“Amazing Stay in Paradise!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Acacia Boutique Hotel

Acacia Boutique Hotel
Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Amazing Stay in Paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We staying in room 103, loved the King bed, super comfortable. The shower didn't have hot water, we mentioned it to the front desk, and they offer to come check, but we opted not to have anyone come to our room to fix it. Amazing and huge hot tub, which you can use at any time, the pool is located at the other Hotel across the street (Wind Chimes Inn), if you are not lazy and won't die of walking less than a block, it was great. We rented a car and was able to park at the Wind Chimes Inn, parking is small, but convenient and inexpensive ($12 per night). The beach is super close, more like a private beach, since most of the locals from the apartments around, use it. We got chairs for the beach, at the front desk. Restaurants are 10 minutes walking, again if you are lazy or can't walk, this might be a problem. My husband and I love to walk and 10 minutes was nothing (I had a broken foot and still loved to walk). The Restaurant at the Hotel (Niche Rest.) was great for cocktails we drank at the hot tub! Can't wait to visit this place again, super Relaxing stay!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Finnish first
Brooklyn, New York, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I arrive at the hotel at 10:30 p.m and there was no one at the front desk I had to walk one block up to another hotel to get someone to assist me with checking in. This hotel is small and quiet the morning front desk lady was very helpful and the restaurant is very small. However if you are looking for a hotel with all the restaurants near by this is not the place to stay I ended my stay here early and checked in to another hotel because of the cab fare I was spending to go back and forth. But the rooms are clean

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank shabeauty27
Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I'll keep it short- This is a great hotel on a clean beach but if you'd better get a rental car. If not you will be spending a lot of money on taxi's. $15 from airport to hotel, another $18 to Old San Juan, $18 back to hotel & $15 back to airport, etc.. This was my only regret, not reserving a rental prior to my arrival for $27/day. Or just stay in Old San Juan, problem solved.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Kyle B
Stuart, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

My only complaint is there is no parking lot associated with the hotel. Out side of that, the staff was very informative, the room was great, and the hot tub was perfect for after we walked all over to relieve muscle pain. Our room was 204, the balcony was closed and you can almost touch the hot tub from our balcony. Room 203 has a bigger wrap around balcony if you're into that. Our room slept 2 quite comfortably. The hotel is only a few blocks from the main highway, and within walking distance are some good restaurants and a bakery. I have already talked some of my friends into staying at this hotel and I would not hesitate to go back.

Room Tip: 204 or 203
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Rooms
1 Thank Jiinxy
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

My husband and I stood for one night. We arrived around 5:30pm and there was no parking available in their lot but we lucked out finding one on the street. I loved the area and shops around. Quiet, safe neighborhood. The front staff was amazing and the room was small but clean. The shower was fine. Our balcony was big and we had the view of the jacuzzi and the beach. We were able to hit the jacuzzi in the morning and it was nice. I wasn't able to go to the beach. Next time I go to PR I will definitely stay in this charming boutique hotel.

Room Tip: 2nd floor facing the beach..
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Book this place during a last minute trip to PR. Originally booked it on Expedia, but later found a better deal on Booking.com. The front desk was a little hostile when I requested a cancellation and to waive the $250 cancellation fee, but once I mentioned that I was staying regardless they were more that helpful. We staying in room 103, the bed was super comfortable. However, the shower didn't have hot water. The best part was being able to utilize the hot tub, at any time, even at 11PM. The best hot tub I have ever used! Would love to go back!

Stayed August 2014
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel is excellent for its location - 10 steps (not even 2 minutes) to the beach and in exciting Condado. Its a small hotel which is what I like even more about it - quiet, relaxed atmosphere. Friendly staff. They give you beach towels when you head to the beach. After check-out they allow you to use their facilities (including a shower).

The room itself is small. The bathroom is neat and clean. The bed is fine. Honestly what more can you ask for when you spend most of the time outside.

I highly recommend staying here. It's a few steps to the Beach and Early Mornings and Late Afternoons ar romantics and nostalgic views. Its a 15 minute walk to the nightlight on Avenue Ashford. Close to Kasalta bakery which is where we had somehow affordable breakfast every day and cheaper you may find 3 blocks awayfrom Hotel, since the hotel does not provide breakfast as part of the room rate. Forgot to mention that we enjoy the other sister Hotel Windchine Hotel and ther small but confy pool.

Room Tip: Try to stay on lower level 1 or 2nd floor, if not, and your're only staying for a week or less a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo