“Another wonderful stay!!”
Review of Hotel Milano

Hotel Milano
Ranked #34 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I have fallen in love with Puerto Rico and have made it a point to explore its tantalizing and rarely visited areas by individuals who may not have enough time to explore this wonderful island. We were lucky enough that on our first trip there we stayed at this wonderful hotel "Milano". Consequently thereafter we love going back and staying here. The hospitality and room was exceptional. The hotel owner "Pepin" as we know him now, is ever present and ready to assist and suggest points of interest nearby. This man really knows Puerto Rico so he can overwhelm you with information!!!
Great centralized location in the heart of old San Juan in a charming turn of the century land mark building. So affordable and comfortable. We love it and sure that you will too!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lexie0903

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I loved my stay at this hotel. It's located right in the middle of Old San Juan, so all the tourist sites within it are at walking distance, and the service was courteous and attentive. The rooms are comfy and have good amenities, and the rooftop restaurant was great, with an excellent view of the San Juan bay. I'd definitely recommend it for any travelers looking for a nice, centric accommodation when visiting Old San Juan

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Daniel V
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Our hotel was AWFUL. Hotels in Old SJ are just really expensive (and it's hard for us to ever justify over $150 for one night in a place when you could pay a rent or mortgage in less than a week. Usually I'd have more time to find a thrifty yet decent hotel (and we had hoped this would at least be decent) but we last minute changed our cruise itinerary and needed this extra weekend night in the city and most nice hotels around there have a 2 night minimum and/or they were already booked because it was Easter week (and spring break week for some).

The hotel was nice enough in the lobby until you got up to the room. It was smaller than a stateroom and less efficient with that space (especially the bathroom). It wasn't disgusting or anything but I'm a bit of a germaphob so I felt it was in poor enough condition that the shower warranted sandals and I put a towel over the decorative pillows that touched I used to prop my back since they were probably not washed as often.

The worst part by far was trying to sleep; the bed was incredibly uncomfortable and the sheets came off the corners (sign of very low quality) and the walls were paper thin so we were woken up starting at6:30am. Our room was next to the ice machine (room 310) which was miserable because people were constantly congregating around there filling bins and chatting and laughing... ughhhh. Then housekeeping started up vacuums throughout the halls at 9am on a Sunday; I was livid.

The two gentlemen we saw at the front desk had mediocre customer service; hardly spoke to us and were far from enthusiastic to greet us each time. The guy during the day shift was much better than the one in the evening.

One other frustration was that I had to call several times to adjust the amount they charged us. They said they accidentally charged us the high season rate of $160 then charged us the correct rate of $120 then refunded the $160. I would have preferred they obviously do it right the first time but I thought it was really wrong that they didn't call and inform me of the mistake. I figured it out on my own and the refund wasn't posted until later (which made me nervous that I wasn't going to get one). When I called to deal with this I did not find the staff to be knowledgeable nor apologetic for the confusion. All around poor experience. Only good thing was the location. If we had a redo, we would bite the bullet and spend a lot more to have a comfortable stay.

4  Thank scrapbookfoodie
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The hotel is very well located, in the heart of San Juan, making it very convenient to visit around.

We chose a room 'in the back', i.e., no front street window, it was very quiet. The room are a good size, simple furniture, but nice and clean. The hotel offers breakfast (with a small fee) on the upstairs terrace. The upstairs inside restaurant is quite nice, lots of window, good choice of continental breakfast (cereals, bread, bagel, toasters, muffin, croissant, fruits, juices and coffee). The terrace just outside is fun to have. We received good service, I would recommend this hotel for it's location and affordable price (without expecting the 4-5* amenities).

3  Thank Cheesecake35
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This hotel is extremely close to the cruise port for a reasonable price, so if you are not worried about accommodations it is a great place to stay. My husband and I were able to get our 4 suitcases down to the port area without a cab relatively easily, and I would say that is the best thing about this hotel.

The rooms were small and outdated. The staff was very friendly, but it is just not a great hotel. The breakfast was cheap, but the options for food were extremely limited even for a continental breakfast. I would only stay here again if I could not find something at a reasonable rate the night before a cruise, otherwise it is not where I would stay in San Juan.

4  Thank Jencornell
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The hotel website gave us impression that it would be a nicer hotel that what we found. The hotel is super standard, nothing fancy, and outdated. We got a room with windows, which is better than some (some hotel guests weren't pleased with the rooms they got without windows). The room and the hotel itself is pretty clean but again, super basic. The location is good, and that's why we chose this hotel and compared to others in San Juan, this is the best deal we could find. For a night stay, this is sufficient. If we go to San Juan again in the future, we will definitely try to find another alternative hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank runningman10
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We travel to Old San Juan often. Hotel Milano has a great staff. Very consistent, accommodations are perfect (very clean) and very importan, the hotel owner is always present (very difficult to find).
We always we feel like our second home!
They are in the process of opening a very promising restaurant (local cuisine) on their top terrace. A magnificent view of Old San Juan.
We highly recommend this hotel for those who visit Old San Juan looking for quality, economical with a family atmosphere.
Stayed April 2014