“Perfect overnight before our cruise” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Milano
Ranked #34 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Davenport, Florida
“Perfect overnight before our cruise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Very convenient for overnighting before a cruise. Few blocks from the port. Accommodations were a great value, comfortable and clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Walking distance to excellent restaurants and attractions.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank JustinDouglas317

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

We stayed here for two nights and it was great for exploring the city--it was an easy walk to everywhere we wanted to go. You get what you pay for--the rooms weren't glamorous, but they were clean, comfortable, and had AC, which isn't always a guarantee with other budget options. My only complaint would be about the mattress/bed: It was the kind where if you're sharing with someone else and they move, you move. But overall I was happy with my stay. If you're going to be staying on the weekend, maybe bring a pair of ear plugs, since we could hear a little bit of music from the plaza a few blocks up, but it wasn't a problem, since we had the AC on anyway and it didn't go on late into the night. All in all I would recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Quesboc1
Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed there for 4 nights and found the staff attentive and helpful. It is located right in Old San Juan. The rooms are not very big but they are comfortable and clean. The price was very reasonable. Breakfast (continental) was average but fresh.

Room Tip: we were on the side away from the street and it was quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank WinstonWWolf
Barry, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

This is not a five star hotel but if you just need good a clean place to lay your head for a day or two this is it. we spent two nights there this Nov 1st and 2nd preceding a cruise. Staff was very helpful in telling us about places to see and eat in our short stay. Continental breakfast on the roof was a plus, location was center of old San Juan, easy access to all interesting places. Don't be afraid of the reasonable prices. Road was closed due to construction but consider that a plus, less noise, no traffic. If I can come back I will be staying here.

Room Tip: We were four couples with different types of rooms none had a real problem they were small but did...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Raymond G
Ponce, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

First Time Visiting

I stayed in the Hotel Milano this last weekend Saturday 9-10 of September 2013 I have to say that I have no complaints; the room was very clean and comfortable. The receptionist was very friendly and very informative; I had a good night sleep and an appropriated continental breakfast.

The only negative thing I have to mention is the ongoing construction that has been occurring at front of the hotel, by the way, when finished it will have a very nice entrance and a wide sidewalk. I talked with one of the workers about the construction and he told me that it will be finished soon on this current month or earlier next month.

I had to pull my luggage no more than 100 feet to take a taxi and I was not harmed or disturbed to do so. I chose this hotel for the great location it has and for the recommendations I have found on the internet and I have to say that I’m happy for choosing this hotel and it will be my first choice when I decide to return to San Juan on December of this year.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Arnold212
Davison, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I was there November 1st, the taxi had to drop me half a block away because the road was closed due to construction. In addition the sidewalk is completely torn up. We had to roll our bags over dirt over a small wooden ramp to reach the hotel. We found the room to be very worn and outdated. Despite the knobs being broken off the air conditioner, I managed to get it on and just had to guess how cold I was setting it. The bed was comfortable and I managed to get a good nights sleep. When leaving they called a taxi and I had the same walk to the taxi. When leaving I observed a small lady really struggling with her luggage and receiving no help from the hotel. When asked i was informed the road would be under construction for another five months or so. I didn't eat at the hotel due to earlier comments before I left. The hotel is centrally located but not worth the trouble to get there during the construction. This was the superior room I stayed at.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
juansan, Owner at Hotel Milano, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Lady sorry to hear you had so much trouble but the sidewalk to the hotel is finished already and the distance to walk from the corner to the hotel is just about 50 feet which is much les than what takes in airports to get to the desk area also the road work takes just two more weeks to finish no 5 months as you said, we are happy you found our rooms confortable and hope to have you here again next time you are in Puerto Rico.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

For those planing to fine a place prior to a cruise, place to consider. We did have walk a bit as road still under construction. Would recomend maybe a room to the back. Had a room up front and could hear the band and music from the pub a few doors down. It was not to bad at time though if you turned the air off it was more noticeable. Tv is 14" and has 3 channels but again you here to sleep..if you have kids no pool and a fair distance from a beach. no bar on site. I would plan stay here agian. Though a pool might be something to think about.

• Stayed November 2013