“Very nice and quaint”

Acacia Boutique Hotel
Ranked #32 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 6 January 2010

I have stayed at Acacia as well as At Wind Chimes (a sister hotel) and both are great! I highly recommend them--it is easy to stay in Condado and travel into Old San Juan and elsewhere. Big hot tub!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 January 2010

Great location for a couple of days pre or post cruise. it's in between the airport and old san juan in condado. The rooms are nothing special but they are clean and comfortable enough. They have a HUGE jacuzzi that was really nice at night. The beach is right next to the hotel, about half a block. The beach itself was just ok. It was nice having it so close but dogs are allowed on the beach and their owners tend not to pick up after them. Whether you stay here or not, definitely have dinner at the small restaurant inside called Niche. We had an AMAZING meal there.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2009

We stayed here for three days in the spring and had a lovely time. The lobby is gorgeous and the staff in so nice and accommodating. Ok...so the rooms are nothing to write home about, but they're fine, and hopefully you're not spending all day in your room anyway! The hot tub is amazing, the beach is just steps away, and even their little restaurant is an attraction in its own right. The only negative I can think of is the fact that The Acacia is a little far from downtown. It's definitely within walking distance of some restaurants, but to get to Old San Juan, you'd need a cab or a car (which I would recommend in Puerto Rico anyway). Also, the street that the Acacia is on is quite small and not well lit, which can make it a little "shady" feeling at night. Still, I never felt unsafe and I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2009

Rooms - really bad ventilation
Hotel Bar/Restoration - none, except for the sister hotel nearby
Pool - looks good on a photo only, but pretty useless, runs are too narrow
Beach - close, but not great. Had to take a taxi to go to the nearest nice beach ($15 each way or by bus that stops once in 40-50 min)

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank ElleMG
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We had reservastions to stay At Wind Chimes Inn. Our stay was during slow season so they bumped us up to their sister hotel The Acacia closer to the beach. We were pleased. The room was so-so, not as clean as we would like. The rest of the hotel and location was awesome. We had a view of the beach from our balcony and the restaurant and lobby were nice. I would recommend this hotel chain for the price.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2009

I must admit I was hesitant to stay at this hotel because of the reviews posted here on tripadvisor.com. However, I am glad this was the hotel of choice. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable of the area. The hotel was very hospitable, clean, and well worth the money. Many of the reviews complained about the size of the TV. But this did not matter to me because I did not travel to Puerto Rico to watch TV. I waited too late to book my room so my last night there I had to stay at the sister hotel Wind Chime. All the reviews catered to Wind Chime but I felt like Wind Chime was nasty and dirty. There was hair in the tub and I barely wanted to sleep there. Although I did not care for the rooms at Wind Chime I must say that the Tiki bar was nice. The bartenders were funny and the music was relaxing. If you visit Puerto Rico make sure to check out the Acacia Seaside Inn. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luv2shopHamptonRoads
Reviewed 31 July 2009

Let me just say right off that I've never seen a jacuzzi this big. I took more pics of the jacuzzi than I did of the beach in Condado - it was amazing and right outside of our door. My sister and I were moved to Acacia after the a/c in their sister hotel Wind Chimes went out. The room at Acacia was smaller, but more nicely outfitted, large bathroom with huge rock shower, 2 king beds, flat screen tv. The inn had a very boutique feel to it, was kept clean, and was very comfortable. The area is very quiet, easy to walk to dozens of restaurants, one block from the beach, and had a restaurant (but it was closed almost the entire time we were there because they didn't have many guests). I would have liked a little more help with information - I wanted to know of a place that we could enjoy the beach and was only told about buying a day pass to a large hotel for $32.50...on my own I found a charming hotel right on the beach that let us use the beach for free after we bought meals there. And we spent less than $32.50 - LOL!! I would definitely stay there again if I wanted to be in a central location in Condado, San Juan.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends