“What a yummy tour!”

Flavors of San Juan Food and Culture Tours
Ranked #1 of 10 Food & Drink in San Juan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are the ORIGINAL walking food tour company of Puerto Rico (founded in 2009). What's that? Our food tours combine Puerto Rico's unique history and cuisine in the beautiful setting of historic Old San Juan. Featured as a top tour option on CNN, BBC, Caribbean Travel & Life Magazine, USA Today, Frommers, Lonely Planet and more, Flavors of San Juan Food and Culture Tours offers delicious 1-3 hour food tasting events focused solely in historic San Juan, Puerto Rico (Old San Juan). Leave your tourist fanny pack at home and awaken the traveler inside! Our guided food tours include mouth-watering food samples (enough for most to feel full afterwards) showing off the diversity of Puerto Rican "comida criolla" or local cuisine. We are so much more than rice and beans! Come learn our rich history, treasured architecture and hidden off the beaten path restaurants you don't want to miss. Our food & drink tours depart daily at 10am, 3pm, 5pm, 5:30 pm and 6pm.
Reviewed 12 October 2017

It was my first time in Puerto Rico and didn't have a lot of time so thought I'd get an introduction, and this tour did not disappoint! Be prepared for pina coladas, ice pops, flan, and making your own mofongo.

1  Thank Joan L
Write a ReviewReviews (2,051)
All reviews
"flan"
in 47 reviews
"pina colada"
in 54 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 53 reviews
in 19 reviews
"hour tour"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 27 September 2017

I can't wait to go back to San Juan, arguably, one of the most beautiful cities in the United States!

Our tour guide, Juan, brought the city's history to life and shared local foods and products with our tour. Even after the Hurricane, I would go back to be there with people that are truly kind and colorful! I can't say enough about the beauty and love of this place.

Help our citizens by pressuring your Congressmen to do the right thing and help our fellow Americans in re-building this treasure.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I recently did the tour while on our honeymoon. We ended up being the only two in attendance (it was a Sunday with a hurricane two days away) so it also ended up being a private tour, although I can see how a group tour would be a blast. Eli was our guide and he was great! He gave us a lot of info about the landmarks we passed on the way, which was like two tours in one. The food was great with a few surprises, and you could have rolled us home! All venues were prepared for us and very welcoming. I definitely recommend this tour to anyone in San Juan- whether you are a "foodie" or not.