All reviews wind chimes niche restaurant hot tub puerto rico old san juan great boutique ocean park third floor small pool air conditioner rental car balcony condado pr cruise rainforest
Reviewed 9 October 2017

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! I was waiting to leave a review until payment could be resolved, but since the hotel is completely indifferent and ignores every single attempt at communication, here goes. We were double charged For our 6 night stay over a month ago ($1250 x2!!!) and I still haven't received a refund. I went in person to the desk at the Accacia boutique hotel, was told I needed to visit the desk at windchimes boutique hotel, then was sent to a 3rd hotel, El Canario. What a wild goose chase. The clerk at El Canario told me a night auditor processes refunds, and they submitted a note. I followed up again 3 days later, same wild goose chase and was given the same answer. We returned from our trip and still hadn't received a refund. I've called now 6 times. 1 time I was able to get a employee on the phone who was beyond rude, telling me it's not her problem. This is a total scam. I couldnt even get a copy of my receipt for travel insurance or my credit card company. So I'm out $1250, which is a lot of money. Hotel is dirty, a layer of sand on our floors. Needed sheets changed from sand, they completely ignored me, so I went into the linen closet for my own sheets. We Didn't have power or water for a full 24 hours - we were in a basement room, so it was pitch black day and night. wasnt even offered a candle for light. like I said do not stay here.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Princessjili
Gustavo M, Guest Relations Manager at Acacia Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to know that you did not experience the best of our hotel. We don't know for fact that you were double charged any time, but let us say that we are always available to look for solutions to our guest’s issues. It is a standard protocol that if you reserved your room through a travel agency, you must reach them in the first place. If your reservation was directly with us, the solution would have been ready at hand. We recommend you look for the travel agency first and they will contact us. We will take what you wrote to better our service. Take care.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Last minute find and booking. Reviews are pretty on spot. Older decor could use sprucing up.
The gem is the staff and the architecture. Location is nice. We stayed just as Hurricane Maria approached. Staff was nice and reassuring. Had to leave due to storm. But, will be back as feel there is so much more to see on island. Hope it can be soon. Best wishes for speedy island recovery.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Gustavo M, Guest Relations Manager at Acacia Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Thank you for your review. So glad you enjoyed the architecture of our hotel and our service. Our staff works hard every day to give the best experience to all our guests. We hope to see you back soon. Take care.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

I booked a stay at this hotel from September 6-10. Unfortunately that is the same time that Hurricane Irene hit so naturally I canceled the trip. Every other place I made reservations with canceled the reservation and refunded me EXCEPT for this hotel. They still charged me $336!!!! I have had to jump through a million hoops with booking.com to even make a request for a refund and was told that this is the only hotel that didn't offer a refund due to Hurricane Irene cancellations. This is poor customer service the best way to ensure that customers DO NOT re-book with Acacia. I was disappointed that a natural disaster caused my vacation to PR to be canceled but I'm more disappointed in the total disregard this hotel has shown for customer service.
A very frustrated traveler

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Alynson S
Gustavo M, Guest Relations Manager at Acacia Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Thank you for your review. First, we are sorry you feel disappointed. In all our reservations, if the cancellation policy of your reservation states that it is 'Non-Refundable', the policy applies as it is stipulated by the contract, and as in any other hotel, this is a standard practice of service after the hotel guarantee the guest the room for a period. Note that every time you make a reservation through a travel agency it is with them you must process your claims. We will take what you wrote to better our service I the near future. Take care.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

This boutique hotel exudes character and charm. It is a gem set among featureless tall concrete boxes. It is only half a block from the beach on a dead end street, and is quiet. We had an "economy" room which was really basic in amenities, but it had a balcony with a view of the beach. No elevator, no in room coffee, but a comfortable bed, an air conditioner and ceiling fan. The staff was knowledgeable and helpful. The delightful little restaurant, The Niche, served breakfast until 1:00. We enjoyed both breakfast and dinner, as the menu, food preparation and service were excellent. We liked staying at a place with local flavor.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review and for taking time to provide us with your amazing words. We are glad you had such a wonderful stay at our hotel and at our awarded restaurant Niche Bistro. Your feedback is the best reminder that our emphasis on outstanding performance is rewarding us with recognition and beautiful energy. We hope to see you again soon. Take care.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Affordable, clean, excellent location, great beach. The reception service was very poor. They are extremely slow, it is difficult to get any information through phone and you have to plan at least 20 minutes ahead if you will ask a question at the reception desk. The restaurant is closed during the most important hours (1pm to 6 pm) when you would want to grab a drink or refreshment after the beach time. Still, we recommend the hotel because of its cleanness and especially its location.

Stayed: August 2017

Thank you for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at our property. Our hotel is just a few steps away from the beautiful Ocean Park beach on the northeast side of the island. We will take what you wrote to better our service in the future. We hope to see you again soon. Take care.