“its ok! just average !” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado

Ranked #21 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
“its ok! just average !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

1-great location for the price , walking distance from the beach and a lot of good restaurant just remember one thing don't expect them to be cheap because your at the heart of condado which is the good area.
2- rooms are small but ok
a couple of things i didn't like, you have to walk in the middle of the dining area to go to the pool.
No parking, you will have to pay $15 per day.
don't expect to much here!! average hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Luis C
Alev T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
My sincere apologies that your experience with us was less than perfect; we respect all feedback and find it helpful for the hotel to learn and grow in all aspects that is what this forum is for. We strive to do the best in all areas and thank you again for taking the time to review us and hope that you give us another chance.
Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night after a Caribbean cruise. Room was fairly clean, staff was great and the outdoor pool was excellent! Very nice location across from a park. Had a festival while we were there that also provided fun and entertainment for us. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank showcom1
Alev T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear showcom1,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We sincerely appreciate the feedback and very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Looking forward to having you in the near future.
Kind Regards
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

As an IHG platinum member I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado on May 30th ,2014 for one night.
I was traveling with my 8 year old nephew and sister to Puerto Rico for our vacation.
Everything was going well up until around 8 or 9pm that night. I had gone out for subs for us at a nearby subway and brought them back to the hotel for us to eat, well I started eating mine and found that I had no napkins. I asked my sister to pass me a washcloth and she gave me one that was rolled up in the bathroom "It was apparently a clean one" but when I wiped my face I noticed that there was poop, yes human feces, stool whatever you want to call it smeared on the washcloth. After almost vomiting and rinsing my mouth out numerous times I quickly went down to the front desk and showed the lady who was the front desk manager, She sent one of the housekeepers up to inspect the room and told me she would contact the GM and refund that nights stay which I used my points for.
This was just disgusting. I never had anything like this happen to me before.
In the morning I spoke to the General Manager "Reinaldo Perez" and he apologized and told me they would refund my night back in points, and told me when I come back to the island he would give me a “comp” night at that hotel and that he would forward this to IHG and they would also give me additional points for compensation. He even signed his business card verifying the future comp night at his hotel. Its very hard to make up for what happened. Trust me when you wipe someone else’s crap on your face even the free nights don’t make up for what happened.
Two weeks later I get a call from the GM and he had said they found my nephews underwear in the trash when they cleaned out the room and claimed that it wasn’t the hotel’s fault and told me that what he had promised before was “null in void” because it was done by my nephew.
So now not only is he going back on his word but also calling me a liar and accusing my nephew for something he didnt do. I told him that the incident happened the night we checked in and my nephew’s underwear was thrown out the morning we left.

Yes we threw out some underwear, he is a kid and had a accident in his pants the morning we left. We did not and he did not wipe his stool on a washcloth. I dont like being called a liar for this. We did not do it!! I am shocked that two weeks after checking out the GM calls me to tell me this. Yes I understand that they refunded the 15,000 points I used to stay there and that’s "fulfilling the IHG promise" but for what happened I would expect a little more and to be treated a little better as a platinum member. Plus the fact that he was taking away his promise and now calling me a liar after 2 weeks is totally ridiculous. I will not be treated this way. I will be taking this matter to corporate and if need be getting an hospitality attorney if I am not properly compensated for what happened. I never want to step foot in this hotel again.
DO NOT STAY HERE if you value your health. You might get hepatitis from their unclean towels!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Nordique2016
Alev T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Nordique2016,
We are very sorry that your stay at Holiday Inn Express San Juan did not meet your expectations. We take each and every review very seriously. We have communicated the situation with the hotel staff and again please accept our apology.
Georgetown, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

As an IHG platinum member, I try to stay at IHG properties anywhere I go. I was very happy to find a HIE in San Juan. Then I read the previous reviews and I got nervous. My wife and I decided since it was only for one night we would go ahead and chance it. I have to say, we made the right choice!! We got to the hotel about 8:30 in the morning from our cruise, and we were allowed to check-in. We did have to change from a King room to two doubles, but that was ok.

We went to the room and found it to be very nice, and a very modern bathroom, which we loved. Our room had plenty of space, but the bathrooms was a bit small. We were in room 610, and had a decent view of the lagoon. We did some sightseeing around the hotel, and went to Don Juan Haceinda for breakfast, on Edith's recommendation. The restaurant had great food and view.

We did skip breakfast the next morning as it was really busy, and a lot of kids were touching things and putting food back down, but not any fault of the hotel.

We would be more than happy to stay here again if we return to San Juan.

3 Thank MattW0329
Alev T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Matt W,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for your feedback. We really appreciate it and we will be looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Kind Regards,

Santa Barbara
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

This is a new Holiday Inn Express and is still in the process of achieving HIE standards. The Manager Ray is making a big effort to get everything up to high standards. We saw improvements everyday in the breakfast as more items arrived and were put out. Our room was very nice with a terrific view of the lagoon. We were able to catch the bus 2 days for a ride into Old Town San Juan. We only waited 10 minutes at the stop which was on the main street near the hotel. There isn't much room in the bathroom so we put our toiletries on the dresser and it worked out fine. The bed was very comfortable. Lots of restaurants nearby.

4 Thank SantaBarbTravelers
Alev T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear SantaBarbTravelers,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Express San Juan. We sincerely appreciate the feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. Looking forward to having you in the near future.
Kind Regards,

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I was not expecting much after the reviews that I have seen, but I was impressed by the property.
The room that we (a couple) had was great, though small, and very clean. There is not alot of room in the bathroom for counter space, and we had a shower only. There is a coffee maker and hairdryer,toiletries, and nice, comfortable bed.

I do not know if the rooms get any larger as we had an upgrade and it was small (but again, perfect for a couple). I would not say that you would call this a family hotel, though there were some small children at the property (Easter weekend).

Edith, the desk Manager, was great! She was very helpful and had good suggestions for us on places to eat.

The location is great! Right in the zone where there are hotels, nice restaurants, the casino, and if you were inclined, you can walk to many places. There is also a beach very close, about a block away.

I would definitely stay here again. The location is safe and has alot to offer. The staff is great.

Only con: No balconies, not alot of space if you need more than room for 2.

Room Tip: 6th and 7th floor rooms facing the ocean.
1 Thank Fjeldbar
Alev T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Fjeldbar,
Thank you very much for your review .Whilst we are pleased with the good comments, we truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.
Sincerely, Hotel Management
Holiday Inn Express San Juan
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night prior to leaving on a cruise. The front staff was very plesent and the check in process went smooth and quick. The room we got was small but recently remodeled, clean and well apointed. The bathroom was modern and functional. We liked the location of the hotel as restaurants, bars and shopping was within walking distance.
We would stay at this hotel again when in San Juan for a stort visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Michael L
Alev T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Michael L,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Holiday Inn Express