“disgusting!!!!!!”

Ranked #45 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Fullerton, California
“disgusting!!!!!!”
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I have stayed at this property before and had good experiences. However this last time i stayed there was absolutely horrible! Having flown in from Los Angeles we reserved a ocean view room. The room we were given was a partial ocean view, and a view of a disgusting torn down abandoned building next door. Our room was filled with mold which the front desk said was normal this time of year. The staff was extremely rude when i asked to change rooms. (they did not change rooms for us). when i disputed the claim with my credit card company, they lied in writing saying they escorted us to the rm before checking in to make sure it was satisfactory. That was a LIE!!! we also had a late checkout and having told the front desk upon checking in, was assured that someone is there 24hrs a day to check us out. You deposit $10 per towel when you arrive and upon returning of the towels you get your cash deposit back. when we checked out (late) they said they have no access to money that late and could not refund my deposit. They also LIED! once again to my credit card company saying i recieved my deposit back! This place is disgusting and should not be santiary enough to be operating!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Chris C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I'll start by saying the hotel has no parking and the street is very narrow and crowded by other cars, we were rudely told by a hotel employee to drive around until a parking space appeared! The front desk employee was really rude, no customer service etiquette what so ever, the place is not what is seems in the hotel website pics, the rooms are horrible and the lobby is a nightmare, it's a total scam! We didn't even last 30mins after our check in once we saw the room and asked for an upgrade or our money back the front desk employee literally insulted us, told us if we didn't like it there was the door, refused to give us his name (who by the way had no uniform or name tag) and refused to get a manager, we were told he was the manager! The next day i called to talk to hotel management and they were even ruder, didn't seem to care about my complaint almost seemed as I were talking to same hotel employee!! Its a shame such a horrible place exists in such a beautiful island and a great area (Condado PR)
I ADVISE ALL THESE UNSATISFIED CUSTOMERS TO DO A REPORT ABOUT THIS HOTEL WITH WHO EVER IS PROMOTING THEM (ONLINE, WEBSITE, TRAVEL AGENCY, ETC...)
I ALREADY DID MYSELF WITH EXPEDIA, ORBITZ, THE DEPARTMENT OF TURISM AND DACO
THEY CANNOT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS!!!!

4 Thank loliz1
Reviewed 20 September 2011

The worst hotel I ever stayed. Customer service was awful. The manager in charge was disrespectful.

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank Claramartinez
Isabela, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 20 September 2011

First off, the hotel looks NOTHING like what their site depicts. I'm originally from PR, and being gay, and on vacation, I thought I'd be nice to stay at this hotel during my visit to San Juan. Well, I checked out 20 minutes after I got there (I would have left immediately if the supervisor had been more cooperative). As I walked in and saw the catastrophe of a lobby, I immediately asked the “housekeeping supervisor” for a refund. The housekeeping supervisor was the only person working at this hotel and was completely and utterly unprofessional. He advised me that since I had already booked the room online I could not get my money back. I am currently filing a complaint with my credit card company in order to get my money back. But either way, I would have never stayed at such a dirty place. The lobby looks like a war zone. The supervisor looks like he had just crawled off a dumpster. The room was small, dirty, outdated, with dirt and blood on the sheets, and no amenities whatsoever. The room was not even air conditioned. The condition of the room and this hotel was completely unacceptable; I would not even imagine a motel being this dirty and unkempt. I would not advise anyone to stay here. As I said, I am still currently trying to get my money back and the only person to contact is the dirty supervisor working the nasty front desk; completely unbelievable. I ended up staying at La Concha, which was beautiful and I would highly recommend staying there. However, do not make the mistake of booking the “Atlantic Beach Hotel” online—it is not as depicted on their photos. If I had the time and energy, I would sue this place. They are building a place next door which looks more promising called “Oceana” and is set to open sometime Sept 2011. The location of this place is great ... You just need to blow it up to pieces and start over with a new owner.

4 Thank izzy1696
Fajardo, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 19 September 2011

If you dont want to pass a hard time please dont ever visit this hotel, first the employees are so rude starting with the front desk manager, i try to cancel in the minute that i just arrive and the manager told me that it was impossible to make a cancelation, that even if i want to go, he have to charge my card, for the fulll amount second the front desk manager, Is so rude that i was embarassed of even bring my wife to this hotel, Just to let you know the front desk manager, is the waiter, the parking manager, the bartender, even janitor, this is the worst experienced i ever have in a hotel. The employees i think are from the puerto rico mafia so please stay away if you dont want to have a bad experienced

3 Thank juancirinocamacho
orlando
Reviewed 15 September 2011

As many reviews have previously stated, renovations are currently being undertaken and according to the hotel manager, are slated to be completed in December, 2011. I was in a non-ocean front room which appeared to have not yet been renovated, though the furniture and fixtures appeared to be new. Bed was extremely comfortable and flat screen TV was nice. Pros:
location
friendliness and helpfulness of staff
beachfront bar
proximity to shopping and other areas
hotel has its own generator so power is uninterrupted in the event of power outages due to storms, etc.
Cons:
1) bathroom was moldy and had a window which would not fully close - as a result, I had to keep the bathroom door shut all the time so that the air conditioning in the room did not leak out through the open window
2) no restaurant or way to get coffee at the hotel - luckily, a starbucks is 2 blocks away
3) construction on renovations started every morning at 7 a.m. ---- extremely noisy
4) room itself was very small
5) elevator was ancient and a little scary to ride - i took the stairs most of the time

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room and get the non-ocean front option if you want to have a quiet evening wher...