell a little cleaner then the day we checked in which worried me even more. Although the location is great there is no fix for a afternoon snack unless you venture out. The hotel has a sister hotel adjacent to them where they advertise (a menu in the room) an outdoor grill and bar. Turns out it doesn't open till 5:00 but when I went over at 5:15 for a quick bite they turned me away and said the bar and grill would be open at 6:00. So I returned at 6:15 and the bartender had just gotten in and he said the grill wouldn't be open for another 45min. Needles to say I wasn't going back. Pretty much everything I have mentioned they have control over and have chosen to overlook them. The hotel itself offers breakfast and a wayyyy over priced dinner menu but considering how filthy everything else was we weren't taking our chances. Not to mention there are a ton of amazing places to eat and drink within walking distance at affordable prices. We will be back to Condado but never again to this hotel. We now know its truly worth spending a couple extra hundred bucks to stay at the Hilton or Marriott.

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank Melmel7733
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My husband and I agree that this lovely hotel exceeded our expectations. The decor and detail was absolutely beautiful. The room was clean, decorated with artistic taste, the beds (two king beds in our room) were very comfortable and every detail was covered.

The lobby was also very uniquely decorated with an incredible artistic touch. We truly loved the spa too. It is definitely the largest and most beautiful jacuzzis we have been in and to top it off, there is the view of the ocean.

We loved our stay at Acacia. It was a short distance from Old San Juan which we enjoyed very much too.
The staff was friendly and helpful, eager to assist.

Room Tip: We loved our room, 207 right outside of the jacuzzi with an ocean view and two king beds.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judith L
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We booked two rooms for 1 pre-cruise stay. The Deluxe room (our room) had yellow stained sheets, torn curtains, and cracked/stained windows. The room needed a through cleaning.
The second room (regular) actually consisted of two rooms but the 2nd room had no visible window, but visible cockroach. Closet, perhaps.
Front desk Service was spotty. I asked for a fork, and I was told the the restaurant was closed, and they didn't have the key. Really?
The worst was breakfast. The food came out cold, at different times for all people sitting at the table. It was mostly really badly heated frozen food. What got to me was the egg breakfast sandwich which came on a untoasted stale hamburger bun.

My review? Stay away

Room Tip: stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank jessica b
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My boyfriend and I enjoyed our first visit to San Juan and couldn't have asked for better location regarding an awesome Beach just behind the hotel and just blocks away from non stop activities and casinos! Love love loved our vacation. ... We will definitely return!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank crystaljom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Beautiful location but rooms are small. Some staff were extremely friendly but others not helpful. Our AC was too loud and difficult to adjust and our TV didn't work. Staff said they would come help but never showed up.

• Stayed: January 2014