“It's just OK”
Review of Casa Condado Hotel

Casa Condado Hotel
Ranked #33 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I took my daughter to Puerto Rico to celebrate her 45th birthday. We selected this hotel based on location and cost. The location was excellent. Only a block to the bus stop to take us to Old San Juan. The cost was reasonable for the value received. The room was bare bones: a bed, nightstand and TV. Although I was impressed they supplied a small bottle of shampoo and rinse. The first morning, at 8am, we left to sightsee for the day. We were asked if our room was ready for housekeeping. After saying yes we left. We returned after 6pm to a room that had not been touched. Back to the desk where after explaining the issue, Sarah shrugged her shoulders and did not offer an appology. I had to ask for clean towels. We were only there from Friday to Sunday, during that time our room was never touched by housekeeping. The rest of the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The gentleman on Sunday allowed us to stay one hour past "check out" at no cost as we were running late after spending the morning on the beach. We went to the beach because the hotel does not have a swiming pool. This is something to consider as a cool swim after a long day of sightseeing would have been nice. The value was good at the price paid through Trip Advisor; however, when checking out I noticed a sign on the desk that stated rooms were priced almost double what I paid. Would I have selected this hotel on that new price - absolutely not!

Room Tip: For the "fit" any room would be okey. For those not wanting to climb many stairs, request...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 September 2012

dave from philly.i stayed at this location from sept. 17-21,i must say the staff were very helpful.since my room was on the third floor the male housekeeping staff took my lugage up to my room for me.ever day he greet me with a friendly and a warm hello.the front desk staff was also helpful and friendly.they made sure that i had a taxi by 6 am to take me to air port. they alos offered me breakfast that time of the morning since i was leaving so early.they may not be a 5 star hotel, but their kindness is 5 star quality. i would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2012

The location and the staff were simply marvelous and very helpful. My room was on the first floor and my sister's room was on the first floor and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the hotel, as it was in close proximity to sites we wanted to see. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Stayed at this establishment yet again and yet i remain pleased. The staff at the hotel are very helpful; I had a couple of bags with me and since my room was located on the second floor, the Front Desk Agent stopped what he was doing to take my bags upstairs and all the way into my room.
The hotel is a very comfy type place. I little get-away home, or a business type hotel. The breakfast included muffins, bagels, toast, pastry cakes, orange and pineapple juice, coffee, and milk. It was a light breakfast but it still did the work. At the same time, if I wanted to go out for breakfast, I was surrounded by all types of restaurants. The location was PERFECT.
The hotel location was: 2 blocks from the beach, a block from a 24 hour Walgreen's (which sells alcohol), and across the street from a small liquor store, as well as, two blocks from the main street in Condado: Ashford st, which is where everything goes down at.
I recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone who wants to stay in PR and not spend so much on a hotel but at the same time be as comfortable as paying BIG BUCKS for one! :P

Room Tip: Piedra escrita, El yunque, Mar chiquita (in Manati), Fajardo, Culebra (Flamenco beach), and Cueva Ve...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2012

The location was great because it was close to ashford which is the main street and the beach! The customer service was great!!! Ricky is extremely helpful!! He went out of his way to help us out with very question we had! I definitely recommend Casa Condado!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Kcano88
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I normally don't write reviews but I felt that I needed to let people know how my experience was. Im from puerto Rico and I returned home to visit but decided to stay at this establishment. Everything was just a bit disappointing. I had called the hotel before my trip about check in info and other concerns I had and I wasn't informed about the parking nor that they didn't have an elevator. I had rented a car and drove to the hotel which no one including a police officer didn't know where this hotel was, once found I saw no parking so I called and was told that I would have to park at the garage for $15 a block away from the hotel. Already annoyed I carried my bags to the hotel and a stranger had to help me. Once I was in the process of checking in they give me the remote control for the TV for my room which I found a bit off. Then if I wanted ice I would have to bring down my pitcher from my room to the front desk and behind the front desk they had a beach cooler with ice which they used to scoop out the ice. Lol . As my adventure continued the room was clean but very small ,walls are paper thin you could hear everything I wasn't able to sleep cause I would her the other guest in the hallway and the people that were at the bar. They don't have enough power outlets. I only had one that was available and that was on top of the sink in the bathroom so I was charging my phone in the bathroom I had to disconnect the tv in order to use the iron while charging my phone on top of the sink. I found it to be very noisy but it is like 2blocks away from the beach and the staff was kind and breakfast was decent but I wouldn't choose this hotel on my next trip back to Puerto Rico.

Room Tip: Ask for the 1st or second floor cause they do not have elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2012

It was a very nice place to relax and sleep after a long day of sight seeing or the beach. Very clean, modern, good staff, very close to nice restaurants, gift shops and the beach. I stayed there because I wanted a place to stay the night while staying all day walking around the Condado area and the price was comfortable. So, it went perfectly with what I expected. If I ever had to stay again, I gladly would.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends