“Gorgeous and quaint!!!”

Atlantic Beach Hotel
Ranked #46 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We are staying at this hotel and it is fantastic! The room may be small, but it's Puerto Rico! We sleep in our room and play in the city or on the beach. The staff has been over the top fantastic helping with restaurant recommendations and excursions!!! There is no court, we will return!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Atlantic Beach Hotel

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Nice lobby, clean and comfortable bar with beautiful view. The rooms are comfortable for one or two people very European (size) style. They are clean, not new just refresh, and comfortable. It's the best place to crash after a beach day or a drinking, partying marathon night. This will be the best location! The beach is just few steps from your room. Ocean view rooms are a bit larger. Be ready to use stairs, elevator is old but work. I will recommend it!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Alberto M
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I hate this hotel! 1- At my room I didnt have internet access. 2- the elevator is very old and dangerous. 3- nobody help me any time. 4-dond't have breakfast. 5- I asked to cancel and do checkout and the said ok, but when I was doing checkout other person said that it was not possible cancel it. So, I have to pay this poor hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Miriam H
Reviewed 27 May 2014

To begin with, I didn't get the $129 hotel room. They try to put me in an "apartment" at over $300 attached to the hotel because the hotel was full. The apartment was filthy. The patio outside the apartment had rotten old furniture stored on it and you couldn't even get to the patio because the door was locked. The carpet was horrible, smells awful. I saw bedbugs crawling on the bed. I have to live. This place should be closed for safety and health hazards. Three month later I still have to fight with my credit card for a refund. It is a criminal enterprise.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank 926Michael
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This was a birthday trip and wanted to wake up and go to bed thinking about the beach, and this hotel fufilled it. I would like to thank both Raphael and Kerry who were the main gentlemen who helped me and my best friend check in with no hassels and provided us with ample information as to things to do and how to get to and from places. Very nice guys who gave great customer service! The hotel bar area is beautiful,and just steps from the beach. The waves are pretty brutal but minus that the beach atmosphere was great. Yes I agree, the elevator is run down and we seriously used it twice. Once to bring our luggages up to our room and when we checked out. We perferred using the stairs up and down to get to the lobby and it seriously is just a few stairs. We had the oceanview which was nice, and I must say the beds were so COMFORTABLE, I could sleep for years! Bathroom is small but not so tiny like I read in other reviews. But be aware theres no fridge and man oh man you will cry for one. I don't like throwing away food so each time I brought left overs back to the room I'd forget there wasn't a fridge. No complimentary breakfast fyi, happy hour where certain drinks are cheaper,one key room so dont lose it, and there's dunkin donuts/subway walking distance and other restaurants. No iron in the room, you have to go to the front desk to pick it up and bring it back. Do go on the free barcardi tour. We took the bus at .75 cents, and the ferry. Do not book the tour through the hotel or outside party. We also went to club Brava and had a very good time, $20 to get in and we took the cab there which wasnt that bad. Overrall I had an amazing time here for my birthday. It was not over crowded, very peaceful,no noise, beach life, experienced amazing food, went to the barcardi tour and had the two free drinks, went to the farmers market and def brought back sugar canes, papaya milkshake back with us to eat and drink on the beach. If it was one thing I ate it had to be sugarcanes in PR and they were so juicy!! If your picky,uptight, and need elevators or a fridge to make your trip and cant look pass certain things,then I'd say look elsewhere. But this island girl blended too well in Condado.

Room Tip: Spacious enough for 2 people
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Darific
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Came for a week. Was given a diatribe about not bringing food into the hotel because of the hotel restaurant which was fine, but the restaurant was closed all week. The beach was right there so that made it worth it. High speed wifi? Not at all. Closets bathroom and dresser all moldy as well. Front desk could not be bothered to help with scheduling excursions or provide general information about the area. The responses were always "I don't know", not "let me look into that". If you want a cheap no frills place smack on the beach this is the place. Don't expect too much as the walls are paper thin as well.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Small hotel, no pool, but on the beach so it really doesn't need a pool. The bar area is fun and they have good specials during happy hour ($5 drinks and $5 sliders). The room was very small, decently cleaned but should probably repaint the walls - a lot of cuff marks on them made the room look dirty. No flat screen, just a small TV. Bathroom was ok, the maid cleaned everyday so sand free.

• Stayed: February 2014